Western New England University COP (WNEC) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freshnewkicks

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd start a new thread for the new cycle. Anybody else applying here?

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be interviewing very shortly! Anyone else have one lined up soon? Anyone already have one?

I got an interview invitation as well. But I am trying to postpone mine because I have other interviews already lined up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just bumping, anyone hear decisions from the 11/4 interview?

I was interviewed on 11/3 and was just notified by phone that I was accepted!

Hi guys,

I have an interview coming up for this school. Any suggestions/tips?

Thanks

hey i'm trying to decide if i should make the 7 hour drive to this school for an interview december 1st. is the area nice around this school? is it in the city? close to boston? I've been accepted to st. john fisher pharmacy school which is close to where i live, but i want to move away lol. just want to know if i'm missing out on a great school in a great location. Thanks so much!!!

hey i'm trying to decide if i should make the 7 hour drive to this school for an interview december 1st. is the area nice around this school? is it in the city? close to boston? I've been accepted to st. john fisher pharmacy school which is close to where i live, but i want to move away lol. just want to know if i'm missing out on a great school in a great location. Thanks so much!!!

Hey! Well I when I went last year there was basically 2 sides of the campus one kind of scary looking neighbourhood, which has a high school and the student there were just so creepy looking (no offence to anyone) but when I went to dunkin donuts and ordered a bagel and one of the high school students grabbed it and ran off! Haha. But the other side of campus is pretty decent. Its a huge school, but they have the pharmacy building separate near the end of campus. Overall the neighbourhood is okay- more on the scary side in my opinion, and I live in NYC so I'm "supposedly" exposed to this lol. But you should def do to the interview and see for urself! Its a good experience

Hey! Well I when I went last year there was basically 2 sides of the campus one kind of scary looking neighbourhood, which has a high school and the student there were just so creepy looking (no offence to anyone) but when I went to dunkin donuts and ordered a bagel and one of the high school students grabbed it and ran off! Haha. But the other side of campus is pretty decent. Its a huge school, but they have the pharmacy building separate near the end of campus. Overall the neighbourhood is okay- more on the scary side in my opinion, and I live in NYC so I'm "supposedly" exposed to this lol. But you should def do to the interview and see for urself! Its a good experience

Yikes! I was trying to postpone my interview to a different date but I never received a response. I finally just withdrew my app and got an immediate response to that, oh well. Good luck to everyone pursuing this school. It seems to be on the right path.

Hey! Well I when I went last year there was basically 2 sides of the campus one kind of scary looking neighbourhood, which has a high school and the student there were just so creepy looking (no offence to anyone) but when I went to dunkin donuts and ordered a bagel and one of the high school students grabbed it and ran off!

I just received an interview invite for January 3rd!!! VERY excited since this is my first interview so far :) For the people who have already interviewed / been accepted: what was the interview like? I know from the past year threads that there is an essay and the about a 30 minutes interview with two faculty members.

Any advice and/or additional info would be greatly appreciated!

Also the area the campus doesn't sound that safe lol but can someone elaborate on this aspect of the campus as well? Thanks!!

Interviewed 12/01...accepted 12/14!! Anyone else from the 12/01 interviews hear back??

Got my interview invite for January 3rd! I can hardly wait!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had the january 5th interview.....and I got accepted!!!! You? Or anyone else got accepted?

submitted my application 2-3 weeks ago. Still haven't heard anything yet. for those got accepted what was your stats?

Goodluck to all those that have an interview today.....i hope you guys get in....because there is not a lot of people on this Forum

did an interview 2/28/12 at wnec now the excruciating 2 week wait period until march 7th! did anybody else get aninterview that day? whats the outlook? i applied so darn late in the application process i hope i get in

Dont worry I applied prob later than you & am interviewing on march 13th. Part of me is still extremely grateful to get an interview and the other is a mix of excitement/nervousness ah

Anyone hear back up or down that was expecting to hear back on March 7th?

Anyone hear back up or down that was expecting to hear back on March 7th?

I got my call on the 7th just like the Dean said he would...I'm in baby!!
Can't wait for classes to start :)

Hope it works out for you somewhere- you've gotten in a lot of places.

Hi Cleanshirt, Congrats! I see that you got accepted at several schools...do you mind sharing your interview experience? I am having an interview very soon. Since this is my first one ever I am so nervous and when I am nervous I tend to speak gibberish hahha. Please help!

Just try to relax and be yourself. Everyone there is really nice, and my interviewers were great. And definitely don't let the fact that Dean Spooner strongly resembles the dean on Community throw you.

anyone submit their second deposit yet?

Nah...it's not due until May 15(?); might as well keep it in the bank until then and make ~20 cents interest!

Just try to relax and be yourself. Everyone there is really nice, and my interviewers were great. And definitely don't let the fact that Dean Spooner strongly resembles the dean on Community throw you.

Yeah- a look alike. Hopefully he's smarter than Dean Pelton is.:laugh:

Nope, who/which one are you?

Hi
I havent received anything from Western. My interview was 03/13. I called them and they said i would receive on Wed or thurs. But till now, I havent received anythin. Y they didnt send me a reject letter?

Hi
I havent received anything from Western. My interview was 03/13. I called them and they said i would receive on Wed or thurs. But till now, I havent received anythin. Y they didnt send me a reject letter?

Hmmm..i dont know :-/ if you haven't received it yet, try calling them. They should at least tell you whether or not you have a letter coming.

Guys please share some tips I'm really nervous, I have interview tomorrow

Hi my interview is also tomm, see you there GOODLUCK!

I also declined my acceptance. Good luck to everyone interviewing!!

Hi

Hmmm idk but try calling bonnie to check on the status of ur app. Did they contact you by now?

Nope, they didnt give me any response.

Def call & email. You deserve to know. You put in time, $$, & effort into this school. So even if you aren't accepted you deserve a response. I can't get a hold of another school I applied to- emailed, called, left vm's, nothing. Such bad rapport & manners im glad I didnt interview or get accepted there. I don't want to attend a school that handles their admissions like that.

Def call & email. You deserve to know. You put in time, $$, & effort into this school. So even if you aren't accepted you deserve a response. I can't get a hold of another school I applied to- emailed, called, left vm's, nothing. Such bad rapport & manners im glad I didnt interview or get accepted there. I don't want to attend a school that handles their admissions like that.

Thats the thing that i thought last week. I wanna call them and tell them

Just sent in deposit #2.

Crud. I just noticed that orientation is the same week as I was going to go to Montreal for vacation. Good thing I was planning to drive instead of flying- I would have been out a few bucks :)

What is everybody doing for housing? On Campus or Off Campus?

I have been put on the wait list, so I am just curious, has anyone else been put on the wait list? I'm really hoping I get in!!!

My second deposit was received now I need to focus on finding off campus housing and roommates.

Yaay I am in :D

Now looking for off campus housing. Any suggestions?