West Coast University DPT program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@SocalPT2015 Might I ask what your stats were? I'm still waiting on their decision for me. Anyone else get a decision already from WCU?
I was accepted, but chose to decline because I got into a school that would be closer and more convenient for me to attend. I really loved their program and enjoyed my experience there during the interview! Good Luck!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Can we see what the email said? And stats please.

Has anyone heard anything yet? I'm getting really anxious at this point...

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you accepted, when is your deposit deadline?

thanks soccerk33...maybe this means the rest of us will hear something soon!

Reactions: 1 user
well that is awkward, I did not receive that email about the announcement for acceptances/ rejections and I have deleted all of my junk/spam mail if it did go there. I had my interview Feb. 18th, suppose I should call or email Mary and ask?

well that is awkward, I did not receive that email about the announcement for acceptances/ rejections and I have deleted all of my junk/spam mail if it did go there. I had my interview Feb. 18th, suppose I should call or email Mary and ask?

I had my skype interview the same day and I never received that email either about when we would know. Let me know what she says if you call or email.

So I know the deadline for the first wave of acceptances passed on Monday. Has anyone heard from WCU since then about any offers? Sorry, the anxiety is killing me because I had my interview back in January and I've been waiting this long. I just want an answer already.... >_<

Members don't see this ad :)
nope nothing over here. I am thinking about emailing Mary

nope nothing over here. I am thinking about emailing Mary

If you do, please let us know what she says. I don't think I can wait two more weeks for an answer.... but I feel as though I have a rejection coming up. :(

@DjT3kN have you received any other offers from schools? Was your interview on campus or skype?

@Cpetrydpt I'm pretty much on several wait lists at this point... I haven't received a full acceptance yet. And I just want ONE to offer me admission. I'm really hoping WCU pulls through and gives me that chance. *sighs*

So I know the deadline for the first wave of acceptances passed on Monday. Has anyone heard from WCU since then about any offers? Sorry, the anxiety is killing me because I had my interview back in January and I've been waiting this long. I just want an answer already.... >_<
Mary was on vacation and she just got back into the office this morning. 2nd wave should come out shortly.

@DjT3kN I am in the same boat as you. A bunch of waitlists, still waiting on WCU and Northeastern (probably a rejection at this point). @Rdpt thank you for the update. Did they say via email or snail mail?

@DjT3kN I am in the same boat as you. A bunch of waitlists, still waiting on WCU and Northeastern (probably a rejection at this point). @Rdpt thank you for the update. Did they say via email or snail mail?

I'm in the same boat as @DjT3kN. I'm on the wait list at CSULB, and still no word from WCU.

My interview there was January 24th. I emailed Mary for an update last week. Even though I got her "out-of-office until March 11th" auto reply she still emailed me back right away saying they had no early update for me. Just restated that I'd hear something back by late March. I think all communications by email, no snail mail.

My interview was morning of the 24th. This current situation is making me not only confused but worried as well. With people getting offers on the same day as the notification email, it makes me think chances of acceptance are getting slimmer by the day and the later in March worse it'll be. Not sure what to think at this point.

@Cpetrydpt I'm pretty much on several wait lists at this point... I haven't received a full acceptance yet. And I just want ONE to offer me admission. I'm really hoping WCU pulls through and gives me that chance. *sighs*
Same here. Just want ONE acceptance. :arghh:!!

Any news yet? I had the 2/13 interview. Anyone during my weekend receive any information?!?!

I'm getting pretty nervous had my interview on the last week of February one wait list and a lot of rejections

I'm right there with you guys, I interviewed on 2/13 and have already heard back from a different school that I interviewed at a week later. I've been wait-listed at two schools already so I can't take waiting on WCU's decision much longer.

I don't know of you guys were told in your interview burin was told that anyone that applied that meet the requirements were given an interview she rounded that to over 400 students they have interviewed they were not expecting a large number of student to apply for 40 spots that is very scary

Woot! Just got my acceptance E-mail. FYI to others, my stats were as follows:

Per PTCAS:
Total GPA: 3.77
Science: 3.71
Self-reported PT prerequisite GPA: 3.70

Woot! Just got my acceptance E-mail. FYI to others, my stats were as follows:

Per PTCAS:
Total GPA: 3.77
Science: 3.71
Self-reported PT prerequisite GPA: 3.70
When was your interview?

Feb 25th. Skype Interview since I am out-of-state

Damn! I had my interview on the 23rd, their first weekend interview, and still nothing. Welp, I don't think I can count on WCU to give me an acceptance offer. :'( This doesn't bode well with me. *sighs*

Damn! I had my interview on the 23rd, their first weekend interview, and still nothing. Welp, I don't think I can count on WCU to give me an acceptance offer. :'( This doesn't bode well with me. *sighs*
What are your stats? Might be in same situation

Anyone from the Feb 27th interview receive anything?

What are your stats? Might be in same situation

I doubt it... my Prerequisite GPA: 3.74 but my cGPA: 3.04. I really feel that my cGPA is messing me up big time on alot of schools. I've only been able to get waitlisted on at least 5 schools. :(

Keep your hopes up. I was fearing the worse as WCU as my last option.

I doubt it... my Prerequisite GPA: 3.74 but my cGPA: 3.04. I really feel that my cGPA is messing me up big time on alot of schools. I've only been able to get waitlisted on at least 5 schools. :(
Hang in there this is my third year applying losing hope but am thinking about retaking courses looks like you did that how is your gre score?

Hang in there this is my third year applying losing hope but am thinking about retaking courses looks like you did that how is your gre score?

GRE isn't that great either... I think 147V and 151Q. Blah.

Anyone else receive anything as of this week about acceptances?

I interviewed 2/14 and am still waiting to hear back. I'm in the same boat as you @DjT3kN and am on 4 waitlists and 1 "low alternate" list. This waiting game is absolutely killer.

To be honest, the date your interview will not really matter on when your acceptance email would be sent. Since it's a rolling admissions, like some other schools applications are looked at on a first come first serve basis. Your interview will just be a score when they look at your app. Thus most schools that do a rolling admissions urge you to apply as soon as possible. So if you have a February inteveiw date I wouldn't hey worried because if your application was e-submitted early on the process that'll mean more.

When they said end of March.... I would have thought by now at least. Not the actual end of March.... wtf?!

If anyone calls Mary... let us know, please. Frankly, I'm afraid to call her and find out I'm rejected. >_<

I just received my acceptance but will be declining. Good luck - hope one of you guys gets my spot!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone. I have been reading this thread for a couple of weeks now and finally decided to register to comment. It was because of the original (complementing) post about the school and its contracts for accreditation and etc that I flew in (from out of state) to interview and I loved the program and the faculty and facilities! For those of you who interviewed earlier (jan/feb) , I think you haven't heard because the last interview was Friday March 6th!! I was a part of it and they had a morning and afternoon interview - I was the afternoon and there was probably about 20 of us there! They definitely had more applicants then they expected and I think we should all start hearing soon.

From the person who heard today- when was your interview and if you don't mind me asking, what was your pre req GPA and GRE and PT experience like?

Super nervous! Good luck everyone !!