West Virginia (WVSOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Decision Deferred

"Decision Deferred" status indicates a hold status while your application is being reviewed and until a final decision is made, i.e. our office may wish to wait for fall grades or require updated MCAT scores before making a final decision. For more information please see link to General FAQ page below.

DAMN

Members don't see this ad.

In Process - Decision Pending

!!!!

I just got an email as well. It was working and say's Decision Pending. However, my Applicant Checklist came up as a white page with the words "Failure to.....". Called the school and a nice lady told me that last year the pin number was 6 characters long and this year the applicants receive 8 characters long. So the IT guy will handle it.

Another thing, the admissions lady said that they just received the application and will take about another week before secondaries are sent out. Hopefully !:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
no email for me yet but mine was released on the 5th

Admissions lady told me that they just received the first batch and they will be getting another batch soon. If you wanna know, mine was release 6/24. So I guess yours is in the next one. ;)

Decision Deferred

"Decision Deferred" status indicates a hold status while your application is being reviewed and until a final decision is made, i.e. our office may wish to wait for fall grades or require updated MCAT scores before making a final decision. For more information please see link to General FAQ page below.

DAMN

are you scheduled to retake the MCAT or something?

are you scheduled to retake the MCAT or something?

Nope just didn't get my MCAT score in on time. AACOMAS revised my MCAT and GPA so hopefully it will change. I sent them an email and the women said they would review my MCAT and get back to me next week. She also said she is sorry for taking so long but they got 400 applicants in the first batch :(

Admissions lady told me that they just received the first batch and they will be getting another batch soon. If you wanna know, mine was release 6/24. So I guess yours is in the next one. ;)

thanks!

Yea 400 applications with the first batch..

Thats a lot of reading for a school that screen :eek:

I just got an email as well. It was working and say's Decision Pending. However, my Applicant Checklist came up as a white page with the words "Failure to.....". Called the school and a nice lady told me that last year the pin number was 6 characters long and this year the applicants receive 8 characters long. So the IT guy will handle it.

Another thing, the admissions lady said that they just received the application and will take about another week before secondaries are sent out. Hopefully !:xf:

I got the email as well. "Decision pending." Released 06/24. So the lady told you that the will have interview decisions in a week!?! That is much earlier than last cycle. I looked at the old threads and it looks like the earliest secondary invites went out in Aug. I will be checking my email regularly! Here is Hoping for some good news!

I feel like a bunch of secondary invites are about to pop up towards the end of July. I'm gonna be keeping an eye out for this school. Wish I had somewhat decent stats to apply this cycle. Good luck to all applicants.

I got the email as well. "Decision pending." Released 06/24. So the lady told you that the will have interview decisions in a week!?! That is much earlier than last cycle. I looked at the old threads and it looks like the earliest secondary invites went out in Aug. I will be checking my email regularly! Here is Hoping for some good news!

NOT interview decisions. Just deciding on secondaries... If you think about it and give it another week, then it will be about the 3rd or 4th week of July when they reach a decision. And when they are emailed out than it will be august. So like the old thread said " earliest secondary invites in august":xf:

NOT interview decisions. Just deciding on secondaries... If you think about it and give it another week, then it will be about the 3rd or 4th week of July when they reach a decision. And when they are emailed out than it will be august. So like the old thread said " earliest secondary invites in august":xf:

Good point just getting ahead of myself a bit. I really want the interview here. :xf:

Good point just getting ahead of myself a bit. I really want the interview here. :xf:

not sure if this has already been said here, but Im pretty sure a secondary invite=and interview invite. Did you get their colorful email sent out yesterday? Or two days ago, I forget now...heres what they say:

Only those applicants who are selected for an interview will submit a supplemental application and fee! The required forms will be available on your status page after an interview invitation is sent to you by e-mail.

good luck all

Members don't see this ad :)
not sure if this has already been said here, but Im pretty sure a secondary invite=and interview invite. Did you get their colorful email sent out yesterday? Or two days ago, I forget now...heres what they say:

Only those applicants who are selected for an interview will submit a supplemental application and fee! The required forms will be available on your status page after an interview invitation is sent to you by e-mail.

good luck all

This is true. Consider yourselves lucky like it's a courtesy: you have to invest time and money in the secondary with a BANK interview. So apply here! Good luck!!!

Im having problems so far with this -_-. Supposedly they dont have my new mcat score on file when they should so I was deferred...hopefully this gets fixed soon...

Im having problems so far with this -_-. Supposedly they dont have my new mcat score on file when they should so I was deferred...hopefully this gets fixed soon...

When did AACOMAS get your new one?

changed to In Process - Decision Pending- and the women was even nice enough to email me and say they changed it from deferred because they had received my revised app..

Come on lady luck :cool:

Is everyone who is posting their status update getting e-mails to get their ID and pin?

When people go to your application checklist what does your "application preferences" say?

When people go to your application checklist what does your "application preferences" say?

Mine says "1". I think it means which campus we requested to be preferred on, but I could be wrong.

Well, unless you guys know something I don't, there's only one campus anyway?... (but I don't know what that means either, sorry.)

Maybe I am going to the super secret special new campus

Well, unless you guys know something I don't, there's only one campus anyway?... (but I don't know what that means either, sorry.)

Haha I meant like either the Virginia campus or the Carolinas campus.

I think you're thinking about Edward Via in Virginia who has a site in the Carloinas. West Virginia has only one campus.

LOL! Oops! I completely forgot this was the West Virginia thread. Sorry. All this MCAT studying must be getting to me haha :smack:

Well I got the log in a week ago and still says decision pending...ugh I hate the stress. This is the second time I have applied (last year I only applied to VCOM and in January) so I am looking at this as my first real attempt. I really like the school and my LOR is from a recent grad...just hope they read it. LOL

ahhhh

So, people are already getting secondary invites here? I don't think I've had anything yet...

So, people are already getting secondary invites here? I don't think I've had anything yet...

The first wave of secondary invites is supposedly coming out at the end of this week. So no, no one has received a secondary yet. The reason it takes longer is because a secondary invite = interview invite, so they're screening our primaries hardcore.

The first wave of secondary invites is supposedly coming out at the end of this week. So no, no one has received a secondary yet. The reason it takes longer is because a secondary invite = interview invite, so they're screening our primaries hardcore.

Where did you hear that getting a secondary equals an interview? That's cool

I still don't have any log in info..... I was released on 6/24 .....

I guess decisions are coming out because I just got one that says I am on hold (decision deferred). Great...

I guess decisions are coming out because I just got one that says I am on hold (decision deferred). Great...

hold for what I wonder? isnt that only for when you dont have a mcat score in or something?

My status just changed to "Decision Pending" from "In Process - Decision Pending"

A sign of good things to come?:xf:

You and me both Gsun88. Got the same e-mail. Guess they're waiting on my MCAT in August or something.

I still don't have any log in info..... I was released on 6/24 .....

Anybody else in this boat? I haven't received anything from them either and I was released on 6/24 too.

Went from decision pending to deferred today. All my stuff is complete and the message says they are still evaluating my app! :confused:

Did you guys get an email for the secondary or is this one you can just find on their website and send it in? I haven't heard anything yet and I was released on 6/24

Did you guys get an email for the secondary or is this one you can just find on their website and send it in? I haven't heard anything yet and I was released on 6/24

Haven't heard of a secondary being sent yet, at WVSOM secondary invite= interview invite