West Virginia (WVSOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wanted to say thanks guys for the collaboration over the past couple of months. Got a call from Patricia Perkins recently about a non-rollover position for this year, so they appear to be keenly looking through files still but keeping a bit quiet on the number of movement. Was just wondering if there is anyone else who just recently got accepted who needs a male roommate for housing, coming from virginia here. Thanks and good luck to everyone else with the list; they say it's slow yet it'll come surely

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just wanted to say thanks guys for the collaboration over the past couple of months. Got a call from Patricia Perkins recently about a non-rollover position for this year, so they appear to be keenly looking through files still but keeping a bit quiet on the number of movement. Was just wondering if there is anyone else who just recently got accepted who needs a male roommate for housing, coming from virginia here. Thanks and good luck to everyone else with the list; they say it's slow yet it'll come surely
Congrats!

Just curious, what are your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!:thumbup: Was pulling for you...

Just called Patricia Perkins to say I've decided to defer my admissions until next year. Hopefully this opens up a spot for non-rollover for one of you guys.

On another note, she said in her email that "she has a meeting with the (new) dean this afternoon for final decisions." so hopefully that'll mean they finally have made the decision on the rollover policy.

Thanks again guys, hope to see some of you guys next year in the class of 2019 and good luck on your endeavors!

Just called Patricia Perkins to say I've decided to defer my admissions until next year. Hopefully this opens up a spot for non-rollover for one of you guys.

On another note, she said in her email that "she has a meeting with the (new) dean this afternoon for final decisions." so hopefully that'll mean they finally have made the decision on the rollover policy.

Thanks again guys, hope to see some of you guys next year in the class of 2019 and good luck on your endeavors!
That was probably a good decision because of how close it is to the start of the year. It would make the beginning of a tough curriculum even tougher to start this year knowing this late.

And just called, I was told that they will most likely let us know by Monday...

Congrats Struvite! So you deferred your admission for this August and instead will be a rollover for next August class? I'm a little confused.

And do you guys think that they are leaning towards rollovers? because there is obviously still some movement going on. And this decision has been taking a while, hopefully that's in our favor

I withdrew my acceptance today. Good luck to the rest of you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats Struvite! So you deferred your admission for this August and instead will be a rollover for next August class? I'm a little confused.

And do you guys think that they are leaning towards rollovers? because there is obviously still some movement going on. And this decision has been taking a while, hopefully that's in our favor
When I talked to them, they weren't sounding to optimistic about it but they also stated that, in the end, it's up to the dean. So we'll see

By the way, while talking to Patricia Perkins about rollovers, she mentioned that the new dean is changing how rollovers are being done; He says he will look over each file individually as opposed to in bulk as they have apparently they have done in the past.

Not sure exactly how this will affect the outcome of roll-overs compared to previous years

Last edited:
That's good news that they are doing rollovers at least. It looked like they were potentially not going to go through with it. Has anyone called today to confirm this?

That's good news that they are doing rollovers at least. It looked like they were potentially not going to go through with it. Has anyone called today to confirm this?
I don't think that means that they are doing rollovers. This just means they are approaching it differently. I called and was told, again, that we'll possibly find out tomorrow...

Hi Just got accepted 10 mins ago. Is anyone still looking for housing?! Orientation begins tomorrow

Hi everyone, I made the difficult decision to decline my acceptance and I hope that this gives others an opportunity this year. Thank you for all of the collaboration and I wish you all the best of luck!

Is anyone else not able to log in to their account to check status? It suddenly says my "credentials are not authentic" which is really worrying me in terms of possibility of rollover

Is anyone else not able to log in to their account to check status? It suddenly says my "credentials are not authentic" which is really worrying me in terms of possibility of rollover
Yeah, i assumed it was their way of saying polite pass on my application. Best of luck.

They sent out a bunch of letters to people friday for deferred admission they just have to change those of us who got in over to the new years application cycle

Hi all-- Seems as though there is some uncertainty about the possibility of rollover admission. I just got my acceptance letter today for rollover admission. I interviewed at the end of March and was put on the alternate list. If you get accepted for rollover, they'll send you several emails saying that your letters, evals, interview (things on your checklist) were updated. That's because they create a new application profile for the next academic year. I really hope this helps y'all. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all-- Seems as though there is some uncertainty about the possibility of rollover admission. I just got my acceptance letter today for rollover admission. I interviewed at the end of March and was put on the alternate list. If you get accepted for rollover, they'll send you several emails saying that your letters, evals, interview (things on your checklist) were updated. That's because they create a new application profile for the next academic year. I really hope this helps y'all. Best of luck!

Congratulations! I also got admitted on rollover and got the letter yesterday! PM me future classmate!

It's good to finally know that they did rollovers and start getting things ready now for next year. For anyone who knows they will attend next year, I am going to try and get a Facebook group put together as it seemed to be helpful for my friends from this years class. look it up and message me its WVSOM Class of 2019

Last edited:
Hey guys - congrats to all of you beginning your education at WVSOM this fall! I'll be interviewing in lewisburg on September 12th and I was hoping to check out some housing options in the area while I'm in town. Does anybody have any suggestions on affordable 1 or 2 bedroom spots? Thanks!

Hey guys - congrats to all of you beginning your education at WVSOM this fall! I'll be interviewing in lewisburg on September 12th and I was hoping to check out some housing options in the area while I'm in town. Does anybody have any suggestions on affordable 1 or 2 bedroom spots? Thanks!

The typical place for students to live is Woodland Acres, they have one and two bedroom apartments and are very close to the school. Monroe cottages are on Monroe St and are relatively new and pretty nice. They are probably the safest bets, but there are better options. You can get something nice for cheap the next town over, or plenty of people rent out houses close to the school.

Hey guys. I was accepted as a rollover candidate as well for the class of 2019. Congrats to everyone else as well. What is the name of the Facebook group?

Hey guys. I was accepted as a rollover candidate as well for the class of 2019. Congrats to everyone else as well. What is the name of the Facebook group?

Congratulations! I was accepted as a rollover student as well! PM me!

Hey guys so I set up a facebook group if you look it up its WVSOM Class of 2019 and message me there I can get you added

Hey guys so I set up a facebook group if you look it up its WVSOM Class of 2019 and message me there I can get you added
Can you provide the link to the facebook page? I couldn't find it on facebook

Hello, everyone. I'm Logistics, and my wife is a 4th year at WVSOM. We've lived all four years in Lewisburg, and we have three children, now ages 7, 9, and 11. If anyone has any questions about the school or area, feel free to ask in this thread, or send me a PM.

How are you? I am excited to have been accepted to WVSOM. Please let me know if it is possible to do the 4th year somewhere in/near my homestate Connecticut?