Were your post-interview feelings accurate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QuinnTheEskimo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've had 2 acceptances and 3 waitlists so far:

Acceptance #1, I thought I bombed this interview. One of my interviewers flat-out reprimanded me for something I said. I was fidgeting the entire time, which is rule #1 what not to do.

Acceptance #2, I thought this interview went well.

Waitlist #1, Interviewer told me I would be a "perfect fit" and he hopes that I attend.

Waitlist #2, Interview was fine, but I didn't like the school all that much.

Waitlist #3, Same as waitlist #2

Of note: All of these schools have average LizzyM scores below mine. I am waiting on several schools which have LizzyMs above mine, so it will be interesting to see how that shakes out.

Anyone else care to share their experience?

Members don't see this ad.

I have three post-interview acceptances and 4 post-interview waitlists and could not have predicted in any way which would be which based on my feelings after the interview.

I do suspect that one or two of the waitlists may have been because I did not make a strong enough case that I would be willing to relocate to the school, though. Even though everything else about the interview went well. I think some of the schools in the midwest and smaller cities are skeptical of applicants who have spent their entire lives in the northeastern corridor and assume we're ultimately going to pick a school close to home since there are so many options here. But that is only supposition on my part.

I don't think you can conclude anything post-interview until you actually have the decision.

I honestly didn't have any feelings either way about most of my interviews. Most were just ok. Didn't feel like I bombed, didn't feel like they were amazing either. I had two interviews where I felt like I really clicked with the interviewer (1 was an acceptance and 1 I'm still waiting on) but otherwise, no intuition. There is so much variability in this whole process that I really tried not to have an opinion on what a decision would be until I got it, so as not to get my hopes up for nothing.

To Add, there was one interview that I thought was a little awkward so I wouldnt be too surprised if I didn't get in there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance 1: I felt I did very well on the component of the interview that was weighed the heaviest, and not so well on the part that was less heavily weighed
Acceptance 2: Interviewer gave me very good feedback during the interveiw
Waitlist 1: I felt I didn't really connect with my interviewer who seemed a bit apathetic. Overall interview felt kind of lackluster

My post-interview feelings were pretty accurate.

I only applied to one school (my dream school) and thus only had one interview invite. I left interview day feeling that all 3 of my mini-interviews went phenomenal, and was accepted 26 hours later.

Reactions: 5 users
Acceptance 1: very casual interview. Thought I did well communicating with interviewer. Didn't expect to get accepted so early on, especially as an OOS applicant.

Acceptance 2: 1st interview went great. Interviewer was under the impression I had offers at that time from several much higher ranked schools (not true at the time) so he was really trying to sell me the school. 2nd interview went bad. Was told that I didn't show enough empathy when asked about an ethical scenario.

Acceptance 3: my best interview performance yet. Was expecting to get accepted.

Acceptance 4: interview went well. Wasn't expecting to get accepted during the first wave of acceptances but it was a pleasant surprise.

Waitlist 1: my first interview of the season so I was unprepared and inexperienced. Was expecting to get waitlisted

Waitlist 2: thought I did well but the school gets a lot of applicants and I wasn't surprised about the waitlist

waitlist 3: did well on interview but wasn't confident I would get in. I thig to would get in but oh well

Waitlist 4: gave a ******ed answer for one of the questions. This probably sealed the waitlist deal for me. Sucks because this was my IS school. This definitely hurt the most.

Waitlist 5: didn't do well in the interview (kinda lingered on a deficiency about the school I was worried about) and interview didn't take it kindly.

Waitlist 6: same story as waitlist 5

Waitlist 7: didn't like the school. But I thought I did well in the interviews but oh well.

Waitlist 8: was told that I would be a shoe-in and that I would even get a scholarship. Ended up being on the waitlist so this was a shocker.

Waitlist 9: gave a ******ed answer to a question first interviewer asked me but second interview went really well. Bummer I got waitlisted but I didn't really love the school that much.

Waitlist 10: absolutely got grilled by the interviewer the entire hour. Waitlist was surprising because I was expecting to get flat out rejected.

Reactions: 1 user
My post interview feelings never turn out how one would think. But nevertheless, I am eternally grateful to the ones that looked over my nervousness and saw who I really was-----Loki. :p
It's a process that will never make any sense to me. Oh med school admissions...

Reactions: 3 users
The two interviews I felt were exceptional netted acceptances. The one interview I felt like I bombed got me waitlisted. Everything else sorta felt like a crapshoot.

"Wow, I bombed that one" - Rejection
"I thought I did well enough save for the first interviewer, although I think my lack of enthusiasm for the school couldn't be hidden" - Rejection
"That went well enough. Maybe not great, but not bad either" - Still waiting
"I thought that went pretty damn well" - Rejection
"I think I did alright, but that was easily my worst interview ever, and not because of anything I did" - Rejection that almost beat me back home (the feeling was mutual)
"Damn, I killed that interview" - Rejection

I've had 2 acceptances and 3 waitlists so far:

Acceptance #1, I thought I bombed this interview. One of my interviewers flat-out reprimanded me for something I said. I was fidgeting the entire time, which is rule #1 what not to do.

Acceptance #2, I thought this interview went well.

Waitlist #1, Interviewer told me I would be a "perfect fit" and he hopes that I attend.

Waitlist #2, Interview was fine, but I didn't like the school all that much.

Waitlist #3, Same as waitlist #2

Of note: All of these schools have average LizzyM scores below mine. I am waiting on several schools which have LizzyMs above mine, so it will be interesting to see how that shakes out.

Anyone else care to share their experience?
It's a crapshoot. The process is a total crapshoot. Beyond doing something obscenely stupid, you can't predict anything.

Nothing I thought was accurate. My most painful rejections came from my most proud and satisfying interviews, and my acceptances have come from places that I was average at on only a couple hours of sleep and having regrets afterwards. The ones I was rested for, fully prepped for and spoke more eloquently, sincerely and profoundly (even making one interviewer cry when I described why medicine and it wasn't even an anecdote, just my perception of it all-- not because it was "that bad". in b4 joke) than any human in the history of mankind for were the ones that destroyed me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
#1: Slightly nervous but settled down quickly. Went as well as it could have, but in hindsight my answer to "Why us?" could have been stronger. Thought I would eventually get in, not necessarily at the earliest decision date.
Result: 0 for 3 at each decision date, one more chance in March before I'm on the waitlist. IS school so I'm hopeful

#2: Absolutely killed the interview, even the tough questions. Helped that my interview was 4 days after #1 so I was very comfortable. Formed a unique connection with my interviewer (we've both worked with the same non-profit organization) and he literally said he was impressed with my answers. I'm also IS so I 99% expected to get in.
Result: Accepted

#3: Wouldn't change anything I said. Interviews were super relaxed so not much chance to stand out. One on one interviewer said I would have "options" during the cycle so I should focus on talking to as many students as I could to see if this was the place for me. Made me feel like an all star, even though this was a reach school for me. Bet he'd laugh if he knew I only had two other interviews (IS) and only one acceptance this cycle. Won't lie, I thought I'd get in eventually.
Result: 0 for 4 at each decision date, still two more chances before waitlist. Sent an update letter last week, so I remain hopelessly optimistic.

My post interview feelings were dead on every time. I think there are some applicants, myself included, who are right on the borderline of accept/waitlist, and the interview ends up being the deciding factor. If it goes well, you're in, and if it goes poorly, you're done. Some applicants are superstars and can still get in with an awkward interview, and some can nail the interview and still be waitlisted. I think I was just right in the middle.

Reactions: 2 users
Interview # 1: This was my first interview so I was kind of nervous and didn't know what to expect. The interviewers were nice and the interview itself was conversational. I thought I did alright but I could've definitely answered some questions better. My answers were probably a lot more brief than they should've been. Thought that it could go either way -- acceptance or waitlist. Result: Haven't heard back (5 months later!!).

Interview # 2: Both interviews went well. The school is known to waitlist a lot of applicants so I didn't expect too much. Result: Waitlisted.

Interview # 3: The interview went REALLY well. I answered all their questions about the healthcare system confidently even though one of the interviewers disagreed with everything I said. Felt optimistic after this interview. Result: Accepted

Interview # 4: This interview went pretty well too. One of the interviewers was extremely nice! The interview was supposed to last 30 minutes but I was there for an hour and a half. Thought I would get an acceptance here. Result: Accepted.

Interview # 5: I received my first acceptance e-mail the day before my interview at this school. I would've cancelled this interview but I was already in the city so I figured why not go! I got less than three hours of sleep the night before because I was super excited about my first acceptance so obviously didn't prepare as much as I would've otherwise. I also didn't connect very well with my interviewer (I didn't try too hard, tbh). It wasn't a complete disaster so I thought I'd get put on the waitlist. Result: Waitlisted.

Interview # 6: Both the interviews were conversational. I felt like I didn't really "click" with my interviewers though. I also thought that I didn't answer certain questions as eloquently as I could've. Expected to be put on the waitlist. Result: Accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
To be honest, I don't think the interviews matters much anyway in the grand scheme of things. Other interviewers on SDN have said that most interviewers are good at interviewing with rare exceptions at both ends. I've had some crazy interviews and my cycle has been full of surprises despite the way my interviews have gone.

To be honest, I don't think the interviews matters much anyway in the grand scheme of things. Other interviewers on SDN have said that most interviewers are good at interviewing with rare exceptions at both ends. I've had some crazy interviews and my cycle has been full of surprises despite the way my interviews have gone.
If the interview does not count that much, how the heck school decide to accept applicants post interview?

Last edited:
Interviewed ended with "Well you didn't say anything to hurt your chances" :confused: Accepted on the first day possible
Student interview that I thought went very well. Guest MD interview read off a list of strange questions like what my tombstone will say, who my hero is, etc. Accepted.
Interview ended with "Well I can't wait to see you here in the Fall. I have a spot ready for you in the research lab. Email me periodically to let me know how you are doing." Rejected

Honestly, what I've read on here seems like it's correct. If you are a stellar app and you don't appear strange then you stay about the same after the interview. If you are an average app then you might move slightly up if you do extremely well at the interview or you might move down some if you are strange. It's no surprise to me that the schools I was accepted were the ones that my stats matched up with.

Last edited:
Out of 4 interviews, the two I felt I had an amazing time interviewing were the two acceptances I received. The one I felt I did the worst at was a rejection, and the one where I couldn't put my finger on how well I did was a waitlist.

Anecdotal evidence, I know, but I think post interview feelings of how well you did are pretty accurate.

I think it's tough to accurately predict how you did after an interview assuming the interviewer is a good one. Their job is to learn about you while keeping you comfortable so that you have an opportunity to put your best face forward. It's also hard to say what kinds of answers your interviewer is looking for. What you perceive to be a good answer may not be such a great one to the interviewer, but you likely won't know that unless they tell you directly.

It's easier said than done, I know, but once you finish the interview, try and put it out of your mind until you get a final decision. Worrying about it before then will just cause extra stress and anxiety.

My first int. (And subsequent acceptance) left me beaming after each int. I left the first room with a handshake and a "I look forward to seeing you again in the Fall"

Second school interview, my interviewer made me tear up (lol). Haven't heard back from this one, will prob be rejected in Mar :p

I think it's really hard to say based on your feelings. First, you don't know how much the interview is worth; is it 10%, 50% or just P/F? Second, I think a lot of people don't take into account interviewer personality variation: some will naturally be friendly, others more neutral, but the neutral interviewer could have liked you a lot more. Lastly, there is variation with your perception. Some people are very critical of themselves and will think that most of their interviews went terribly, others are oblivious and will think their terrible interviews went great.

There's so much to account for, I don't think you should put too much stock in your post interview feelings.

"Well I can't wait to see you here in the Fall. I have a spot ready for you in the research lab. Email me periodically to let me know how you are doing." Rejected

images

Reactions: 3 users
Acceptance #1 - It was my first interview but I was calm and collected (on the outside). I connected with the lady, made her laugh, spoke well, though she asked an ethical that was a pretty unique scenario and was worried about it. I did additional research into the case and included that in my thank you email to her, although she probably already wrote the recommendation by then. Second interviewer felt pretty good as well, more of a stand offish guy.

Acceptance #2 - Felt very confident this day, interviewers definitely seemed more lax and were sort of rapid firing through their questions just seeing if I was competent and matched up with my application. Last 5-10 minutes of each were spent selling me on the school.

Withdrew from all my other interviewers after these acceptances. I was still very nervous about the first one, as it was my top choice and first interview. Though I know I spoke well and was very, very prepared for the interviews.

Rejected Utah - I could see it in their eyes when I mentioned I will pole dance at some strip club to pay for medical school
Accepted CUSOM - I have no idea - did not think interviewers and I connected at all
Waitlisted UCLA - meh interview

Rejected Utah - I could see it in their eyes when I mentioned I will pole dance at some strip club to pay for medical school
Accepted CUSOM - I have no idea - did not think interviewers and I connected at all
Waitlisted UCLA - meh interview

I'm not sure if you're serious. I don't even think ucla has even sent out wait lists updates yet.

If the interview does not count that much, how the heck school decide to accept applicants post interview?

Based on everything else in your app. It has to do with the staircase analogy. Everyone is on a stair on the staircase with the highest ranked applicants on top before the interview and for most applicants, the interview will not change their stair. In rare cases, they might move up a stair or move down 5 if they bomb the interview.

My post interview feelings were dead on every time. I think there are some applicants, myself included, who are right on the borderline of accept/waitlist, and the interview ends up being the deciding factor. If it goes well, you're in, and if it goes poorly, you're done. Some applicants are superstars and can still get in with an awkward interview, and some can nail the interview and still be waitlisted. I think I was just right in the middle.

Completely agree with this assessment!

Based on everything else in your app. It has to do with the staircase analogy. Everyone is on a stair on the staircase with the highest ranked applicants on top before the interview and for most applicants, the interview will not change their stair. In rare cases, they might move up a stair or move down 5 if they bomb the interview.

I heard this analogy prior to interviewing and thought it was complete BS and was something gunners say to psych you out. I thought that everything walks into interview on an equal playing field and had an equal chance of getting accepted. After interviewing this cycle I realized how much truth there is to it.

Reactions: 2 users
I heard this analogy prior to interviewing and thought it was complete BS and was something gunners say to psych you out. After interviewing this cycle I realized how much truth there is to it.

It comes directly from @LizzyM so it must be true. At one school at least. :D

I'm not sure if you're serious. I don't even think ucla has even sent out wait lists updates yet.
Oh I guessed on the waitlist. Everyone else called/mailed me back. UCLA has been the only one to not say anything. I suppose I don't know yet but I don't care anymore.

Did reasonably well on all interviews, but the 2 interviews I thought I could have done better ended up as acceptances, while the 1 I thought went really smooth - lots of smiles, laughs, lots of small talk etc. ended up as a wait list.

That makes sense... So don't be an idiot during the interview! These interviews are costly... We are talking about $600-1000 and they don't count. Therefore, I think they should be optional in that they should let the candidates decide whether they want visit the schools or not.

I'll let you know as soon as I get a post-interview response :depressed:

My post interview feelings:
1.) "nailed it, that was the best interviewing I have ever done"---> rejected
2.) " you were 100% yourself, they either liked your personality and who you are or it's not a good fit", positive feeling --> accepted
3.) " Wow, could you keep your mouth shut ... you over shared.... and did you actually just tell them the thing you learned from a life changing experience was that you can wake up really early :bang: , ahh look at the look of their faces- you're lucky if you salvage a wait list, but probably a rejection" [the only school I thought I actually got rejected from post interview]---> accepted:banana:
4.) " this wasn't as horrible as I was expecting, wow interviewers are so nice! ( my first one ) ---> Silence, not a peep since October
5.) well this one is the worst one yet by a long shot ... actually cried post interview:( --> Waitlist
6-9) Felt so-so, not good, not bad---> wait listed/Deferred/UC whatever you want to call it

I know when I ace an interview or bomb it. Anything in between has proven to be out of my ability to accurately judge.

I have to ask...did you just drop your guard at that moment?

Acceptance #1 - Felt decent about it, I practically answered her questions before she even asked and the student interviewer was really nice
Acceptance #2 - Felt at ease, but slightly pressured. Was asked off-the-wall questions, but overall felt good about it. The main presenter even told me he wanted me there for his research so it felt good that he didn't lie haha.
Waitlist #1 - It was a reach school and I felt like I was trying too hard. They are notorious for waitlisting people, but truth be told, with my stats, I'm surprised I even got an interview so I am humbled. They begin ranking waitlisted applicants later on, but honestly not holding my breath
Waitlist #2 - One interviewer kind of threw me off. She asked me weird questions and she had a thick accent that made listening to her difficult. I was told that I am in a competitive range for the school but we'll see. This was kind of shocking though and I thought I would've been accepted

Currently waiting on one more school. I honestly feel nervous just because my most recent waitlist was a "shocker" (But it's medical school applications, there are no sure things). I think I answered everything fairly and my responses were genuine so if I'm waitlisted or rejected, there was honestly nothing I could've done differently.

That makes sense... So don't be an idiot during the interview! These interviews are costly... We are talking about $600-1000 and they don't count. Therefore, I think they should be optional in that they should let the candidates decide whether they want visit the schools or not.

That is a wrong and dangerous lesson to extrapolate. It's not that the interview doesn't count. It's that several interviewees don't actually make it count.

That is a wrong and dangerous lesson to extrapolate. It's not that the interview doesn't count. It's that several interviewees don't actually make it count.

True, the admissions representative who talked to me post interview flat out told me he was carefully observing all the candidates on interview day even before we went into our interviews and how we were interacting with one another. He made it sound like it factored into our post interview decision. Interviews matter, if they didn't they wouldn't have them. The weight of the interview depends on the school.

Now that my cycle is most likely over, I can post! BUMP! :D
Acceptance #1= Interviews went great! Both of my interviewers said I'd be a good "fit" for their school. (Gut feeling: Accepted)
Acceptance #2=
Interviews went great! Very conversational. I genuinely enjoyed my experience. (Gut feeling: Accepted)
Waitlist #1=
First interview went okay and second interview went great. (Gut feeling: Accepted or WL)
Waitlist #2= 1st interview sucked and 2nd interview went well. (Gut feeling: Rejected or WL)
Waitlist #3= Interviews went great! But this school is notorious for WL OOS applicants, which I knew going into the interview. (Gut feeling: WL)

I thought this thread was great so I'm going to revive it! (Is that bad netiquette?) Unfortunately, I have no results yet but I will update as I get results and go on more interviews. I'm hoping others who do have results from this cycle will continue to build the thread!

Oh, FWIW, I'm a non-trad student (lots of ECs but nothing crazy) and have an upper-60s LizzyM.

Interview #1: My first interview. I had one hour of sleep, felt like I was rambling constantly. Also my bladder was going to explode during one of the faculty presentations (made a rookie move drinking too much coffee/water), so I straight up left to use the restroom in the middle of him talking. Expecting waitlist. *Edit to say that the more I think about this interview the more I anticipate flat out rejection. Result: High-Priority Waitlisted

Interview #2: 2 days after interview #1. Felt like I rambled constantly again. Also, I got heated about politics in my student interview and at another point added some gender nonconformist stuff that may have been seen as too "out there." Expecting rejection tout suite. Result: Accepted

Interview #3: this was my first MMI. Felt average to good about it. One station was rough, most stations were okay, one station was fantastic. Spoke for about 20 seconds after time was up, so if they penalize me for that I'm done for. I expect waitlist, or dare I say even an acceptance? (They are heavy IS preference and I am OOS so I'm not holding my breath.) Result: Accepted

Interview #4: already accepted to 2 schools at this point. It was an MMI which I felt was my strong suit, so I went full-on with my gut instincts and was pretty relaxed. Still, I didn't feel I knocked it quite out of the park. I'm expecting waitlist or acceptance.

Interview #5: Another MMI. This was a very strange one though. One of the stations was really, really tough for me. I also embarrassed myself by trying to be funny at another station and it didn't pan out well at all. Womp womp. This was a state school and I feel like I do well in MMI situations overall, so I'm thinking probably I'll get an acceptance, despite my blunders.

Interview #6: good God I disliked this school's interview day. My feelings may have come out in my interview, I'm not sure. I didn't try as hard as I could have and I felt my interviewer was unimpressed. This was another one of my state schools. I assume the feeling will be mutual when I'm waitlisted or rejected.

Last edited:
Acceptance 1 = Felt like I did well, also first interview of the season.
Acceptance 2 = Felt like it went very well.
Acceptance 3 = Didn't care too much for the school, was very relaxed during the interview, went well.

Rejection 1 = The most awkward 1:1 interview I have ever had (the interview was all day and had many different interview activities)

WL 1 = Totally botched one question, like could not answer it and silence extended for a minute.
WL 2 = Only MMIs, and a majority of those who interview are placed on the WL until later in the app cycle. Mixed feeling.

I have one more interview to attend and just had another this past Monday. Will update with results in due time!

Acceptance 1: Two great interviews, very conversational and enjoyable, plus one mediocre one. Overall did not think I'd get in.

Acceptance 2: Two wonderful interviews, both very conversational, though I did cry a little during my faculty one.. still felt pretty confident I'd get in.

Acceptance 3: MMI, literally station after station of awkward horror. Very off day for me. The rest of my app definitely saved me there..

Deferred 1: Worst 1:1 interviews. Was my first interview day of the cycle and I was incredibly, incredibly nervous. I rambled half the time and sounded overly scripted the other half. Expecting rejection, ultimately.

As for the pending ones - I'm expecting 1 more acceptance, 1 rejection, and 1 that could easily go either way (maybe leaning toward acceptance, but that's me being hopeful). We'll have to see how those match up!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Acceptance 1: I killed it.
Acceptance 2: I felt it was ok, could go either way.
Acceptance 3: I killed the first 1 on 1 but the 2nd was drilling me on my grades for 45 mins :(
Acceptance 4: I bomb and felt like I stuttered and stumbled over myself. Learned to not be too comfortable.
Acceptance 5: Tooootaalllyyyy bombed the group project BS but killed the MMI. Best one yet.
Cancelled everything else at this point but wanted to do another MMI... that crap was kinda fun...like a game...

Accepted 1: killed MMI except for one section
Accepted 2: thought I did awful
Rejected: best interview I thought

Interview 1: had no sleep the night before, extremely nervous. felt it could have gone either way. At no point did I feel as though I didn't answer a question nicely, but also did not feel like I had any memorable moments. Accepted.
Interview 2: had an accident 1 day before interview and had no use of one arm which made things very difficult and I was very preoccupied by the pain. Felt the interview went okay overall, killed some MMI stations and failed at others. Accepted.
Interview 3: best interview yet. Had interviewers laughing, taking down notes for their kids, no low points. Waitlisted.
Interview 4: will update once I hear back.

My post interview feelings have been hit or miss.

1st Interview: Was Really Nervous. Didn't Say Anything Stupid but 1st interview jitters got the best of me => Waitlist
2nd Interview: Didn't Vibe with the school and it probably showed. Didn't prepare that well for it. Grilled by interviewer for my ECs (got called out for "checking the boxes". Was pretty convinced I was going to get rejected => Waitlist
3rd Interview: "WOW I killed that interview" => Waitlist
4th Interview: Didn't feel confident based on competition. This school had low acceptance rate. Had Average Interview => Accepted

Mine have been pretty off tbh. Also still waiting to hear back from #2 since they aren't rolling.

1st interview - I thought it went really really well. Good, relaxed conversations in all three interviews and I thought the fit seemed good. Result: deferred

3rd interview - This one was my first MMI. I thought I did decently well on all stations and that it would be enough considering it was my state school. Result: accepted

4th interview - Thought I completely bombed an MMI station and afterwards also started to question my other answers. Also felt like I didn't stand a chance against the other applicants given their impressive stories and UG institutions. Result: accepted

5th interview: One interview felt totally awkward, one interviwer rolled her eyes at me and said I was disgusting, and I completely blanked out and couldn't answer a question. So obviously I thought I tanked it. Result: accepted

6th interview - This one felt totally average to me. I stumbled on a question or two but overall it felt okay. In retrospect I'm not sure the fit was great though. Result: waitlisted

7th interview - This one was also lukewarm feeling. It was two interviews, one of which I thought went great as I clicked really well with my interviewer. On the other hand, the other felt awkward and I didn't feel I articulated myself well. Result - accepted

So from my experience, I always tell people that you can never know if/how much something you said or did in your interview will impact the decision. It's best not to fret over it if you can help it.

After being unsuccessful last year, I spent a lot of time practicing interviewing skills and remedying deficits on my app. Sat down with physicians, med students, interview coaches, advisers, you-name-it to identify my interview shortcomings for this cycle. Have received 2 II after being complete at most of my schools since mid/late July. Both of my II's have been at schools I have interviewed in the past.

Interview 1: Low post-II yield school. Student 1 on 1 started out rough for the first couple of minutes because of nerves but ended well so I figured it was just an average interview. Thought the faculty interview with a dean went really really well (somehow ended up talking about Game of Thrones and felt like we made a strong connection). Result: Waitlisted (alternate, but again, low post-II yield so essentially rejection)

Interview 2: MMI. Messed up one station and one other was so-so but they said they dropped the lowest and highest scores out of 9 stations. I thought the rest of my stations went well and there were some that I felt went flawlessly. Result: Hold (reviewed throughout cycle but have been down this road before...)

Applied super early in the cycle and received 2 interviews that I'm thankful for but still a ton of silence. Wanted to be accepted somewhere by now but here I am. Being a re-applicant who's re-interviewed at the same schools with the same results after spending over a year preparing has been soul crushing.

Acceptance 1: Thought I bombed.

Waitlist 1: Thought I aced it.