WCVM c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone interviewing today!!! :) You'll do great!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi all, just wanted to say congrats to all those who have interviews. To those that didn't get one don't give up. This was my fifth application and will be my first interview. Needless to say I am very excited and nervous all in one!

To those who have interviewed already what type of questions have you been getting this year?
That is really encouraging to me, I've applied three times now and haven't even gotten an interview. I am so happy you are interviewing, I hope you do amazing! :)

That is really encouraging to me, I've applied three times now and haven't even gotten an interview. I am so happy you are interviewing, I hope you do amazing! :)

For those of you who have already applied multiple times and not gotten in what are you guys doing to try and increase your chances of getting in??

Members don't see this ad :)
I retook one course to bring it up to an A.

I started taking a full course load and did well in all my classes. I enrolled into an after degree program, essentially a second Bachelors??

I volunteered with whoever would take me and tried to get as much diversity as possible.

I'll let you know if it becomes successful!

Has anyone else had their interviews? How did they go?

I am having mine in two days!!! BC, very nervous, I think I might be the last BC interviewee , May 30th late afternoon!!!!

Good luck kakula!

Go for a run in the morning. It'll help with any nerves!

I think I'm the last interview tomorrow, AH!

Feelin' good, feelin' fine, gonna go in and come out with a smile and hope that my personality will shine through! =D

Thank you LeilaFay ! Do you guys know how long is the interview?

Mine was 40mins (plus a couple last minute questions)

I hope everyone's interviews went well! ...and now we wait. :p

Fingers crossed for all of us!
Weird to think that those of us accepted will actually meet each other ... in real life.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol. I can just see that meeting now..."are you the picture of the sheep?"...They are meeting on the 8th to make final decisions right? Thats a week today!

lol. I can just see that meeting now..."are you the picture of the sheep?"...They are meeting on the 8th to make final decisions right? Thats a week today!
I laughed out loud ... oh god ahahaha.

I know ... I try not to think about it every waking moment...
but I do anyway. :scared:

Oh, I'm thinking about it too! My sister is coming to visit soon... So it'll either be celebratory drinks, or drinking my sorrows away!

I'm going to an event with an open bar the night of the 8th ... so good news or bad, I'm going to be well-prepared! :p

We probably won't find out til the next week of their decisions even though they're meeting friday.

Does anyone else go through the phases of "yeah, I think I have a really good shot of being accepted!!" to "I doubt I'm getting in this year.." sometimes within the same day? Maybe I'm just going crazy from having to wait so long..Thank goodness they're deciding soon.

Does anyone else go through the phases of "yeah, I think I have a really good shot of being accepted!!" to "I doubt I'm getting in this year.." sometimes within the same day? Maybe I'm just going crazy from having to wait so long..Thank goodness they're deciding soon.

Not one of you guys applying to WCVM, but I seriously went through this in March before the acceptances came back from the university I applied to. It'd be a daily thing - "I'm never getting in..." then "Well, maybe I have a good chance!" and back and forth and back and forth. I was starting to doubt my sanity a bit by the end. :laugh:

Story. Of. My. LIFE.

Sometimes within the same hour!

Do we know if they will post the final decision on the status page the same time they send out the letters?? I hate waiting for post.... :(
Anxiety has reached maximum levels. Let's just fast-forward 1 week. :)

They're sending out emails telling you to check the online portal I'm pretty sure. When I had my interview I asked Heather in person how they were going about sending out acceptances and that's what she told me. Then that final decision button will be accessible and you click into that to find out your fate!! I just hope I'm at home or around a computer whenever that happens and not stuck at work or something ah!

I got my phone call today! I got in to WCVM!!!! AHHHH!!

Wow, congrats!!!!!!!!! :D :D That is great!!!!!!!!
Do you have a first choice between UCVM and WCVM?

Also... Akroening, was your status portal updated?? Or just the call first and then the status portal update like for interviews? I'M PANICKING :) ...

OMG my anxiety is high right now! I got a missed call, but no message!

REGRET CLICKING ON THIS THREAD SO MUCH. HEART ATTACK CENTRAL.

... at least I'm a BC resident, so I don't think I have to worry ... today, at least. Probably just Alberta first because of UCVM.

But now cue me checking the portal every day for the rest of the week.

Just had my convocation and my happiness turned to complete heart attack mode...!!!! Congrats you guys!! So happy for you!

OMG my anxiety is high right now! I got a missed call, but no message!

I'm pretty sure that if you got a phone call, missed or otherwise, you're in. I believe they are only calling the successful AB applicants. I didn't get a phone call, so I guess I landed in the REJECTED pile. :cry:

They may not have finished calling everyone so hold tight!!

I'm in!! Ahhhh!!!

Dr Grahn did say he didn't have time to call everyone, but that AB residents would be called.

When I got my call, the Dean said he was going to try and get through the list today, but he had quite a few still to call and that was around 4:30 - so there is still hope :) He also said everyone's portal will be updated tomorrow with acceptance options (accept/decline button) or feedback information.
Good luck :)

Thanks everyone and congrats to LeilaFay and drpbnjelly!! We are going to be classmates!
Today is the most crazy dayy!!

Everyone's portal or just Alberta residents??

Congratulations LeilaFay!!!!!!!! All that hard work and perseverance paid off! :thumbup: :clap:

Everyone's portal or just Alberta residents??
He said everyone's portal will be updated (I have a BC friend waiting as well for her answer so I thought I better ask while I had the chance!)

He said everyone's portal will be updated (I have a BC friend waiting as well for her answer so I thought I better ask while I had the chance!)
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(Thanks for asking by the way)

But

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Omg I'm freaking out :( and worst part! I'm stuck working outside at a golf charity event ALL day. I'll die if I can't check it until supper. May have to take a super long bathroom break and drive home to check hahaha. Congrats again everyone who has heard already, so exciting!

Does anyone know why they called Alberta residents if everyone's portal is being updated tomorrow anyway?

Does anyone know why they called Alberta residents if everyone's portal is being updated tomorrow anyway?
He said they called AB applicants because UCVM did and they didn't WCVM to seem out of touch compared to them - normally he said he would have called tomorrow, but he was going to be busy with convocation ceremonies and probably wouldn't have time to get through all the AB calls.

Gotcha! thanks :)

Did all of you hear from UCVM too then? Which is your first choice between the two?