We need to start thinking more like businessmen...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mathguy12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think we need to change the name of our treatment modality into something more inviting and less scary to our patients:

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-09-15-34-38.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-09-15-34-38.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Rebranding our product?

Maybe I need to explain further. People I speak to say they are scared of RT because of the word "radiation." So to help get more people to approach us without that fear (thanks to 1970's Marvel comic books which tell us radiation turns us into crazy superheros like the Hulk, etc) we should try renaming. In fact, we could even call it high frequency light therapy since RT is simply light that is higher frequency than visible light. Any thoughts on the subject? I'm a current PGY 2 in a rad onc residency btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The last thing medicine needs is more of these "business" people. They are filthy rotten and only care about the bottom line and are huge drivers to why the profession of medicine is going downhill. We don't need more Linked In empty suits who are not physicians telling us how to treat our patients.

Members don't see this ad :)
The last thing medicine needs is more of these "business" people. They are filthy rotten and only care about the bottom line and are huge drivers to why the profession of medicine is going downhill. We don't need more Linked In empty suits who are not physicians telling us how to treat our patients.

I think he is saying that if the "empty suit" was an MD who cared about patients, they would be a "full suit" and everything would be better :)

Uncortunately, Medicine is a big money business and marketing sells. Big hospitals do it and radiation oncologists are not innocent.

I cringe every time I hear the phrase "targeted therapy" with a physician talking beside their beautiful machine with sympathy music playing in the background showing off their nice new multi-million dollar "state of the art" cancer center. I have to make one of these videos next week.

Uncortunately, Medicine is a big money business and marketing sells. Big hospitals do it and radiation oncologists are not innocent.

I cringe every time I hear the phrase "targeted therapy" with a physician talking beside their beautiful machine with sympathy music playing in the background showing off their nice new multi-million dollar "state of the art" cancer center. I have to make one of these videos next week.
The brachy guys should remind the external guys that brachy is the ultimate conformal/targeted therapy

The brachy guys should remind the external guys that brachy is the ultimate conformal/targeted therapy

Not if your implant is placed wrong ;-).

Brachy isn't as sexy as a Cyberknife!

I think he is saying that if the "empty suit" was an MD who cared about patients, they would be a "full suit" and everything would be better :)
Exactly. If instead of saying we're going to radiate you and striking fear in our patients, why not use a different approach and say that "We'll be using the healing power of light to treat your cancer." I know it sounds cheesy but I'd rather find another way to phrase my treatment as to not terrify my patient.

Some other group of guys should remind the brachy guys that brachytherapy is the penultimate targeted therapy and that radioimmunotherapy is the ultimate conformal/targeted therapy :)