Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

Welcome to prehealthadvising.com Admissions Consulting - Information and Raffle

Discussion in 'prehealthadvising.com' started by CarleenEatonMD, 02.27.11.

1. CarleenEatonMD

CarleenEatonMD Exhibitor

SDN Sponsor SDN Exhibitor

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    [​IMG]

Prehealthadvising.com is your premiere resource for admissions information and high-quality admissions consulting services from Dr. Carleen Eaton, an M.D. with seven years of admissions advising experience.

From choosing undergraduate coursework through the final editing of your personal statement and interview preparation, Dr. Eaton’s expert guidance will help you to maximize your chances of admission to medical, dental, veterinary school or other health professions programs. A graduate of the UCLA School of Medicine, Dr. Eaton has advised hundreds of successful applicants over the past seven years.

Applicants in all situations have benefited from Dr. Eaton’s advising, including non-traditional applicants, candidates aiming for top-tier schools, and those who are struggling with the application process or who are re-applying.

The pricing structure and refund policy offered by prehealthadvising.com are ideal for those who may not be sure if an admissions consultant would benefit them.

Please visit prehealthadvising.com or contact Dr. Eaton at info@prehealthadvising.com or 626-768-2154, to arrange a free 20-minute phone consultation with Dr. Eaton to discuss your application.

For SDN’s Test Prep Week 2011, prehealthadvising.com will be giving away one hour of consulting time. See the Test Prep Week 2011 raffle thread for details.

If you have any questions about prehealthadvising.com, feel free to post below. Posting will also enter you into the raffle.

For convenience, below are links to detailed descriptions of the areas of advising by Dr. Eaton:

Medical School Admissions Consulting
    Dental School Admissions Consulting
    Veterinary School Admissions Consulting
    Post-Bac Admissions Consulting
    Residency Admissions Consulting
    Last edited: 03.14.11
  2. PharMed2016

PharMed2016 Eternal Scholar

Medical Student
    Pharmacist SDN 5+ Year Member
    Consider this my post to enter the raffle. I certainly could use someone to look over my application. :laugh:
  3. MamaVis

MamaVis

Pre-Medical
    I'd like to enter the raffle as well. Thank you.
  4. luckviii

luckviii

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    What's your opinion of masters program or smp over just retaking classes at a junior college for amgraduate science major?
  5. apumic

apumic Oracle of the Sheet

Medical Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    You mentioned expertise in post-bacc/non-trad students. What, specifically, can you offer non-trads? What are some important areas you see for non-trads to emphasize?
  6. CarleenEatonMD

CarleenEatonMD Exhibitor

luckviii - If the undergraduate record is very weak, then an applicant may need to retake some of the basic prerequisite coursework, in part to ensure that the applicant has a strong foundation for the MCAT and med school. However, even then, it is ideal to take the classes at a four year school. A step up from that is to do either a formal or informal post-bac focusing on upper division science courses. An SMP is a graduate-level program, although such programs are referred to informally as "post-bacs." An informal program can be less expensive and work well if an applicant is highly organized and motivated. Which route to take depends on the individual applicant's situation.

apumic - Nontraditional applicants are often in the position of applying without the support of an advisor or group of peers to go through the process with. Pitfalls for the non-traditional applicant include obtaining letters of recommendation when one has been out of school for a while, obtaining sufficient clinical experience in order to convince the committee that a career change has been well thought out, and determining which post-bac program is the best fit. I provide guidance on these, and other areas, for non-traditional applicants.
  7. coldtse888

coldtse888

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I'd like to enter the raffle. Thank you.
  8. Notsobs

Notsobs

Pre-Medical
    How early do you think students should ideally receive consulting? Should students get consulting early on in the undergrad years or when they are working on medical school applications?
  9. CarleenEatonMD

CarleenEatonMD Exhibitor

Notsobs:

During the early undergraduate years, admissions consulting focuses on helping a premedical student to choose courses and extracurricular activities. If an applicant does not need assistance in the areas mentioned, then a good time to begin working with an admissions consultant is in January or February of the application year.
  10. aggie11

aggie11

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I would also like to enter for the raffle :)
  11. bonitanolita

bonitanolita

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Please enter me in the raffle. Thanks!

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal