Western c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I remember she said we will all know by christmas. So maybe that week is when they start sending acceptances.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, Karen Lopez def. said by Dec.18. B.c she is pregnent and may not be working much later than that day.

Members don't see this ad :)
haha ^ thanks sarakittykat, i guess I'm not so good at being patient :whistle:

just out of curiosity, did anyone figure out what actually happened with the "accidental" rejections a few weeks back?

I'm just pretending to be patient, I'm really not :angelic:

Reactions: 1 users
I cannot believe how long this wait feels!!! When I called 2 weeks ago they said it could be any day now so I've been super eager everyday waiting for an email. This wait is terrible!

Reactions: 5 users
I emailed admissions and was told that decisions have not been made yet and she didn't know why I received the email but she would look into it. Maybe there is still hope.
I also accidentally received a rejection letter around this time too. I'm really surprised to see that it happened on such a large scale. I figured it was a one time fluke! Not really impressed by that...

Does anyone know how they select people after the interviews? Is it solely off of the interviews at that point?

Does anyone know how they select people after the interviews? Is it solely off of the interviews at that point?

They said that the dean would consider the entire application when selecting people.

Facebook page officially says Friday afternoon. Guess I'll stop checking my email every hour until then ;)

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've never had a week go by any slower than this week feels right now! Two days!

Reactions: 3 users
We will get an email rather than phone call if we are accepted right?

I'm likely going to be on a plane (flying to my next interview) when we receive the emails tomorrow. It's going to be the longest plane ride ever for me! If they offer WiFi I might have to splurge and buy it so that I can check my email every 5 minutes :rolleyes:

Goodluck everyone!!

I'm likely going to be on a plane (flying to my next interview) when we receive the emails tomorrow. It's going to be the longest plane ride ever for me! If they offer WiFi I might have to splurge and buy it so that I can check my email every 5 minutes :rolleyes:

Goodluck everyone!!
What interview?

My friend just got a phone call for acceptance .. Anyone else?

Last edited:
That's really weird.. Will they send a follow up email too? Ha cuz wouldn't you need that as your proof...

That's really strange...I didn't think they were allowed to do that. Congrats to him!

That's really weird.. Will they send a follow up email too? Ha cuz wouldn't you need that as your proof...
Not sure. Hes more of someone I used to intern with than a friend, so he didn't give me too many details. He told me they called him back and he's been accepted. So I'm assuming he originally called and that's why.

Not sure. Hes more of someone I used to intern with than a friend, so he didn't give me too many details. He told me they called him back and he's been accepted. So I'm assuming he originally called and that's why.

I remember Karen said they cannot give you your decision over the phone in case someone calls them using your name... So weird though but congrats to your friend!

I'm totally freaking out >_< I hate the wait especially since it is so close :"(

Me too! Specially that they are 3 hour time difference :oldman: good luck everyone!

Ahhhhhh Just received my acceptance offer via phone!!! They said I would receive an official invite by tomorrow latest!!! Good luck and best wishes to the rest of you!

Reactions: 3 users
Ahhhhhh Just received my acceptance offer via phone!!! They said I would receive an official invite by tomorrow latest!!! Good luck and best wishes to the rest of you!

Congrats!! What great news!

I remember Karen said they cannot give you your decision over the phone in case someone calls them using your name... So weird though but congrats to your friend!

So they're calling?? So confused

So they're calling?? So confused

Me too. I distinctly remember Karen saying it would be via email, on the 18th. And their Facebook said today as well. But it's getting a bit late, especially for some non-California applicants. Has anyone else heard anything?... Also, how many offers do they make? I know the class size is expected to be 105, but surely they offer admissions to more than 105 people.

Me too. I distinctly remember Karen saying it would be via email, on the 18th. And their Facebook said today as well. But it's getting a bit late, especially for some non-California applicants. Has anyone else heard anything?... Also, how many offers do they make? I know the class size is expected to be 105, but surely they offer admissions to more than 105 people.

But it isn't late in California and they're working on California time. It's only 4:00 there, meaning plenty of time to send out notification. And they will offer admission to more people because people are more likely to pick IS if they can since it's cheaper.

My stomach has been in knots all week. I just need to know already..... :dead: Also, I'm so sorry for the OOS people, especially those from the East Coast who have been waiting all day.

Got my letter :( rejected. Good luck to the rest of you guys!

But it isn't late in California and they're working on California time. It's only 4:00 there, meaning plenty of time to send out notification. And they will offer admission to more people because people are more likely to pick IS if they can since it's cheaper.
Do you know the office hours though ? I usually assume 5 ish

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still haven't received an email. I am one of the people who got the accidental rejection letter a few weeks ago, maybe that was real.