West Virginia SOM (WVSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else have issues with the school listing their letters as not received after submitting the secondary? I guess I need to call them on Monday because I submitted two weeks ago and AACOMAS had all of my letters by July.

Past users have noted that WVSOM has a policy where they won't mark letters as received on their website site unless they are sending you interview invite.

So if you get a notification that you're letters have been uploaded, you'll be receiving an interview invite soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else have issues with the school listing their letters as not received after submitting the secondary? I guess I need to call them on Monday because I submitted two weeks ago and AACOMAS had all of my letters by July.

They won't list them until they extend an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how long it takes to get a secondary? Sent my primary to this school like 10 days ago.

Yes I did and the admissions counselor seemed puzzled about it. Said he was going to check into it and give me a call later today. Will let you guys know when he calls me back!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks for keeping us in the loop :). +1 on having the "Interview date:" thing on my application portal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using SDN mobile

So I called the office this morning and from what I understood from my conversation, I think it's a placeholder and if you get invited for an interview, the date would populate there, which made it sound like it wasn't indicative of an II :/
But I could definitely (and hopefully) be wrong!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an II! Don't know if I will attend though, will mull it over tonight and tomorrow morning. I was accepted to LECOM-SH and their tuition is quite low. I am OOS btw.

Reactions: 2 users
What's that now? Like 9 or 10 IIs lol. You're killing it lol

But I still need an acceptance first. IMHO you should go with LECOM-SH, good board scores, good match list (I heard), established school, low tuition. I'm a risk-averse gal if you can't tell already. I think we should keep the discussion on this thread about WVSOM though lol

Reactions: 1 users
Man I submitted mine like the first week of August. Up until now I just assumed silent rejection lol.

Nah man, this school doesn't do that. From what I've heard, this school definitely cares about their students, and does everything it can to help students with boards. You have a good problem with all of these II's and acceptance. Regardless, from reading your other posts, you seem like you'd be a great doctor.

Best of luck my friend.

:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Man I submitted mine like the first week of August. Up until now I just assumed silent rejection lol.

I submitted mine around the same time. WVSOM went silent on me for a long time. Then up until about a week ago they started asking me to submit one more supporting document (regarding my citizenship status, not LORs or anything) and then BAM! II. I think they work on apps in batches, so until they reach your batch of app, they don't really notify you of anything.

After submitting your secondary, the only things that should be marked on the status portal are the submission of the app and the disciplinary form, right?

Is that how you know you are complete?

After submitting your secondary, the only things that should be marked on the status portal are the submission of the app and the disciplinary form, right?

Is that how you know you are complete?

Yep, if the sent is marked complete, it means you either got or are about to get an II.

It looks like they uploaded my professors LORs but not my physicians. Is this still a sign of a potential II?

I submitted my application a week or so ago, all we had to do was submit the secondary and the disciplinary action form, correct?

Does anyone know the email address that we sent the letter of intent to?

Been complete a little more than a month. Anyone think it's a bad idea to give em a call to see where my application is at?

For those interviewed 10/6. Check your portal. The status's updated. Accepted!! and really grateful.

II today! Complete in mid September.

II today complete mid sept!!!

Just received an email that letters were added to my checklist! How soon after receiving this did others receive an II? Really excited by the potential for an II here. :)

About a week, good luck!

My status changed on 10/19!!!! Accept applicant!! :soexcited: Love this school, can't wait!!

Reactions: 3 users
This school was awesome on interview day, would be so happy with an acceptance here!

Hmm. My app was complete on 9/18. This isn't the kind of school to do the whole silent rejection thing. Should I call them about a status update on my app or would that seem too pushy?

Hmm. My app was complete on 9/18. This isn't the kind of school to do the whole silent rejection thing. Should I call them about a status update on my app or would that seem too pushy?

I'd give them a call! I personally have called a few times over the past several weeks so I think once after 5 weeks is more than okay.

Submitted my primary a while ago -_- still no secondary... I called and they said they send them in batches so hopefully it'll be soon! But still.. I wanna get it in! Haha.

Submitted my primary a while ago -_- still no secondary... I called and they said they send them in batches so hopefully it'll be soon! But still.. I wanna get it in! Haha.

Submitted my primary to them three weeks ago and still haven't received a secondary either. I called admissions last week, and they said that they're changing their applications system since it's really outdated.

It's still really frustrating and kind of bad on their end, especially since I sent primaries out to a few other schools on Friday and received secondaries from three of them just after the weekend.

Anyone interview here and Touro NV? If so please PM me.

Does anyone know if the school puts its match lists online anywhere? I found their comlex board pass rates but that's about it.