West Virginia (WVSOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haven't heard of a secondary being sent yet, at WVSOM secondary invite= interview invite

So what's all this log on stuff everyone's talking about then? Does it mean that they send you an email so you can check the status of your primary being screened?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your application was placed on hold (="decision deferred") after an initial review. Please note that your file will be reviewed again at a later date. This is an ongoing process and it is undetermined when a revised decision will be made. Any future status updates will be communicated to you via e-mail.

Damn it WVSOM

damn guys, im getting nervous now...

i got the same email...do they actually review your file again, or is there no hope?

damn guys, im getting nervous now...

Your application was placed on hold (="decision deferred") after an initial review. Please note that your file will be reviewed again at a later date. This is an ongoing process and it is undetermined when a revised decision will be made. Any future status updates will be communicated to you via e-mail.

Damn it WVSOM

Just got the "decision deferred" e-mail.

i got the same email...do they actually review your file again, or is there no hope?

Is this typical for everyone because it is still early?
or
Is it a GPA/MCAT thing?

Is this typical for everyone because it is still early?
or
Is it a GPA/MCAT thing?

I'm definitely hoping this is for everyone or maybe they don't have my new mcat score.
I just got the "decision deferred" email as well.
My retake stats are 3.7/3.6/35. Previous mcat was a 26

I'm not sure, but I don't have any updates on my MCAT or GPA, so my application should be on hold for any reason. I still got the decision deferred e-mail though.

sorry, i meant to say, my application shouldn't be on hold for any reason*

Yep, im in the same "decision deferred" boat as everyone else. I guess this is another way to filter.

I'm definitely hoping this is for everyone or maybe they don't have my new mcat score.
I just got the "decision deferred" email as well.
My retake stats are 3.7/3.6/35. Previous mcat was a 26

wow with those stats im surprised you were deffered. mine still says the same thing but i guess well see what happens...

Members don't see this ad :)
i literally checked my email and the login thing like 50 times in the past 30 minutes -.-

I got the same e-mail but I still don't even have a login to go to the online site..... I think they forgot to send it to me or something, I dunno. Weird.

I got the same e-mail but I still don't even have a login to go to the online site..... I think they forgot to send it to me or something, I dunno. Weird.
Same thing and same e-mail received today. Does everyone think that they put everyone on this list?

I have a feeling that they are not putting everyone on the "deferred" list. IMO it wouldn't make sense if they were putting everyone on it to review again at a later date. If that were the case why bother telling everyone they are deferred?

when did everyone who was deferred receive their initial email (with login/status check info) from WVUSOM? I received mine on 7/13, so about a week ago. I suppose though, they haven't really looked at my application yet...

when did everyone who was deferred receive their initial email (with login/status check info) from WVUSOM? I received mine on 7/13, so about a week ago. I suppose though, they haven't really looked at my application yet...
I never got a login e-mail from them. I felt like I had good status for this school. 3.83 GPA 26 MCAT and strong underserved volunteer work.

Just got a deferred email from them. First time I've received anything from WVSOM. Oh well...

Hmm, seems like we all got that deferred e-mail. Did ANYONE hear good news??? Weird...

WVSOM is a state school any WV residents here get deferred?

Just got a deferred email from them. First time I've received anything from WVSOM. Oh well...

me too :( ...but I'm glad I'm not the only one! Sounds like the majority of people were deferred (maybe a state residency thing?). Hopefully they'll review our applications again soon!

Haven't gotten an email yet.... Mine still says decision pending

Same here.

Ok something is up here. People with high stats are getting deferred too? That's a little nuts. Maybe its cause they aren't giving out interviews yet and we are just really really early.

Due to a hiccup with my transcript on my primary, none of my stuff went in until late August, so I can't offer any personal input here. However, looking at last year's thread, the pattern seems to be the same. Most people were deferred in July, and then started receiving secondaries/interview invites in August.

So do not panic! There is hope. ^_^

Ok something is up here. People with high stats are getting deferred too? That's a little nuts. Maybe its cause they aren't giving out interviews yet and we are just really really early.
You are right. They only offer a limited amount of interviews, thus they are waiting to get a greater n to see what the applicant pool looks like. We are super early :)

You are right. They only offer a limited amount of interviews, thus they are waiting to get a greater n to see what the applicant pool looks like. We are super early :)

Sometimes its hard to remember that SDN is comprised of narcotic pre-meds who think applying in August is late hahaha. Just got to keep that mindset in check

How long after application was released before you guys got emails? number one choice. Nervous!!

Roughly 2 weeks. I was in the middle of the July 4th week though so. Good luck!
thank you so much! keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck to you to! silly how they place people as decision deffered already, but last year they switched many back to pending or interviews in august i think.

So good to hear I'm not the only one getting deferred. I was surprised it came so early, thought my stats were ok 3.36s 3.57c 29. It makes sense though to put us on hold while more applications come in. I would be more nervous if they were starting invites and I was still on hold

Sometimes its hard to remember that SDN is comprised of narcotic pre-meds who think applying in August is late hahaha. Just got to keep that mindset in check

Oh, gee, I hope not.

Anyway, I included WVSOM on my AACOMAS app... still waiting to be verified.

that does make sense to hold earlier applications to get an idea of the applicant pool, but then why go through the trouble of sending e-mails and changing statuses to "decision-deferred" why not keep it as "decision-pending" ?

did anyone just get an e-mail from wvsom about an interest survey? it looks very similar to a supplemental, but im not sure, anyone else receive it?

did anyone just get an e-mail from wvsom about an interest survey? it looks very similar to a supplemental, but im not sure, anyone else receive it?

I did receive it as well. It definitely looks like a secondary...

My guess is that since you don't get a secondary until you're already selected for an interview this serves as an additional data-mining device as to further separate candidates for prospective interviews (and thus, secondaries).

I also received the interest survey this morning and my status is "In Process-Decision Pending" and has been for roughly 2 weeks

Looks like a secondary but I doubt it is. It is weird they would have you put your ID number and etc though.

What I think is funny is that the email says that I recently received an email with a user ID and pin but...this is the first email I've gotten from them. Ever. Lol