WCVM c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My university has also been really slow with marks as well - I just got my last mark today and I have sent my unofficial transcript in electronically. I'm hoping it arrives on time! They were pretty quick back in January but yeah still playing the anxious waiting game. I think in terms of marks I'm either just below what they look for or (hopefully) I might get an interview by the skin of my teeth. I had a HORRIBLE first year and a half and have been pulling myself out of it ever since while working two jobs, so we'll really have to see. :xf: Good luck to everyone though, I'm sending out some positive vibes in your general direction! :biglove:

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm they still haven't gotten my transcripts. I sent then an e-mail yesterday asking about it, but they still haven't gotten back to me. Did everyone else get a status change indicating that they received an unofficial transcript? I'm starting to get nervous!!! I sent my official transcripts in a week and a half ago!

Hey fishfinn,

If you are concerned, leave a message on the online application. It may take a day to reply, but I have always received a reply through there. It may be that Norine hasn't had time to input everything into the computer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I e-mailed my unofficial transcript to Heather and they were posted on the online app almost immediately, but I sent my official transcripts that same day (May 3) and nothing has been posted yet. They're coming from the University of Regina and probably should have gotten there yesterday at the latest, so I am assuming Heather is perhaps out of the office, especially if e-mails aren't being answered either.

My unofficial transcript never showed up on my online app but Norine just confirmed that she received it. She just said not to worry and that they should be receiving official transcripts soon. How long does mail take from Vancouver to Saskatoon? I guess I should be more patient haha

If it makes you feel better I was just able to order my transcript today so it wont be there by the 11th I dont think. I hope that they are ok with just the unofficial transcripts for now!!!
jmf 391, I am in the same boat as you are. Not a very good first year and my GPA has been gradually creeping up each semester! I am crossing my fingers! I just want to know !!! haha

If it makes you feel better I was just able to order my transcript today so it wont be there by the 11th I dont think. I hope that they are ok with just the unofficial transcripts for now!!!
jmf 391, I am in the same boat as you are. Not a very good first year and my GPA has been gradually creeping up each semester! I am crossing my fingers! I just want to know !!! haha

Oh I know! I just want to know where I stand - good or bad!
What are people doing for summer jobs, by the way? Anything exciting?

I was hoping to be working at my vet clinic that ive been at for over a year but theres not enough work :( So now I have to go find a different job! The exciting part of my summer depends on vet school and moving haha

I was hoping to be working at my vet clinic that ive been at for over a year but theres not enough work :( So now I have to go find a different job! The exciting part of my summer depends on vet school and moving haha

I hear you... I was working at 2 - I quit the one that I was at for 5 years in February and I almost wish I hadn't just for the lack to hours at the one I'm still at. I have an interview tomorrow for a QA position, really hope I get it because of the whole lack of money thing +pity+ other than that, slow summer so far!
What are you thinking about doing jumpergirl? Or are you just applying to a bunch of places hoping for a decent wage? (My plan)

Im basically sending resumes to a bunch of random places hoping for something! Definitely is humbling when you get a BSc and still applying to random jobs haha my problem is that I have only had animal related jobs like working as ranch hands or at vet clinics so I dont have experience serving etc so the little high schoolers get priority on those jobs which is annoying haha. Doesnt help that it is just for acouple months then ideally moving to Saskatoon!

Haha! jumpergirl you have taken the thought straight out of my head and written it down, for sure. It is very humbling and frustrating at the moment! I had an interview for a serving job last summer which I didn't get because I'm pretty sure that the guy who interviewed me was looking for someone... How to put this nicely.. Um, slightly less career/goal oriented? I don't know the girl who got the job over me, but judging by the other servers I met, I can make an extrapolation as to the kind of gal they were looking for. Or maybe he thought he'd have to pay me more... Or maybe I have too many scary things on my resume, who knows. In any case, I hope that you find something that isn't too painful and pays decently! :xf::luck:

Hey all, just letting you know...a girl I know just got an e-mail for a second round interview (from Saskatchewan) and they are happening on May 29 and 30. So e-mails for other provinces should be coming soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have had such issues finding a job too!!! I was looking for a menial place to work at close to my house so I just ride my bike to work and came across a gas station with a help wanted sign. Applied and nothing.....

How is it so hard to get a job at a gas station selling cigarettes?? :(

My dad saved my butt though and I'm working in his office. Any luck yet?

edit: Thanks dls116!!!! I'm going to start checking my email with a little more frequency. :D

I have had such issues finding a job too!!! I was looking for a menial place to work at close to my house so I just ride my bike to work and came across a gas station with a help wanted sign. Applied and nothing.....

How is it so hard to get a job at a gas station selling cigarettes?? :(

My dad saved my butt though and I'm working in his office. Any luck yet?

edit: Thanks dls116!!!! I'm going to start checking my email with a little more frequency. :D

I feel your pain! I just had a job interview today for a QA position at a local packer at 8AM. I'm never sure how these things go, I didn't feel very articulate today but I feel like experience is on my side. So here's hoping.
Also, after waiting and waiting for the status on my transcript situation to resolve I emailed Norine today only to find that they DID NOT have my transcripts at all. So I emailed her a pdf copy of my unofficial marks. One of those times where I'm so thankful that I live in this day and age where I can fix a potential catastrophe with the click of a mouse! So, for all of you in a similar situation - make sure you make sure its under control! :p
That's awesome to hear that the second round offers are already going out, I am waiting with bated breath!

i like to "dumb down" my resume if applying for a job in the service industry, etc...
no one wants to hire a future veterinarian at a gas station ;)
and don't focus too much on your future goals in the interview! just focus on the here and now and say you want to work as much as possible and make as much money as possible, they usually like hearing that in restaurants.

Good luck!
i'm hoping for a nice email sometime soon :))))

Just received my interview invite (Alberta)!!!! :D

And now I'm very nervous..........:scared:

omg now I am so anxious for Monday! Anyone in BC get one??

I received an invite today too! :) :) also Alberta

I got an e-mail yesterday offering me an interview for May 29 or 30 - Saskatchewan resident. Also, spoke to WCVM last week and was told the admissions committee sits down on June 8 so hopefully we will know shortly after that.

Yayyyyy congrats everyone who's gotten invites!! and hang in there everyone who is still waiting! It definitely took a few days for them to send out all the first round ones, so I'm sure there will be more to send out next week. :)

Hey, quick question to those of you who have interviewed. Is it open or closed-file? Kansas had my application in front of them on computers during the interview. I should probably read over what I submitted either way haha.:p

They all have your application printed off and in front of them.

omg now I am so anxious for Monday! Anyone in BC get one??
Not yet ... but I'm checking my email like a CRAZY PERSON.

I think we are literally the last two people without invites, haha.

... ha ha.

:(

Im pretty sure we are the only province left.. I havent left my computer since I got home from work.
This feels like torture! :(

tell me about it... nail biting since 8 am this morning... and no word
Hey, congratulations Escalla!!! I hope you rock it:thumbup:

tell me about it... nail biting since 8 am this morning... and no word
Hey, congratulations Escalla!!! I hope you rock it:thumbup:

Still hanging in the wind too, guys. :(

Oh good, there's 4 of us!

/continues hanging in wind

I wish there was some sort of date set for the last interviews to be set out so I don't hang on to a little thread of hope for another week even if all the interviews are already out ... y'know?

Hi all, I am new to the forum and I am from BC too! And I am waiting for the second round interview notice, too = = :confused:

Welcome kakula!

I am not going to lie, I am glad that all of you other BC folks are waiting too! Gives much more hope that they havent been sent out to BC yet. I def had a few break downs during the waiting game today! Hoping tomorrow is the day!!!

When I talked to Heather last week about my transcripts, she said that they were "on schedule" and that we could expect final decisions around the same time as they were given last year (~June 8-10). It's crazy that they hand out 2nd round interview invites so close to final decisions! At least you guys will all be fresh in their minds!!

Hang in there BC residents and everyone else still waiting!! I'm rooting for you!!

While I'm still furiously checking my email until something happens ... what did everyone who already interviewed wear? A suit? Dress pants and a blouse? Did you feel too dressed up/not dressed up enough?

=)

I'm gonna go buy new stuff if I get an interview and I just want to know what I should aim for ...

I found it common in the U.S. and at the UCVM interview that people chose to wear a pant suit. There were some in blouses and dress pants though. I'm wearing my pant suit again - I feel so professional in it hahaha :p

I wore a pant suit too!

P.S. so jealous U of S Med students got sent their acceptance emails today...and we still have a month to wait!!

UBC Med students did, too - is this Worldwide Med School Acceptance Day or something?!

I wish it was let bc residents come out of their sitting, waiting day! haha

Congrats to everyone getting interviews! I wore a pant suit also, and I wore a sleeveless printed blouse underneath :) I knew I would be really hot in there so I went for the sleeveless lol.

Check email NOW!!!!!! I just got an OFFER BC!!!!! So excited!!!!

Oh man! Congrats!!!!! I'm at work and checking email obsessively. Sigh.

Congratulations to kermit123 and kakula! That's awesome! :thumbup:

Hey guys, did you see the message of the day has changed?
"All interview offers have been made. Applicants not offered interviews will receive written feedback on their application mid-June".

I'm sorry to those who didn't make it this year :(

Congrats kermit123 and kakula!

I'm excited and nervous!

Hi all, just wanted to say congrats to all those who have interviews. To those that didn't get one don't give up. This was my fifth application and will be my first interview. Needless to say I am very excited and nervous all in one!

To those who have interviewed already what type of questions have you been getting this year?