West Virginia (WVSOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well I am sure that they are very busy with applications etc...you know that Angie wouldn't leave us hanging ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
they might meet every other week, so maybe next wednesday for you guys?

They meet weekly, so hopefully we all will hear something soon, whether its good or bad. :pompous:

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed here not long ago! Really love the school, the atmosphere and the people! Seems like a great place to go to medical school. Hoping we all hear good news soon!

Last edited:
Any news ladies and gentlemen? :nailbiting:

Been checking the portal and sdn every 15 min..... i think i have a problem

Been checking the portal and sdn every 15 min..... i think i have a problem
good to know i am not the only one!
The first thing I do when I wake up... check wvsom portal...

Reactions: 1 users
patiently waiting for 4:30 today... :rolleyes:

LOL, maybe Angie is on vocation :rolleyes:. This whole waiting thing is more nerve wrecking than an actual interview itself.

Members don't see this ad :)
aaaaand today is not the day. :D

lol o_O pure torture.. hopefully at least before the weekend!

Withdrew my application today! Had an interview for October 12th, I hope one of you gets it :)

Maybe they didn't meet this week for some reason? I'm starting to think that's the case.

Here's to hoping they meet soon after Oct 2nd!!!

Checked the portal reallllll slowly and saw the letter A...meaning accept applicant! First ever! Yes!!! Thanks to everyone who has helped along the way! Interviewed the 17th...lizzy m around 61

Reactions: 5 users
:biglove::banana: tears of joy, I am in!

Accepted too! Interviewed on the 18th as well. Soooo excited

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted!!!!! I also interviewed the 18th!

Congrats to everyone! How long did it take you guys to hear back after submitting your supplement app ?

I've been complete for over a month and have heard nothing. Still listed as decision pending. So I think their timelines vary greatly between applications

So we have until Dec 15th to submit our deposits?

Just curious to those accepted what were your stats? I am interviewing here in like a week and a half and am really excited to see the school

Congrats to everyone! How long did it take you guys to hear back after submitting your supplement app ?
unfortunately it really varies, some heard a day after, for me it was 4 days, for some people it took a month. So no exact number of days.

ACCEPTED ... positively bouncing off the walls! Thank goodness for SDN, talking with everyone has helped so much :) congrats fellow acceptees!!!

Yes, congratulations everyone!!!
Also good luck to those who have upcoming interviews. The interview is very relaxed! Just go there and have fun, be yourself, and enjoy the day! Also you might noy have enough time to have all of your answers answered by the faculty, make sure to ask them med students during lunch. They were all super chill and nice.

Also if you are staying and looking for some good cheap restaurants, try Carlitos ( Mexiaan food, awesome salsa, good portions, Delicious food) and also When Pigs fly BBQ ( Cuban sandwich was really good and so are their BBQ beans):):):)

Accepted!!!! So excited!! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
I really want to practice primary care in rural areas and WVSOM along with ACOM (Alabama) seem best for what I want to do. WVSOM is known to be #1 in rural primary care, however the tuition for someone out of state like me is very high. ACOM seems for affordable and has great facilities.

Any advice from current years or any other SDNers why I should choose WVSOM? I am guessing most people will say it is a well known and established school. Just looking for your enlightened perspectives.

Thanks!

I really want to practice primary care in rural areas and WVSOM along with ACOM (Alabama) seem best for what I want to do. WVSOM is known to be #1 in rural primary care, however the tuition for someone out of state like me is very high. ACOM seems for affordable and has great facilities.

Any advice from current years or any other SDNers why I should choose WVSOM? I am guessing most people will say it is a well known and established school. Just looking for your enlightened perspectives.

Thanks!

I am a 1st year at WVSOM. I don't know much about ACOM, but I have a lot of good to say about WVSOM! The staff is excellent. They care about you as a student and are willing to take the time to answer your questions if you need clarification. The campus is clean and beautiful. Lewisburg is a classy small town that provides way more than I expected as far as businesses, and is a comfortable enjoyable place to live. There are farmers markets, bread shops, plenty of chain food and specialty food, and many activities hosted by the community. The students that WVSOM accepts are great people. There is a strong feeling of comradery and everyone does what we can to help everyone else succeed and do their best. The school is well established as you said, and has ties to the area that have been long lasting. The community members love WVSOM and the students. It is a very safe campus and town. Students often leave their computers and backpacks unattended without concern. The curriculum is integrated so you get overlap between subjects. The anatomy lab is top of the line, and was so impressive when they built it that other MD and DO schools came to check it out to improve their systems. There is constant improvement going into the school, so although the tuition is high, the money is well spent. There are all kinds of clubs to get involved in, more service opportunities than you have time for, research opportunities, out of country medical missions, and simply good energy on the campus. This is without a doubt the most family friendly school I have seen. I am married with one son and another on the way. The school basically told me that any activity that significant others are invited to, kids are invited as well. They even have child care provided at some events by the pediatric club. If you like the mountains, there is hiking, rafting, rock climbing, camping, hunting, fishing, mountain biking, skiing, and basically every outdoor opportunity within an hour (most within 30 min or down the street). Great education in an amazing environment!

Last edited:
how long did it take until y'all heard a reply after the secondary. I have been complete since early September.
thanks, and sorry if asked earlier