Western/COMP Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:cry:

Members don't see this ad.

*EDIT* LETTERS ARE OUT!

ACCEPTED!!!!1111111 :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone! Just had my interview there yesterday as an OOS student, praying for the best. The demographic chart stated that only 3% of the students are from the East Coast =\ This number scares me a little bit.

Congrats!!! Great way to end the week!

Thanks!!!! :D

I really had a great feeling about the place, the people, and the program during the interview. Plus, after five years in the Midwest, I think it's time to come *home.*

But it's still early in the cycle, so I'll see where the chips fall.

Thanks!!!! :D

I really had a great feeling about the place, the people, and the program during the interview. Plus, after five years in the Midwest, I think it's time to come *home.*

But it's still early in the cycle, so I'll see where the chips fall.

Yay!! Me too. Indeed, let's see where the chips fall. But it's nice to have this one in the pocket.

How long do they give you to send in a deposit?

Yay!! Me too. Indeed, let's see where the chips fall. But it's nice to have this one in the pocket.

Yay congrats to you and everyone else!

For those waiting patiently.. :xf: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, this is my first post on SDN though I've read through the forums for some time. I appreciate the discussion, as it has been very helpful. I had a quick question to those of you who got interviews- how long did it take for a confirmation email to be sent to you? I was called last week (Thursday I think) and I still haven't received a confirmation, and was wondering if I should call to be safe.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone.

Hello, this is my first post on SDN though I've read through the forums for some time. I appreciate the discussion, as it has been very helpful. I had a quick question to those of you who got interviews- how long did it take for a confirmation email to be sent to you? I was called last week (Thursday I think) and I still haven't received a confirmation, and was wondering if I should call to be safe.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone.

I received my interview confirmation email on the same day I got the call or the day after. If you got the call you should be fine, they are probably busy. I would give them a call, all the admission people are nice and helpful.
Good Luck:)

I was wondering if my fellow SDNers can help me out with my dilemma.

I have an interview for 11/19, and originally VCOM was my top school, which I got accepted into, but the more I learn about this school, the more I really think I would love this school and be happier in Pomona. Anyways, the deposit is due for VCOM on Dec 15 and if I don't get into Pomona I would send in that check. I was wondering if there was any way I could have the school tell me over the phone if I was accepted sometime before that date? I am not sure how to ask them and just looking at how long it took people to receive the snail mail acceptance letters terrifies me! Any advice? :confused:

So I interviewed 10/06, when can I expect a decision letter? 3 weeks? or 2 weeks?

So I interviewed 10/06, when can I expect a decision letter? 3 weeks? or 2 weeks?

I interviewed on 9/22 and I was told I should recieve a decision letter sometime this week. They tell you it will take between 10 and 15 days but it has been more like 3 weeks for me.

I have an interview for 11/19, and originally VCOM was my top school, which I got accepted into, but the more I learn about this school, the more I really think I would love this school and be happier in Pomona. Anyways, the deposit is due for VCOM on Dec 15 and if I don't get into Pomona I would send in that check. I was wondering if there was any way I could have the school tell me over the phone if I was accepted sometime before that date? I am not sure how to ask them and just looking at how long it took people to receive the snail mail acceptance letters terrifies me! Any advice? :confused:

From their website: Acceptance letters are mailed no more than two weeks following your interview.

To what I've heard directly from western is that they do notify you within 2-3 weeks. Hope that helps

From their website: Acceptance letters are mailed no more than two weeks following your interview.

To what I've heard directly from western is that they do notify you within 2-3 weeks. Hope that helps

That does! Thank you, that is such a big relief :)

I interviewed on 9/23 and received my letter on 10/7. I have heard if you have an acceptance from another school and want to know your interview status to pay the deposit they will have you fax the acceptance letter and if it is urgent , they will inform you about the admission decision over the phone.

So I've been complete at this school for about two months and haven't heard a single thing. I've got a 3.5/3.5/27/IS... I feel like I should have heard something (anything!) by now. Is anyone else having this prob?

So I've been complete at this school for about two months and haven't heard a single thing. I've got a 3.5/3.5/27/IS... I feel like I should have heard something (anything!) by now. Is anyone else having this prob?

I am an instate as well, I submitted my secondary 7/30 and didn't hear from them for awhile. I thought that was it for this school and then a little more than 2 months later I got a call offering me an interview. I have slightly lower stats than you so I expect you should be getting a call anytime now.

I interviewed on 9/23 and received my letter on 10/7. I have heard if you have an acceptance from another school and want to know your interview status to pay the deposit they will have you fax the acceptance letter and if it is urgent , they will inform you about the admission decision over the phone.

Yeah there is no sense in testing things if you're in this situation. A politely worded email with some documentation would seem appropriate. I remember getting a call while in europe since I was in a similar situation with another school. :thumbup:

I would give them a call. They have been friendly every time I have called.

Received the mail today.. placed in alternate status. God damn it.

Accepted! Interviewed on Sept 22/11. Canadian applicant.
3.75 GPA
30Q

Same problem...I've got a 3.4 and 27 IS...I've even called to check in...no word yet :(

Complete in mid/late august.

REALLY hoping for an interview call.

My secondary application link is not working. Does anybody else have the same problem? I hope it's not because it has passed the 10 day deadline =( . I read somewhere that they accept until 30 days after. It's been a little over 3 weeks. I'm not procrastinating. This is my #1 school and it's been so hard to write the essays. =(

Hi guys,

Have we got a facebook page for class 2016 yet?

I was going to create one but it requires me to invite friends. I do not know the real name of any of you here that got accepted.

Last edited:
I was going to create one but it requires me to invite friends. I know the real name of any of you here that got accepted.

Let us know if you create one. I don't use facebook but I think its about time I join the network :D

Is anyone from the October 6th interview asking for an early notification of their admissions decision?

Yeah agsdo, i'd like to find out too. Did you call them?

I had an acceptance from another school who needed a deposit this week, so I called them. If you have a deposit due ASAP, I suggest you call them too! FYI they ask for proof of the letter.
Good luck!

I had an acceptance from another school who needed a deposit this week, so I called them. If you have a deposit due ASAP, I suggest you call them too! FYI they ask for proof of the letter.
Good luck!

Same here...got the call yesterday. Will definitely attend.

Same here...got the call yesterday. Will definitely attend.

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOHOOOOOOOO! :) I interviewed on 10/6/11.

I also had a pending admission elsewhere and found out via phone :) Spoke with Martha and she was a doll :)

Hope you all get the same good news :)

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOHOOOOOOOO! :) I interviewed on 10/6/11.

I also had a pending admission elsewhere and found out via phone :) Spoke with Martha and she was a doll :)

Hope you all get the same good news :)

congrats man...hey in my slew of excitement, I probably shut off the old ears while Martha was explaining the details, but did she say the letters went out yesterday too?

congrats man...hey in my slew of excitement, I probably shut off the old ears while Martha was explaining the details, but did she say the letters went out yesterday too?

She said the letters would go out today or tomorrow