Western/COMP Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is sending more than 2 LORs likely to work against me?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary on July 20th, and it's still under the "submitted" section. They still haven't processed my secondary yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

I submitted my secondary on July 20th, and it's still under the "submitted" section. They still haven't processed my secondary yet. Anyone else in the same boat?
I know they are currently doing orientation for the incoming students so I am sure they are quite busy I would email them in a week or 2 if its still not processed

Can you please tell us how to look up the application status? I called earlier this week and was told they're still working on processing secondaries.

just completed my app im rly excited for western...all of the 3rd yrs I met while shadowing in their clinic love it...and the director of clinical education (the physician I shadow) is so sweet...all of the professors ive met r so nice!

I received an email today (8/5) saying that my secondary application has been processed. I sent it in on 7/27.

Bleh, I've been so busy with work and moving, I lost track of time with the Western Secondary. I know it says they want it back within 10 days, but does anyone know how strict this is? I feel I should spend more time on my essays. If I turn it in on the 11th or 12th day, will they just toss it aside?

Has anyone else had their secondary app processed? I know they were having software issues last week but it looks like one person was processed on Friday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been having trouble accessing the secondary since yesterday. Is anyone encountering this problem, too?

Been a week and still not processed =/ Only "submitted"

I spoke with someone at their Enrollment Data Services department and she said that she is hoping to have all the issues resolved this week. She also said that all of the applications are on hold until the problem is fixed.

I spoke with someone at their Enrollment Data Services department and she said that she is hoping to have all the issues resolved this week. She also said that all of the applications are on hold until the problem is fixed.

Awesome. Thanks. Western makes me so nervous. Wish I could skip all the other schools and just get accepted here already ;-)

Awesome. Thanks. Western makes me so nervous. Wish I could skip all the other schools and just get accepted here already ;-)
This is my number one school as well. I'm so ready for an interview invite!

They seem to have fixed the problem. My application was processed today. Wahoo! Now we play the waiting game.

looks like lots of people have been stalled a bit with processing of their apps, so i'll be patient about mine, BUT

does this apply to LOR's too? i sent mine in a while back. do they just wait a while before uploading them into their system/the status page?

Just submitted!

I must say, this app took me the longest out of all the schools so far.

looks like lots of people have been stalled a bit with processing of their apps, so i'll be patient about mine, BUT

does this apply to LOR's too? i sent mine in a while back. do they just wait a while before uploading them into their system/the status page?

They won't update your status page with LOR's until they process your application. You can email them to make sure they recieved all your materials though. They are really good with following up quickly.

Hi all,
I haven't posted on here since premed but I thought I'd add something. It looks like the interview season is running 22 September to 18 February, according to the email I got today for the student ambassadors. I'm a second year student, so if you have any questions please let me know. Also, I'm not sure the best place to post it but I have plenty of space for an interviewee to stay with me during your time in southern California. I'm five minutes from the airport and would be happy to give you a ride to campus. [email protected] is the best way to reach me but I'll try to check posts here too so everyone can get the same information.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Hi! I have a question. I am applying to both the Pomona and Pacific NW campuses. I received individual secondary emails from both campuses, but it is the same link.

Should I create 2 separate log-ins and do each secondary that way, or just create 2 documents under the same log-in? What are you all doing?

Thanks!

Hi! I have a question. I am applying to both the Pomona and Pacific NW campuses. I received individual secondary emails from both campuses, but it is the same link.

Should I create 2 separate log-ins and do each secondary that way, or just create 2 documents under the same log-in? What are you all doing?

Thanks!
sounds like a question for ur admissions counselor...see the name of the person who sent the secondary? thats ur admissions counselor and will answer any question u have.
good luck!

I just received this email:

'Thank you for your interest in attending Western University of Health Sciences. We have received your application for both campuses, and we need to pick a campus of choice at this time. We will conduct your interview at your first choice campus location. You must decide A. Pomona or B. Northwest."

Did anyone else get this?

I was wondering why it was taking so long for them to email me about receipt of my secondary, so I emailed Robin and she emailed back the next day:

"Your application is now complete and will be sent to the committee for review shortly. You will be notified once a decision has been made."

I hope I hear from them soon because I'm getting anxious!

I was wondering why it was taking so long for them to email me about receipt of my secondary, so I emailed Robin and she emailed back the next day:

"Your application is now complete and will be sent to the committee for review shortly. You will be notified once a decision has been made."

I hope I hear from them soon because I'm getting anxious!

I never received an email indicating that I was complete. I did, however, receive an email saying that they received my secondary application.

I've been logging into my WesternU account and checking the application summary to make sure that everything has been received.

Emails have gone out advertising Western's preview day on 9/17. Is anyone thinking of going? Is there any correlation between attending and being offered an interview?

Emails have gone out advertising Western's preview day on 9/17. Is anyone thinking of going? Is there any correlation between attending and being offered an interview?

No interview yet, but I got the invite to the preview day.

I also got the preview...I live like 5 min from campus so I'll come I doubt it's a correlation to interviews but I'm not doing anything else on sat anyways

Not sure if I'm gonna go yet. I live about an hour from campus.

Im debating. Its a 2.5 hour drive for me (from San Diego) but I would like to see the campus.

No interview invites have been sent for this campus, right? Just wondering because I saw lebanon had started sending invites.

Im debating. Its a 2.5 hour drive for me (from San Diego) but I would like to see the campus.
thats not too bad...if u havent seen the campus before its worth checking out so u know wut ur getting urself into lol

i'm in the same boat. but i wonder if we'd get the same info if/when we interview there. but then again, maybe we'll know if we're really interested in going there before interviews are even scheduled

Same here, DrWily. From San Diego- have a wedding to go to that night (in sd) but still hoping to attend preview day and leave early to avoid traffic.

Same here, DrWily. From San Diego- have a wedding to go to that night (in sd) but still hoping to attend preview day and leave early to avoid traffic.
it is on a sat so there shouldnt be much traffic on the 15 into Ontario and i hardly see traffic on a sat this side of LA so u should be fine :)

From last year's thread, it seems interviews were given around 9/10. Still have quite a while.

I never received an email indicating that I was complete. I did, however, receive an email saying that they received my secondary application.

I've been logging into my WesternU account and checking the application summary to make sure that everything has been received.

Does your online application status say "complete?" Mine just says "all materials received."

just to let everyone know whos patiently waiting for interviews...i recently met with the admissions staff and the first interview will be sept 22 and she said invites will start going out end of this week beginning of next week!

I've never done community service at underserved community, so what should I write for the 3rd secondary essay?

So I just had my first nightmare of the application cycle. Last night, I dreamed that I was at a WesternU interview, and was getting asked questions.. except that I couldn't answer them. I was speechless and my mind was racing to think of an answer. Woke up and couldn't go back to bed... At work today all day on 3 hours of sleep.

@_@

haha that's intense. I don't remember if I had any application cycle nightmares or daydreams. Just lot's of anxiety.