West Virginia SOM (WVSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Secondary submitted

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Lucky. I got a ticket for going 55 in a 45... It's ridiculous they that is considered a misdemeanor in my state.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Your state is very strict. Mine freeway speed limit is 65, people still get away with 75mph. I was going downward for 80 and get a ticket for infraction.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your state is very strict. Mine freeway speed limit is 65, people still get away with 75mph. I was going downward for 80 and get a ticket for infraction.

If the worst thing on my record is a speeding ticket, I think I will be fine lol

Do we have to list running a stop sign violation in the secondary?... Also does anyone know the number for the admissions office to ask?

Angie also said that speeding ticket will not be a hindered to your ability to obtain license...

Angie also said that speeding ticket will not be a hindered to your ability to obtain license...

I think they only do the background check to discover if you have any violent of drug related crimes like assault or a DUI.

I think they only do the background check to discover if you have any violent of drug related crimes like assault or a DUI.

Yeah, or sexual harassment and similar stories. My background is totally clean beside that speeding ticket...

Yeah, or sexual harassment and similar stories. My background is totally clean beside that speeding ticket...

Either way I'm kinda confused as to why I haven't gotten my WVSOM secondary yet. I'm not complaining though, I'm backed up by 3 right now LUCOM, VCUSOM, and Wake Forest

If you are invited for an interview, you will be prompted to pay the fee at that time.

I actually meant to ask another question which was sort of confusing. So they say if you send your letters through AACOMAS or Interfolio, they won't be noted on the checklist even if they receive them, UNTIL they offer you an interview? Am I reading that right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually meant to ask another question which was sort of confusing. So they say if you send your letters through AACOMAS or Interfolio, they won't be noted on the checklist even if they receive them, UNTIL they offer you an interview? Am I reading that right?

That is correct. Your checklist will likely be updated if you are pending an interview. There have been instances where letter were updated in the checklist but no Ii but usually thats what that means.

Can someone post the questions? I haven't had the chance to open it yet

Secondary finally submitted! Hoping for love from this school as an OOS student, it seems great!

Reactions: 2 users
Secondary finally submitted! Hoping for love from this school as an OOS student, it seems great!
Do you know how to open the secondary application? I'm on the website, on the "My Checklist" webpage but I can't open it.

Do you know how to open the secondary application? I'm on the website, on the "My Checklist" webpage but I can't open it.
I had to click on the "check application status" button to reach the secondary questions. You may have to use a different browser, I tried using Safari but I couldn't even log in. I ultimately ended using chrome and everything went smoothly.

Did everyone put a picture of themselves? NYIT asks for a picture but WVSOM says "you may". Do you think it will matter much? The cynic in me thinks that I should not submit a picture because someone may judge my appearance. I would rather they see me first when/if I am interviewed.

Got an email saying they updated my letters.

Right now I'm at "Decision Pending" on the portal.

Does anyone know if they have a science GPA cut off?

Decision deferred post-secondary. Man, that hurt. This was one of my top choices!

It doesn't mean you're rejected! It just means they're on the fence about you. You may get an interview invite later.

It could also mean some letters aren't in. Someone mentioned their status was deferred until their letters were updated.

Decision deferred post-secondary. Man, that hurt. This was one of my top choices!
Decision deferred is a pretty crappy feeling. I got that from WVSOM last year and from my understanding it's basically a rejection. It's a step lower than the wait list.

Nope that's why I'm lurking on here again. I applied with better stats etc...soooo hoping to hear something.
SO sorry to hear that! I am praying that I get into one of the schools I have an interview at. I can't imagine having to shell out so much $$$ two cycles in a row. Have you interviewed at any schools in either cycle so far? Either way, I can send some extra knee-mail for you if you'd like!

just to make sure, before submitting your secondary was your status "decision deferred" and then eventually it became "Decision Pending" when complete?

I didn't pay attention to this unfortunately...sorry

SO sorry to hear that! I am praying that I get into one of the schools I have an interview at. I can't imagine having to shell out so much $$$ two cycles in a row. Have you interviewed at any schools in either cycle so far? Either way, I can send some extra knee-mail for you if you'd like!
I didn't get an interview anywhere last year but right now I have an interview at BCOM! So it's a start! It's early so we'll see what happens. But thanks!

Wait, is it supposed to go from "decision pending" to something else?

Wait, is it supposed to go from "decision pending" to something else?

I think it ends up being decision pending. Someone else said though that it changed from deferred to pending though for them. I didn't see what it was immediately after I sent it in so I can't confirm this.

Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes to get any letters received in the checklist after "supplemental complete" is checked?

Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes to get any letters received in the checklist after "supplemental complete" is checked?
They don't mark it as received until you receive an II. No idea why

They don't mark it as received until you receive an II. No idea why
Yeah on the website, it says they'll check it off if you mail the letters, any other method will be checked when you get an II

Yeah on the website, it says they'll check it off if you mail the letters, any other method will be checked when you get an II
Oh ok, so the only thing that will show between now and II is supplemental complete. Thanks friends!

So today they emailed me saying my portal was updated and all my letters were checked. I sent them through AACOMAS, would this potentially mean they are going to give me an interview and just haven't emailed me yet?

II
Not sure which date yet

Reactions: 1 users