Welcome to the Pre-Vet Forum!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello I'm new to this and am not sure if this is the right thread for this question so if anyone can answer or direct me to another thread that would be great!
I am applying to vet school and really am aiming for Mizzou being an in state resident especially and really would like any helpful advice as in what they look for most in applications with an average gpa, stats from students accepted there and especially help with my personal statement even from other students not just mizzou but what they talked about how to start and what not to do or put.
Thanks!!!! :)

You can try searching for the:
-Mizzou 2021 thread
-Mizzou 202 thread
-Personal Statement readers 2021
-Accepted students stats 2020

Surely those threads could help you out! Welcome to SDN!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I need a little bit of help. I just changed schools and majors. I will be attending Penn Sate University under the Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences major. I know what classes I will be taking but I'm not quite sure what supplies I will need other than the basic school supplies? Or if I will even need any other supplies? Is there anyone who can help me out with this? Thank you so much!

I need a little bit of help. I just changed schools and majors. I will be attending Penn Sate University under the Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences major. I know what classes I will be taking but I'm not quite sure what supplies I will need other than the basic school supplies? Or if I will even need any other supplies? Is there anyone who can help me out with this? Thank you so much!
I'm not familiar with Penn State specifically, but I would think if you need anything special that should be listed in the syllabus for each class, and/or on your booklist. You might need certain things for labs like gloves, safety goggles, maybe a dissection kit, etc. depending on the class. You should be fine waiting until classes start to see what you need and buy that sort of stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, this is my first post. I am 26 years old finishing up my veterinary technology program that is linked with UPENN (we get 6 months full time experience at ryan hospital and NBC). I have been working in small animal for three years and put my dream of being veterinarian on the back burner because I became a non=traditional student but all the vets I work with have encouraged me to apply. I am enrolling to finish by bachelors while working as a CVT. For someone just starting the process I would like any advice I can get. I know my path is strange but being a nurse has only made me want it more. All of these schools require different classes, requirements, test scores, etc. Do you just pick schools that are similar so you can apply to multiple? Have you heard of other students in my situation and did it work for them? Thank you for your time :) I have a 3.6 gpa currently but need to take more higher level science classes.

Hello, this is my first post. I am 26 years old finishing up my veterinary technology program that is linked with UPENN (we get 6 months full time experience at ryan hospital and NBC). I have been working in small animal for three years and put my dream of being veterinarian on the back burner because I became a non=traditional student but all the vets I work with have encouraged me to apply. I am enrolling to finish by bachelors while working as a CVT. For someone just starting the process I would like any advice I can get. I know my path is strange but being a nurse has only made me want it more. All of these schools require different classes, requirements, test scores, etc. Do you just pick schools that are similar so you can apply to multiple? Have you heard of other students in my situation and did it work for them? Thank you for your time :) I have a 3.6 gpa currently but need to take more higher level science classes.
The What Are My Chances thread gets a lot more traffic than this one. You should post there if you haven't yet. :)