Western Michigan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gymnastau

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there accepted to Western Michigan? I was accepted to the Kalamazoo campus and am trying to learn more about possible future classmates and the program.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!
I was just curious as to your stats if you don't mind sharing.
I applied to WMU's program last year and I was sadly denied :(
I'm going to reapply in February 2014 again and hope for the best. I'm also planning on applying to GVSU and Wayne State this time around but I'm really hoping for Western!

My stats are:
Major: Interdisciplinary Health Science with a minor in Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.3
Last 60: 3.85
Prereq: 3.85

As of now I have 20 observation hours in pediatrics, 20 in inpatient rehabilitation at a hospital and 20 in an vision rehabilitation center. I'm planning on getting at least 60 more over the course of the summer.

WMU's application has an entire section on research courses and experience. As of now I have no experience with research programs, I wonder if that's going to be a deciding factor on whether or not I get into the program?

Do you think my stats are competitive enough? It seems like everyone applying has great stats! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
How are you liking the program so far?

Hello!
I was just curious as to your stats if you don't mind sharing.
I applied to WMU's program last year and I was sadly denied :(
I'm going to reapply in February 2014 again and hope for the best. I'm also planning on applying to GVSU and Wayne State this time around but I'm really hoping for Western!

My stats are:
Major: Interdisciplinary Health Science with a minor in Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.3
Last 60: 3.85
Prereq: 3.85

As of now I have 20 observation hours in pediatrics, 20 in inpatient rehabilitation at a hospital and 20 in an vision rehabilitation center. I'm planning on getting at least 60 more over the course of the summer.

WMU's application has an entire section on research courses and experience. As of now I have no experience with research programs, I wonder if that's going to be a deciding factor on whether or not I get into the program?

Do you think my stats are competitive enough? It seems like everyone applying has great stats! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
How are you liking the program so far?

Hello! i am not sure if you still check this site, but I am hoping to get some feedback from you as I will be applying this year. Do you know the reviews you received on your observation experiences? I have very similar benchmarks (major in IHS from WMU and same overall GPA) BUT my last 60 is 3.57, which I am so worried about.

Thank you!