West Virginia (WVSOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
where did you get that ^

Members don't see this ad.

I just surfed through last year's thread and it seemed as if most people did get secondaries.

Members don't see this ad :)
The silence is almost as bad as my first break up.

Reactions: 6 users
Happy to see I'm not the only one still waiting! They are the last school I am waiting for!

Same here no secondary yet. Hope I receive one from here!

No secondary yet. Apparently secondaries are handled post-interview or post-acceptance here (too lazy to look back)
wait what? Sooo they just email us whether they want to interview us or not? THEN post interview they send us a secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
so that's definitely not true lol that's so bizarre if they would do that...

Guys lets put this silly conversation to rest....people DO get invited for secondaries before interviews. However, you only have to pay the fee if you get an interview invite. (Source: last year's School-Specific WVSOM discussion)

Reactions: 1 user
Does this school still exist lol?
This is the only school that I haven't heard a single peep from that I applied to. Last year people started getting secondaries in mid-July.

Reactions: 1 users
i'm not complaining, gives me some time to get stuff done haha

i'm not complaining, gives me some time to get stuff done haha

I guess I can't complain too much either. I have felt like superwoman this week. First time with more than a week off from school/applications in 7+ years. Still, it just makes me queasy because this is the closest school to an in-state school for me! I just need a lil' love.

what are the prompts for the secondary by chance?

Just got the secondary!

There are seven, short 500 character essays:

1. Why do you want to be an osteopathic physician?
2. What advantage do you see in attending WVSOM over other medical schools?
3. Describe an ethically challenging situation you have been in, and how you responded.
4. What do you feel it will take for you to succeed in medical school?
5. How many hours per week are you willing to commit to studying in addition to the 25 hours of
weekly scheduled class time? Optional brief comments about your study habits:
6. Describe a situation in work, volunteer activities, or organizations where you demonstrated your ability to
work well with others.
7. What experiences (living, working or visiting) have you had in rural areas?

Reactions: 4 users
this 500 character thing is proving to be a challenge o_O

meh I want a secondary!!! When were you guys verified?

The prompts are 500 *CHARACTERS* or less. This secondary is very doable and can be completed quickly :)

For everyone that's received a secondary, when were you all verified?

I was verified in May. Does anyone know if they pre-screen. Just got the secondary!

What did you guys put for "Current Employment" if you're an unemployed student?

yay secondary here as well.

Last edited:
Have you been convicted of an infraction of local laws or city ordinances, summary offenses, misdemeanors, or felonies that are not listed on your AACOM application?
Does a camera enforced speeding ticket count?? Its equal to parking tickets in my state

Have you been convicted of an infraction of local laws or city ordinances, summary offenses, misdemeanors, or felonies that are not listed on your AACOM application?
Does a camera enforced speeding ticket count?? Its equal to parking tickets in my state
Good question...honestly I checked no and I've had a few traffic violations. My assumption was if they wanted traffic violations they would say "traffic violations." If needed I'll address it in the future; I couldn't imagine a rescinded acceptance due to traffic violations not reported.

I said yes to that question due to a speeding ticket. It is considered an infraction in Idaho though :(

No secondary yet on my end. Hoping for one when the week begins. Congrats to everyone who did receive one!

Anyone having an issue uploading a picture onto the secondary? It lets me upload it and then when I hit save it disappears and says "No file selected"

Does anyone know what 2015 mcat score range wvsom is looking for in applicants? Comparing the old and new mcat is similar to comparing apples and oranges..

how long did it take to get secondary? waiting over 2 weekss

admissions told me they would be sending PIN numbers and log in information within the next 2 weeks

I was verified in the first week of June and just got mine last week so be patient. People who were verified earlier get theirs first usually so hopefully you will get yours soon!

Anyone notice how funny looking the secondary email is? If their goal was to make it so confusing looking that i would read the entire thing rather than just click the link then they succeeded. I can't remember the last time I saw so many fonts, font sizes, and colors in one email. I actually love it.

Reactions: 4 users
I know, I think this is the most colorful email in my inbox :happy: