Western C/O 2017 Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So....at what point do y'all think it's not annoying to call and ask about our application if we haven't got the e-mail that our app is in review?? ahhhh getting sooooo nervous!! I REALLY want an interview at Western :) I'm so excited for all the awesome ppl on sdn that have got interviews though!! maybe we will be future classmates?! (yay!)

I think from my interactions with Lacey, if you are feeling super anxious you can try to call. She is very helpful and reasonable. I attended preview day a week and a half ago and I do remember Lacey saying there are actually only two of them sorting through applications so it may take a while but rest assured they are working hard to get through all of them. I hope you hear from them soon!!!

Members don't see this ad.

For some of you losing hope I just wanted to let you know it's been 2 1\2 weeks since I received my email about being reviewed by Western and I found out from Lacey that they are reviewing my application again (secondary reviews), so the process does take time.

I know it's alot to ask for but just be patient, and don't lose hope! Lacey has been awesome BTW, I wouldn't hesitate to occasionally email her, but I wouldn't call unless it's urgent.

Best of luck

Do you guys think if we haven't received an email about having our applications reviewed, that we probably aren't in the running this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
cs5910: I sincerely hope not :( I was really hoping for a Western interview :( I love their program so much! I've worked with 2 veterinarians who have done nothing but rave about Western.....I'd really like the opportunity to go there next fall!

cs5910: I sincerely hope not :( I was really hoping for a Western interview :( I love their program so much! I've worked with 2 veterinarians who have done nothing but rave about Western.....I'd really like the opportunity to go there next fall!
Me too :((( I love their PBL curriculum style... My stats are much higher than their average acceptances, so I thought I at least had a chance with an interview :(

Do you guys think if we haven't received an email about having our applications reviewed, that we probably aren't in the running this year?
I don't think so. I was looking through past years' invites and posts and I think people were getting confirmations up until January, so don't give up hope! They're probably still sorting through everything.

Have you received the email about your application being in the review process?

Lacey told me they are having exams graded this week and this has slowed down the process somewhat but EVERYONE should hear something by mid January.

Have you received the email about your application being in the review process?

Lacey told me they are having exams graded this week and this has slowed down the process somewhat but EVERYONE should hear something by mid January.
No :( I still haven't received that email :(

No :( I still haven't received that email :(

That's not bad news at all, it means they haven't gotten to you yet. Everyone gets reviewed twice by a reviewer then once a decision is made we are told wether it's a yes or no. When did you submit your application?

I submitted mine Oct 12 and I just got that email two weeks ago about being reviewed, and just two days ago Lacey told me they are doing my secondary review now.

Best of luck

That's not bad news at all, it means they haven't gotten to you yet. Everyone gets reviewed twice by a reviewer then once a decision is made we are told wether it's a yes or no. When did you submit your application?

I submitted mine Oct 12 and I just got that email two weeks ago about being reviewed, and just two days ago Lacey told me they are doing my secondary review now.

Best of luck
Hey Vetstudent123, did Lacey email you the info about secondary review or did you ask her? I got the app review almost a month ago and haven't heard back :( Thanks and I hope you hear good news soon :)

Hey Vetstudent123, did Lacey email you the info about secondary review or did you ask her? I got the app review almost a month ago and haven't heard back :( Thanks and I hope you hear good news soon :)

Widowl,

I emailed her three days ago and asked her if she knew how long this should take if I am expected to get an interview. She told me she remembered my name being in secondary review right now and due to exam scores the process has slowed down a little on sending out interviews, but that they are hoping to email EVERYONE (those that get interviews and those that don't) by early-mid January (I'm estimating Jan 5-10).

I haven't recieved any info since then, I have a feeling A LOT of us are gonna get good news or bad news during Christmas week. Don't worry about it, right now you're in the same boat as all of us as far as getting an interview. I think the few people who turned their apps earlier got the good news and made a lot of us nervous this year.

Last edited:
Hey Everyone! I am a first year at Western U and I, being in the midst of finals, got to thinking about the incoming class. I can't believe it was me sitting here trolling the forums and freaking out on a weekly to daily basis just a short year ago. I know everyone tells you not to freak out, but theres no use. Try to at least keep it in cycles vs. a constant state of freak out :). I'll be helping out with interviews on the 15th, so I'm excited to see those of you that have gotten invites! For those of you that don't have an invite yet, don't worry just yet. Its waaaaaaaay to early to worry. I got my invite on like Jan 21st, and interviewed the 2nd to last weekend of interviews and here I am, a Western U student (I was accepted outright too)! So just hang on tight, weather the storms and see what happens. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'll do my best to answer them but finals don't end till Tuesday, so I may not get back to you until then, but chances are, i'll be avoiding studying every once in awhile, so I'll check.

:luck: Good luck everyone!!!! :luck:
and may the odds be ever in your favor ;-)

Does anyone know if Western factors in fall semester grades if you haven't been put in review yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good morning, future DVM students!

Applications are still under review. As files are assigned to committee members you will receive a notification that your file is being reviewed. We have approximately 280 files waiting to be assigned to a committee member for first review. Your file will be reviewed by a minimum of two committee members before a decision for interview is made. Rest assured that you will be notified by e-mail by the end of January regarding your file.

For those of you on hold, you will remain on hold until a final decision is made on your file. This could occur anytime between today and early February. You will receive a monthly update regarding your file until your status changes.

Candidates who have been notified for interview, congratulations!!! We look forward to having you on campus in January or February.

Best of luck to all and please do not hesitate to e-mail or call Lacey (A-L) or myself (M-Z) if you have any questions or just want to check in!

All the best,

I just entered review!!! SO EXCITED AND NERVOUS AT THE SAME TIME!!!! I really really really really want a Western interview (as yall probably know by now lol) :) Fingers crossed and praying away!!

Does anyone know if Western factors in fall semester grades if you haven't been put in review yet?

I was wondering the same thing, should we send our fall transcripts? I also got a review email tonight. :xf:

I just entered review!!! SO EXCITED AND NERVOUS AT THE SAME TIME!!!! I really really really really want a Western interview (as yall probably know by now lol) :) Fingers crossed and praying away!!
I just entered review too last night!! Maybe they saw us getting worried on this thread ;) ;) I am so excited!! I hope we hear before Christmas! I would love to interview and be accepted at Western!!

I just entered review too last night!! Maybe they saw us getting worried on this thread ;) ;) I am so excited!! I hope we hear before Christmas! I would love to interview and be accepted at Western!!

I did too! Hoping to hear something soon though, the waiting is killing me

I've literally been day dreaming about going to western since i woke up this morning.....

Good luck to all the WesternU applicants! Now, take a deep breath and try to relax. :)

Hey guys, I forgot to say before. The first interview date of the 15th was uncharacteristically early for Western. When we were helping out on Sat, we were trying to figure out if they even did interviews that early in the past. So hang tight! Good luck to all that are waiting. Always remember, its not over till its over!!!

I was wondering if any knows when rejection letters from WesternU would been sent out.

Other than that, good luck to everyone!

I was wondering if any knows when rejection letters from WesternU would been sent out.

Other than that, good luck to everyone!

When I first applied two application cycles ago my rejection letter arrived in early January and it was by snail mail. I have no idea when they went out last year but they went by email. Maybe check previous rejection threads.

When I first applied two application cycles ago my rejection letter arrived in early January and it was by snail mail. I have no idea when they went out last year but they went by email. Maybe check previous rejection threads.

Ah, yes. I remember now. Thank you!

I got my interview invite today!!!! YAYAYAYAYAY

So I got my interviews lined up, I didn't pick alot of schools but I really like the programs that I did select.

I got my interview invite today!!!! YAYAYAYAYAY

So I got my interviews lined up, I didn't pick alot of schools but I really like the programs that I did select.
Congrats!! Go rock that interview :)

Last year everything was electronic. I imagine everything would be the same this year. Once the interview stage got passed, everyone got a YES/NO or maybe on march 15th. Not sure about if you didn't get an interview though about the date, but they will be doing interviews up until Feb and unfortunately some people get them at the last minute... good luck guys an congrats to Vetstudent123!!

CONGRATS ON YOUR INTERVIEW!!!!!!! When is it? If you don't mind me asking, when did you get your "in review email"? You're going to do great :) Take a deep breath, and smile!!!!!!

CONGRATS ON YOUR INTERVIEW!!!!!!! When is it? If you don't mind me asking, when did you get your "in review email"? You're going to do great :) Take a deep breath, and smile!!!!!!

Thank you, Wildowl and Mixedvet so much, I got my review email about a month ago (Nov 27th I believe) and I got my interview today. I was told everyone's reviewer takes a different amount of time, so I could of very well had gotten an interview mid January. A few of my Western 1 year friends told me they got their interview invite January so I wouldn't be concerned unless it's February and you haven't heard anything.

BTW, I'm not too familiar with this site, where can I see interview questions on this page so I can better prepare for it?

Last edited:
Thank you and Mixedvet so much, I got my review email about a month ago (Nov 27th I believe) and I got my interview today. I was told everyone's reviewer takes a different amount of time, so I could of very well had gotten an interview mid January. A few of my Western 1 year friends told me they got their interview invite January so I wouldn't be concerned unless it's February and you haven't heard anything.

BTW, I'm not too familiar with this site, where can I see interview questions on this page so I can better prepare for it?
It's under reference materials up top and you just pick interview feedback, and then Vet School with the drop-down :)

It's under reference materials up top and you just pick interview feedback, and then Vet School with the drop-down :)

Thank you, and oh btw I haven't picked an interview date I plan on doing that today.

I received notice that my application was under review on dec 4th! I am so excited! This forum has made me so positive! Thank you, everyone!:)

Anyone who had the interview a few days ago, howd it go?!?

It was nice! I was really jet lagged since I flew in from the East coast at about midnight the night before. The students were helpful and informative and my interviewers were nice. They had a mock PBL session at the end with a professor who was cool but also kinda super intimidating. The campus was small and not-too-fancy but I'm kind of a fan of that.

Overall it was fun, though I wish I had been more awake for it.

It was nice! I was really jet lagged since I flew in from the East coast at about midnight the night before. The students were helpful and informative and my interviewers were nice. They had a mock PBL session at the end with a professor who was cool but also kinda super intimidating. The campus was small and not-too-fancy but I'm kind of a fan of that.

Overall it was fun, though I wish I had been more awake for it.

Just out of curiosity, I know they have about 5 hours planned for you which includes your interview, but how does that happen? Do you have a set time where you break off from the group and go interview by yourself? Or everyone interviews at the same time, but in different rooms?

They split you up into groups and your schedule for the day is based on your group. For instance if you're in the "Red" group you would have the Student Panel at 8, Interviews at 9, Campus Tour at 10, etc.

There were about 6 people in a group. Those 6 people interview at the same time with different interviewers. Then all the groups meet back up for the Financial Aid talk and the PBL session and whatnot.

Afternoon, Future DVMs!

For those of you that recently recieved a hold status notification, do not fret! The hold status simply means that your application remains with the committee under review. This means that the committee has not made a final decision on your application and have chosen to review other candidates before making that decision. We anticipate all file review decisions will be made by the end of January.

Keep in mind that the campus will be closed beginning the evening of Friday, December 21, 2012. We will return to campus on Monday, January 7, 2013. During that time file review will be ongoing but may be at a slower pace than usual. Rest assured that you will be notified via e-mail if and when your status changes.

Best of luck to you all. Lacey and I wish you all a very happy holidays!

Does that mean if your app entered into review in November, and you haven't heard anything, it's pretty much a no?

:(

Does that mean if your app entered into review in November, and you haven't heard anything, it's pretty much a no?

:(

My app went into review in October (30th, though), and I didn't hear back about an interview until this week. I wouldn't worry about it too much :) I know, easier said than done

My app went into review in October (30th, though), and I didn't hear back about an interview until this week. I wouldn't worry about it too much :) I know, easier said than done

Oh congrats and good luck!

How long does it usually take after we receive the "initial review" email, to find our if we are invited to an interview or not?

I think it varies too much to give a definite time. But Karen (I think that's who posted above) said they should be done with file decisions by the end of January.

So I asked this question once before but didn't get a response....do we or don't we send fall transcripts?

"If you have any coursework in progress for fall, please make sure you submit transcripts by the end of January."

Yes :)

TrueFaith: Just curious, where did you get that statement? They just e-mailed me back and said that transcripts weren't required....??

Weird. It was in the "your application is ready for review" email that Lacey sent me

Just had time to find this thread. You guys are giving me hope that an interview might still happen! I got scared when they started sending them out so early but I guess I didn't realize how their application review process works. I'm so excited about Western and their PBL program, this waiting game is just killer!
Anyways, just wanted to say good luck to everybody :)

Do y'all know what this gal wants on New Years Eve- AN INTERVIEW INVITE :) That is all.