Western New England College School of Pharmacy Class of 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Temple10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
WNEC Pharmacy Class of 2015

apartments
dorms
need roommates
random questions????

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
...another school I've never heard of.

It's like one pops up every week.

WNEC is in west Mass and is just opening its pharmacy school. I know absolutely nothing about it other than that, and it's only about an hour from where I grew up. I do know that a lot of last year's jobs in the CT/MA area were in west Mass, so at one point the area probably had few pharmacists.

wait, is this different from Univ. of New England? new england something....hmm

Well... it's a four-year program (as opposed to the two 0-6 and one 3-year accelerated programs in MA) and its initial class size (~70) will be less than 1/4 the size of a typical MCPHS Boston P1 class.

wait, is this different from Univ. of New England? new england something....hmm

WNEC is in Springfield, MA. UNE is in Portland, ME.

WNEC will have an interesting time getting rotation sites. The main hospital there already has an affiliation with MCPHS.

WNEC is in Springfield, MA. UNE is in Portland, ME.

WNEC will have an interesting time getting rotation sites. The main hospital there already has an affiliation with MCPHS.

Baystate? They take UConn students for some rotations also. My old roommate had a rotation there, she loved working with MCP and NU students.

Baystate? They take UConn students for some rotations also. My old roommate had a rotation there, she loved working with MCP and NU students.

Yup, the pharmacist there seem pretty resistant against taking students from this school. The clinical director said "We already have strong ties to UCONN and MCP, why would we need to cut those ties for this new school, as we can only take so many students each yr?" I know some MCP professors use Baystate as their practice site already.

I might apply there and go for a second pharmd.

But do you have the calculus requirement fulfilled? I would wait until the previous poster's question is answered before you get your hopes up.

My undergrad biochem major required 3 semesters of calc.... gotta love triple integration to spin and find the volume of irregular shaped functions.

But what if my preceptor is an employee of ours who reports to me.....can I threaten em for a good grade?

My undergrad biochem major required 3 semesters of calc.... gotta love triple integration to spin and find the volume of irregular shaped functions.

All I know about calculus is that I can design the most size-efficient chicken coop for a farmer who insists on an octagon on a tight budget.

But what if my preceptor is an employee of ours who reports to me.....can I threaten em for a good grade?

I'm sure you could temporarily resign to prevent that conflict of interest. You can also take your classmates on as a preceptor for a management rotation, that could be fun.

All I know about calculus is that I can design the most size-efficient chicken coop for a farmer who insists on an octagon on a tight budget.

I'm sure you could temporarily resign to prevent that conflict of interest. You can also take your classmates on as a preceptor for a management rotation, that could be fun.

We did that in Trig. As for Calc, I remember using varius techniques to integrate irregular series. That was fun.