Welp, am I ready?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TxDoc49

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm two days away from my test, May 29th. How common is it for one to feel like they didn't deserve their two most recent NBME scores at this point in time (see below). Not that my scores are GREAT, but for some reason I just get the feeling that I'll score -20 under NBMEs.

Timeline:
Form 6 = missed 59 (~195; offline; 4/14)
Form 11 = 205 (5/3)
Form 12 = 210 (5/12; REALLY STARTED TO STUDY AFTER THIS...)
Form 7 = 231 (5/24)
Form 13 = missed 33 (~231; offline; 5/27)
UWorld% = 65 (started 5/13, day after Form 12 210)

From what I hear Form 7 is predictive and Form 13 is harder, but I essentially scored the same! Original goal was over 230. I think it's just the nerves getting too me. Any last minute tips/thoughts/suggestions/best wishes as my dooms day approaches?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if others are going to agree here but maybe you should do the most recent NBME 15 tmrw.. and not the offline version. This seems to have been the most predictive .. whatever you get on it is probably what you will get on the real exam

Thanks for the advice Manu, I may end up doing it early in the morning (7:00am-11:00am). I planned on taking the whole day off, but you think paying for NBME 15 will help me that much? Who else agrees/disagrees?

You've had two around 230. If that's your target, I think you'll be fine. I can't suggest strongly enough sticking to your plan of taking tomorrow off. If you were to take NBME 15 tomorrow, would that change your plans at all about when you're going to take the test? Its obvious that its not going be, for example, a failing grade on that so you shouldn't worry. You need to be fresh the day after when you're taking the real deal, and its almost twice as long as any of the NBMEs. Seriously, take tomorrow off, rest up, relax, and get ready to tackle the big one as planned. But again, you make the decisions, I'm sure others here will have different opinions.

Members don't see this ad :)
this is just me but if i took an NBME the day before my exam, and my score wasn't where i wanted it to be, it would psych me out and make me anxious during my exam.

my test is tomorrow and all i've done today is look at the biostat and pharmacology formulas, had lunch with a friend, and watched fast & furious 6. i would just take it easy tomorrow dude.

Last edited:
Take the day off, IMO. There's not a whole lot of benefit derived from taking another NBME this close to your exam, especially if there's really not a lot you can do about the score you receive unless you are the type to cram things before an exam. I plan to take the whole afternoon off before my test day to watch a couple of movies and sleep early. I think being well-rested and at ease for the exam will probably be more valuable than any NBME at this point.

Thanks Liger and jam. I feel like that echoes all the other pre-test day advice out there. A whole day off is probably what I'll end up doing. I appreciate it.

Thanks Liger and jam. I feel like that echoes all the other pre-test day advice out there. A whole day off is probably what I'll end up doing. I appreciate it.

Good Luck! although you probably don't need it