Western/COMP Lebanon Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was wondering if your status in their online portal system ever changes? Mine has said 'Complete ready for Review' for awhile now...do they meet on a certain day to review applications and decide interviews/rejections?

Thanks!

i have an interview on the 6th and mine still says complete and ready for review, so don't obsess over checking it. But if you get a phone call from an unknown 541 number...you should definitely answer it!

Members don't see this ad.

I am getting so excited for Nov. 6! It's my first interview so far which makes it all the more nerve-racking (and yes, I know I shouldn't be nervous but I can't help it!)

Anyone inquired or heard when letters regarding accceptance are being mailed out from the Oct 9th interview. I know they said 3-4 weeks but I hate not knowing everytime I go to the mailbox;-)

Just curious if anyone heard anything.. I was thinking maybe they would be going out soon...

No info here, but honestly I wouldn't expect them until next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am getting so excited for Nov. 6! It's my first interview so far which makes it all the more nerve-racking (and yes, I know I shouldn't be nervous but I can't help it!)

oh my gosh me too...i just got my second invite today for lecom-B but it's not til FEBRUARY! i feel like so much is riding on next saturday because i really want to go to western. i think it's good to be nervous...it keeps you on your toes and shows that this is really important to you

I'm also interviewing on the 6th. I called yesterday to reserve a room at the Phoenix Inn and the guy I talked to didn't want to give me the $70 a night rate. He said even though I was interviewing at Western, the best they could do was around $115. After being put on hold for quite a while, he finally said that $70 would be fine. It made me feel like I was getting a great deal, even though that is the established rate.

I'm flying into PDX around 6. Couldn't get a flight out on Sat. so I'm staying another night and leaving Sunday morning. Anyone else in the same boat?
I called and mentioned the school, and that I had AAA and they said the best they could do was $125
I will be calling back!!! especially since I could stay at another place for a third of that.

I called and mentioned the school, and that I had AAA and they said the best they could do was $125
I will be calling back!!! especially since I could stay at another place for a third of that.

That is so very strange. I don't know if AAA adds an additional discount... All I did was state I had an interview at "Western University College of Osteopahic Medicine (left out of the Pacific)." And they just reserved my room at $70. Hmmmm...
I know that usually hotel rates go up about this time of year, but not with our discounts!

For all of those wondering, the committee is meeting today to finalize the list of accepted applicants. The letters are still on scheduled to go out in the beginning of November. Just another week or so and we will know if we are part of COMP-PNW inaugural class. :luck::xf: to all of you, and to myself of course.

That is so very strange. I don't know if AAA adds an additional discount... All I did was state I had an interview at "Western University College of Osteopahic Medicine (left out of the Pacific)." And they just reserved my room at $70. Hmmmm...
I know that usually hotel rates go up about this time of year, but not with our discounts!

I agree, that is weird! I never had to mention the entire name of the school. I simply asked for the Western University interview candidate rate. Try again, and if that doesn't work, ask for a manager

For all of those wondering, the committee is meeting today to finalize the list of accepted applicants. The letters are still on scheduled to go out in the beginning of November. Just another week or so and we will know if we are part of COMP-PNW inaugural class. :luck::xf: to all of you, and to myself of course.

Thanks for checking with them! I figured the committee would need another week if they were reading through our files. I am anxiously awaiting next week :luck:

Hey James! :luck: to you too! How do you find out about this inside info? Haha are you secretly working for them?
I can't wait too much longer, I practically stand by my mailbox everyday JUST in case.

Hey James! :luck: to you too! How do you find out about this inside info? Haha are you secretly working for them?
I can't wait too much longer, I practically stand by my mailbox everyday JUST in case.

I have a bug in their office. Muhahahaha *ahem*

I have another interview it looks like I have to attend to at least draw my attention away from this letter over the weekend. I just hope there is a big fat envelope from COMP in my mailbox when I return. That, or money, it could be filled with money... OR BOTH!! ...sigh... I'm going crazy!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks James for the info, it's much appreciated. Good Luck everyone:xf:

So I called today to find out my status due to pending interviews, etc. Heartrendingly enough, I found out I'm an alternate... Good news for you guys though! lol I'm going to go cry in a corner now.

Hang in there :) There's other schools, I found out I was wait listed at one school today.

So I called today to find out my status due to pending interviews, etc. Heartrendingly enough, I found out I'm an alternate... Good news for you guys though! lol I'm going to go cry in a corner now.

If you don't mind me asking....are you from the Pacific Northwest? What are your MCAT/GPA?

Ah man! Sorry to hear :( I wonder if they were exta stringent... You're down but you're not out bro. Although it stings, alternate does not equal rejected

I just cant keep waiting anymore. I hope we get letters this week. I was in the first interview group. Sorry to hear about the alternate James. I am not calling even though i have two interviews nest week. Just waiting to see the letter.
Good luck!!!

For those who have interviewed in the first round checked the status on western's status site? I am kinda hesitant to see if they have posted our results at the same time as sending our letters. :confused:

For those who have interviewed in the first round checked the status on western's status site? I am kinda hesitant to see if they have posted our results at the same time as sending our letters. :confused:

I checked and the status still says ready for review. I am thinking they will send out the letters today so we will hopefully hear this week. Good luck to everyone from the first group!

I checked and the status still says ready for review. I am thinking they will send out the letters today so we will hopefully hear this week. Good luck to everyone from the first group!

Good luck to you too! :luck:

Oh man that was intense!!! :scared:
I went onto Western's status website to see if they had updated anything in regards to their decision, and oh boy I got a rush of adrenaline when I clicked the link....
But no, the website doesn't reflect the decision. I guess I will truly have to wait for the letter :( I REALLYYYYY hope it's good news :D

Letters should be coming this week, good luck everyone.

Why do I have to live so far away? I wish I could receive the letter sooner :( lol :xf:

OK I just got a call from Jess saying I was accepted and that my letter is going out today. Holy cow am I hallucinating? Can this really be???!?!?!?

Woo HOOOOOO

My head is spinning.

Comp NW C/O 2015 here I come!!!

Im guessing some of others should be receiving calls too.. Good Luck!:)

I just got the call!!! Class of 2015 :) I cant believe it I am so happy right now :D

I got in as well!!! I called in the morning because I had another interview on Friday, and they told me after I sent them the email for the interview invite. Then about an hour later Jess called me as well.

So they may be calling others.

Good luck to everyone.

Just got my acceptance call. I'm so excited! Congrats to everybody else who got in, can't wait to meet everybody!

Congrats on the acceptances guys, first acceptances of the first class leading the way!!!

Accepted. This is amazing. I interviewed at Oregon, but i indicated Pomona as first choice, so i have been accepted to the SoCal campus.

Congrats to everybody, this school seems to be solid.

Good luck!!!!

:):):)

Accepted. This is amazing. I interviewed at Oregon, but i indicated Pomona as first choice, so i have been accepted to the SoCal campus.

Congrats to everybody, this school seems to be solid.

Good luck!!!!

:):):)

you should tell the boys in the pomona campus thread. :p

I just started a thread in the med students forum for comp-nw lebanon c/o 2015. Im excited to meet my future classmates. Should be awesome for the 1st year it will only be us 100 on campus.

Ok good, there's still hope! (Congrats to those of you who were already accepted!) I was getting worried about the fact that I had not received a call from WesternU this morning. So I called up the admissions staff to see if not having been called indicated that I wasn't accepted. The officer told me that it was probably due to students requesting their status early because of pending decisions! Phew:thumbup: She wasn't sure what part of the week the letters were going to be sent out either :(

Just checked my messages and got a call from Jen!!! Whoohoo!!!:D I'm so excited about Oregon

I think a few applicants, including me tried to post how our interviews went if you want to look back through the thread. Basically they give you all the basic info in a conference room in the hospital, then for the interviews you each have your own panel of interviewers consisting of professionals from every part of the field. The interviewers are absolutely awesome and the interviews are not bad at all. A surprise on a question maybe, but not hard.

So we will get to hear all about the school and curriculum before our interviews then? Are the bus tours set up for after the interviews or before?

Getting a bit nervous and excited for Nov 6th- how's everyone else doing?

So everyone with phone acceptances: did all of you have pending interviews or acceptances with close deposit deadlines? Because I was under the impression from Suzanne the admissions counselor that acceptances would only be notified via US mail unless you have a pending interview or acceptance.

I don't know about the others, and their acceptances. I had a pending interview at PNWU on Nov. 5th.

So we will get to hear all about the school and curriculum before our interviews then? Are the bus tours set up for after the interviews or before?

Getting a bit nervous and excited for Nov 6th- how's everyone else doing?

Most of the information is given before the interviews. There was an information session, curriculum and then lunch with current students. Interviews were after lunch. Half the the people interviewed while half took the bus tour, then the groups switched, so your interview could be before or after the bus tour.

So everyone with phone acceptances: did all of you have pending interviews or acceptances with close deposit deadlines? Because I was under the impression from Suzanne the admissions counselor that acceptances would only be notified via US mail unless you have a pending interview or acceptance.

Yes we were told that we would be notified by the US mail. I never called once to find out the decision early. I had a call from a very strange number that i didn't even anwser (It doesn't even look like a US number on my cell phone). The message said Congrats and your paperwork will come within fews days. I hope it was real. LOL

Good Luck!!!

The way I see it .... Jess is calling everyone accepted. This is not done at the Pamona campus so the advisers there might tell you differently then what Jess (Lebanon campus specific) will actually do. Who wouldn't want to call somebody and tell them that all their hard work paid off and that they received an amazing opportunity to attend western? lol

Getting excited for Saturday! Congrats on all of the acceptances!
Anyone still up for meeting up for dinner on Friday?

I just got a call, I didn't tell them about my other pending interviews. I think the committee likes to call people, just like calling to set up an interview, it is a little more personal. They said they would send out the paperwork later this week.

For those of you that have received your acceptance calls, has your banweb status changed at all?

WOOOOOHOOOO!!! I just the call from Jess!! Western here I come!!!!

Getting excited for Saturday! Congrats on all of the acceptances!
Anyone still up for meeting up for dinner on Friday?

Absolutely, lets all grab a bite to eat friday night. There's a Sizzler down the street from the Phoenix Inn. There's also a Denny's right next door if you guys are on a budget. What do you guys think??