Western C/O 2017 Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I keep searching their website but I can't find where it says that we need to send our fall transcripts, but should I send my fall transcripts? It seems like a few of you have

I think you're right about it not being on the website. I found out through the "application ready for review" e-mail -- it says to send transcripts for courses in progress in fall by the end of January. I would definitely try to get them in asap.

Members don't see this ad.

Karen said "Fall grades are not considered in the initial review of your file."

So we don't need to send then unless they specifically ask.

Thanks!! It does say that in the email, I read it wrong and I thought they were referring to any required coursework, woops! Thank goodness for SDN!

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent my updated transcript when I received my grades, could that hurt me since they did not want them unless they requested?

Also, I did not receive an email saying my application was on hold, the last email I received was that my application was sent to adcom for review. Good? Bad?

I sent my updated transcript when I received my grades, could that hurt me since they did not want them unless they requested?

Also, I did not receive an email saying my application was on hold, the last email I received was that my application was sent to adcom for review. Good? Bad?

I didn't think it could hurt being that they stated to send them in the "app out for review" email. Anyone else have other opinions?

I'm in the same boat as you Blondie. Haven't heard since mid-November when they sent my app out for review. I emailed them early Jan after their break ended just to check in and Lacey said they were still processing and would email me once the status changes. So.. I'm just trying to stay sane and be patient for now :D I was hoping for some news within a week or two. I don't necessarily think it's good or bad. They probably haven't gotten to ours yet. :xf:

I didn't think it could hurt being that they stated to send them in the "app out for review" email. Anyone else have other opinions?

I'm in the same boat as you Blondie. Haven't heard since mid-November when they sent my app out for review. I emailed them early Jan after their break ended just to check in and Lacey said they were still processing and would email me once the status changes. So.. I'm just trying to stay sane and be patient for now :D I was hoping for some news within a week or two. I don't necessarily think it's good or bad. They probably haven't gotten to ours yet. :xf:

I appreciate your response :)

I had similar news regarding "processing"...I did call about a week ago, spoke to Lacey, and was told that my application was returned from adcom and is being processed. What could that mean?

I appreciate your response :)

I had similar news regarding "processing"...I did call about a week ago, spoke to Lacey, and was told that my application was returned from adcom and is being processed. What could that mean?

I would like to be hopeful and think good news is coming :D :xf:

I feel like its been so quiet!!

I'm losing patience :(

Same. Unfortunately I don't think Western is very fast at sending out invites, which I'm sure means they lose out on many applicants to other schools. If you look at the interview invite thread from last year, many people got interview invites in february for interviews scheduled a week or two later. I really hope they don't do that this year. Otherwise plane tickets are going to be expensive (more so than already), I'll have to take off work, etc.

Same. Unfortunately I don't think Western is very fast at sending out invites, which I'm sure means they lose out on many applicants to other schools. If you look at the interview invite thread from last year, many people got interview invites in february for interviews scheduled a week or two later. I really hope they don't do that this year. Otherwise plane tickets are going to be expensive (more so than already), I'll have to take off work, etc.

True. I think another thing is they send out acceptances a little later. At Preview Day, they said they send out acceptances on March 15th all at once.

When I spoke to Lacey on the phone she said I could hear back anytime between now and the end of feb :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an e-mail from one of the admissions counselors reviewing my file asking for a syllabus from my Microbiology course since he isn't sure if it satisfies the pre-requisite or not. I'm a little nervous about that. I e-mailed a copy back but I wonder if I should have faxed it too just in case? Trying to sit back and not think about it but it's hard not to.

Today I was granted an interview!

Don't give up guys, they're still going out :)

Yay! Congrats!! Did they just tell you outright or were you notified that your app went into second review and you sent fall grades?

Congrats on your interview! I hope the rest of us get to hear back soon!

Good morning/afternoon, future DVMs!

Just wanted to let those of you out for review and on hold where we are at as of this morning. We have approximately 270 applications out for review and/or on hold. Please remember that the Admissions Committee reviews ALL complete applications (over 650 this year). The committee members are reviewing as quickly as they can and know that many of you are anxiously awaiting word. Rest assured that you will be notified by an e-mail from me of your status. There are some files on hold that the committee has requested the Admissions Office to request additional information before making that final decision. Some of you may have received an e-mail from Lacey, Ashley, Micheal, Jeanene, or myself requesting information or course details. As soon as the information is received your file is returned for review.

Please remember that Fall 2012 and Spring 2013 courses are not considered in the review of your file. The Admissions Committee may request to see Fall grades but typically do not. You are welcome to submit your official transcripts for Fall. We will hold all transcripts received in a file until all decisions have been made for interview invitations.

Interviews are scheduled for January 26, 28, 29 and February 2, 4, 5, 9, 11, and 12. Additional dates will be scheduled shortly. Rest assured that I will notify you as soon as possible of the committee's decision following the return of your file from committee review. Until then you are welcome to e-mail any one of us to inquire about the status of your file.

We sincerely thank you for considering Western University of Health Sciences for your studies and, most important, your patience during the review of files. Best of luck to all and congratulations to those that have been invited for an interview to any of the 30 CVMs for the Fall 2013 entering class!

Regards,

Big congrats on your interview Falina, and thanks Karen for the info!

Just wanted to let those of you out for review and on hold where we are at as of this morning. We have approximately 270 applications out for review and/or on hold. Please remember that the Admissions Committee reviews ALL complete applications (over 650 this year). The committee members are reviewing as quickly as they can and know that many of you are anxiously awaiting word. Rest assured that you will be notified by an e-mail from me of your status. There are some files on hold that the committee has requested the Admissions Office to request additional information before making that final decision. Some of you may have received an e-mail from Lacey, Ashley, Micheal, Jeanene, or myself requesting information or course details. As soon as the information is received your file is returned for review.

Please remember that Fall 2012 and Spring 2013 courses are not considered in the review of your file. The Admissions Committee may request to see Fall grades but typically do not. You are welcome to submit your official transcripts for Fall. We will hold all transcripts received in a file until all decisions have been made for interview invitations.

Interviews are scheduled for January 26, 28, 29 and February 2, 4, 5, 9, 11, and 12. Additional dates will be scheduled shortly. Rest assured that I will notify you as soon as possible of the committee's decision following the return of your file from committee review. Until then you are welcome to e-mail any one of us to inquire about the status of your file.

We sincerely thank you for considering Western University of Health Sciences for your studies and, most important, your patience during the review of files. Best of luck to all and congratulations to those that have been invited for an interview to any of the 30 CVMs for the Fall 2013 entering class!

Regards,

I just want to thank you Karen for the awesome update! I did not apply to Western, but the communication y'all have had with your applicants via SDN has been phenomenal! I wish other schools would do the same!

:luck: :luck: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!! :luck: :luck:

So it seems like a hold means they're going to request more information from you...

So if we haven't received a hold notification are we still in review? I'm confused...

I was told on November 27th that my application was sent to the committee for review, so it had been a while (almost 2 months) since I had had any news. I sent my fall grades last week, but I don't think that had much to do with it.

We have approximately 270 applications out for review and/or on hold. Please remember that the Admissions Committee reviews ALL complete applications (over 650 this year).

I wonder if that means there are less applicants this year compared to last (748). Or maybe there were 100 incomplete apps this year.. Just speculating :)

I have my interview this Saturday!! I struggle between UF & Western as first choice, & I'm pumped for this interview!! Will anyone else be in LA with me?? :)

Yes I will be in LA on staurday with you good luck everyone

OTTB, I totally realize your name might not stand for off the track thoroughbred, but either way... It is awesome!

Good luck at your interview!

You are right it is off track thoroughbred

Congrats futur3vet!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! :) When is your interview? Do you mind sharing when you got your "app is ready for review" email? Fingers crossed for you!!! I know it's exciting! Go celebrate!

i received "your app is ready for review" a while ago. december 3rd.

my interview --- i think it will be saturday, feb 2nd. not sure. they ask you to pick from a list, and from it there is a box to place a primary and secondary choice.

it is exciting, for sure. but no celebrating yet...ok, not too much celebrating

i haven't been following this thread, so pardon me if it's already been shared --- has western sent out any acceptances yet? or will they do that all at once?

i received "your app is ready for review" a while ago. december 3rd.

my interview --- i think it will be saturday, feb 2nd. not sure. they ask you to pick from a list, and from it there is a box to place a primary and secondary choice.

it is exciting, for sure. but no celebrating yet...ok, not too much celebrating

i haven't been following this thread, so pardon me if it's already been shared --- has western sent out any acceptances yet? or will they do that all at once?

Once all of the interviews are done the dean hand picks the incoming class. Acceptances all go out at once. Last year it was March 15.

I had a random question for everyone, if you're fortunate enough to get into the program this year. What month does the program start? I ask because I have 2nd year friends who have classes starting in early August and I was just curious because others say it begins in mid September for 1st years.

I would appreciate any info, thank you.

I had a random question for everyone, if you're fortunate enough to get into the program this year. What month does the program start? I ask because I have 2nd year friends who have classes starting in early August and I was just curious because others say it begins in mid September for 1st years.

I would appreciate any info, thank you.

We actually started before the 2nd years in early August. We had orientation for a full week(they only had a few days) then had our white coat ceremony followed by start of classes.

My application is in reviewwwww. FINALLY heard something.

I just cancelled my interview with Western good luck to everyone. I'm sure you will all do great:D

So the last date for interviews looks like it's February 12th....how long does western usually allow between your interview and the time you're notified of your interview? Because if any of us received an invite today, we would have 2.5 weeks to plan. Do y'all think they are going to still send interview invites with less than a 2 week notice?

I got an email response from admissions yesterday that my file is still in review... I doubt they will finish the review by today and notify me. So it looks like we will be notified even days before.... Which is tough because flying across the country is $$$...

I got an email response from admissions yesterday that my file is still in review... I doubt they will finish the review by today and notify me. So it looks like we will be notified even days before.... Which is tough because flying across the country is $$$...

Same here, I called and they said the committee hadn't made a decision yet. I'm wondering whether no news is bad news or if they really just started looking at my application much later than I got my "app in review" email since I got that way back in November. I submitted my secondary on the last day though :oops:

I got my "in review" notification in Nov. too! Maybe the same person has our files and is just making us sweat a little! Positive thoughts for us!! :luck::luck::xf:

Yea, I just re-read the post from about a week ago from admissions on sdn....it says that "additional dates will be scheduled shortly." ....can anyone confirm this?

Yea, I just re-read the post from about a week ago from admissions on sdn....it says that "additional dates will be scheduled shortly." ....can anyone confirm this?

When I interview last year the last interview date I had to choose from was Feb. 14th. They added more interview dates after that. Hope that helps.

Haha, I agree cs5910! They might like watching us squirm in anticipation. Good luck to you too, I hope we hear soon! :luck: :xf:

The same thing happened to me! I heard a while back that my app went to the committee for review and I called a week ago and was told the committee hasn't made a decision yet so I am still "In review" I hope we hear good news soon!

So the last date for interviews looks like it's February 12th....how long does western usually allow between your interview and the time you're notified of your interview? Because if any of us received an invite today, we would have 2.5 weeks to plan. Do y'all think they are going to still send interview invites with less than a 2 week notice?

I'm not sure about the vet program, but two of my friends who applied to the DO and pharmacy program got invites on Wednesday and are interviewing this Saturday...haha not even a week's notice!

I'm not sure about the vet program, but two of my friends who applied to the DO and pharmacy program got invites on Wednesday and are interviewing this Saturday...haha not even a week's notice!

That's crazy!! Do they live in California? My friend also applied to DO but he got his invite about 3 weeks ago for this Saturday.

I just got an interview!!! But its during my Auburn interview days... They only give options on their website to pick jan 28, 29 or feb 2,4,5.... Its too late to buy flights for the 28/29 options and Ill be at Auburn the 2-5. So I am not sure what to do :confused: