West Virginia (WVSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To anyone who has interviewed at WVSOM, any recommendations on nearby hotels?

Members don't see this ad.

To anyone who has interviewed at WVSOM, any recommendations on nearby hotels?
I stayed at Super 8. It has pretty low price compare to other hotels and its <1 mile away from WVSOM. I think they have 10% discounts for WVSOM interviewees.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary and disciplinary form... Was there anything else needed to be reviewed? My app has said in process decision pending for awhile. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything :)

I submitted my secondary and disciplinary form... Was there anything else needed to be reviewed? My app has said in process decision pending for awhile. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything :)
You send them your letters of Rec?

I am waiting for my DO letter.....Should be in the next week. What do you guys think of my chances, I know I am applying late.

GPA 3.71
sGPA3.5
MCAT 24 ( 8/8/8)

EC
Served a two you volunteer mission for my church
Worked as an EMT in an emergency department full time since last August.
Done research and our research was published. (Organic Chem)
Started a Pre med club and ran a blood drive at my school.
Random volunteering with my church.
Volunteered at Cancer society
Over thirty hours shadowing.
Some other random things.

Let me know, I know I have some weak points , MCAT, but was working full time and summer school and a new baby. Was a crazy time. Thanks for the heads head.

I uploaded them. They were on AACOMAS. I thought that they just pulled them from there
I would call them and ask if they have them. Good way to let them know your interest and know whats going down.

Accepted a while back but just gave up my seat. Good luck to everyone and congrats to the acceptances!

To any current students of WVSOM, do they offer dual degree where you could earn an MBA/MPH in addition to a DO degree? Didn't see anything on the website so I assuming no, but just wanted to make sure. lol.

My letters just uploaded and status went to Inprocess - Decision pending. Is this good news? =D

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes sir. A II is coming your way. Now, go kill it.

Mine says the same thing. I don't remember if it said something different before.

What was the previous message?
And does anyone know how long it takes to get an interview invite and how they'll be letting me know?

And it has said that for like a month

Mine says the same thing. I don't remember if it said something different before.

What was the previous message?
And does anyone know how long it takes to get an interview invite and how they'll be letting me know?
Mine has said in process decision pending for a month as well. How do II work?

Deferred post interview! Anyone have idea how many people are typically accepted after a post interview deferral?

Deferred post interview! Anyone have idea how many people are typically accepted after a post interview deferral?
That depends on how many people give up seats.

Does anyone know what "application preference" means in the portal screen before the checklist?

Accepted!! Interviewed Dec. 5

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know what "application preference" means in the portal screen before the checklist?

Haven't heard that one yet, but seems promising to me! Early Christmas present? :)

Does anyone else have an interview at WVSOM this cycle? I'm looking to collaborate on some things since I'm coming from Oregon.

This process can certainly do me some favor haha, applying with 3.5s/26, Oregon resident, good luck to everyone else!

Hello fellow Oregonian! =D
3.4s/27 and am ecstatic about being invited for an interview this cycle.

Too late to apply to this school? I have decent stats (good GPA low-ish MCAT) with one ii at another DO school. Thanks.

Last edited:
Too late to apply to this school? I have decent stats (good GPA low-ish MCAT) with one ii at another DO school. Thanks.

I wouldn't say too late, but I will say very late to be applying this cycle. I would recommend waiting til next cycle.

If you have the means, you might as well apply. It can't hurt. If you don't mind, how low is low for the MCAT? That could honestly determine whether or not I'd apply this year. If it's lower than a 25, I'd recommend a retake and applying next year.

Reactions: 1 users
My status says "Decision Deferred" No ii. Ok gpa, 25 MCAT, Retaking MCAT in January. Are they not interviewing me because I have a pending MCAT score to receive? I was hoping they would still with my current MCAT score. Or does this have nothing to do with my MCAT and I should just forget about this school? sigh :/

My status says "Decision Deferred" No ii. Ok gpa, 25 MCAT, Retaking MCAT in January. Are they not interviewing me because I have a pending MCAT score to receive? I was hoping they would still with my current MCAT score. Or does this have nothing to do with my MCAT and I should just forget about this school? sigh :/
I'd email or call and ask. Either they are waiting for the score or you're waitlisted. Best to ask instead of getting random opinions from people here haha

Give admissions a call. Kim is super nice and will answer all of your questions!

I really liked this school during my interview and loved all the facilities, but the oos tuition is very steep. Does anyone know what is included in the tuition? I know we get a laptop, but is there a tablet during the 3rd year?

Also does anyone know how the testing is done here? Is it an integrated exam or does each class have one?

Hey everyone,

I just gave up my interview spot on Jan. 12 due to another acceptance, hope it is given to someone qualified. It looks like an amazing school with a great reputation!

Reactions: 2 users
letters were just uploaded today :D

When were you complete? Sorry, I'm just panicking lol

we all understand the stress of this whole application process, so it's all good haha.

I was complete 9/2, but I was told early Nov that they had an administrative error or something idk... They apologized and fixed it though! Then I called earlier this month and was told I was placed on hold (although this wasn't reflected in my portal). Was pleasantly surprised to receive an email that my letters were uploaded :) now just waiting for the official ii email.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays! :)

One of my letters was uploaded but it was sent through the US mail. Should I get excited or am I getting my hopes up?

Last edited:
we all understand the stress of this whole application process, so it's all good haha.

I was complete 9/2, but I was told early Nov that they had an administrative error or something idk... They apologized and fixed it though! Then I called earlier this month and was told I was placed on hold (although this wasn't reflected in my portal). Was pleasantly surprised to receive an email that my letters were uploaded :) now just waiting for the official ii email.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays! :)

My letters were uploaded about a week ago and haven't received an ii yet. Still at Decision Pending. Maybe they are holding off until end of holiday season to do this? Let us know if you get an ii! Hopefully letters uploaded is still a good sign :)

Hey guys. For those that have already been accepted, approx. how long did it take to hear back after you interview? Thank you

Hey ya'll!
I'm about three weeks out from my interview and haven't received any details on arrival time and location or about the med stay program. How far in advance do they send out this information?

thank you greatly!

ACCEPTED! i hope to see you guys in the fall :D

Reactions: 3 users
I'm interviewing on January 7th (will be in Lewisburg from the 5th-8th) and was wondering so if there's anyone else who is interviewing that day who has time to kill and would want to grab lunch or something before that interview day; if so, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Shucks, I would but I'll be there January 13th through the 18th. Good luck though! =D

Hey ya'll!
I'm about three weeks out from my interview and haven't received any details on arrival time and location or about the med stay program. How far in advance do they send out this information?

thank you greatly!

I received the details just hours after scheduling my interview which was about a month prior. I'd maybe email and ask. =)

Are there any current students on here that would be able to answer some questions for an accepted student?