Western the most expensive pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shakeitfast

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know Western just bumped up thier tuition to 34k a year, is there a school out there more expensive? I can't imagine paying more than 136k on tuition alone.

What do you guys think the chances are of the c/o 2010 eventually paying 40k before they leave? Guess some dreams are expensive

Members don't see this ad.

Shakeitfast said:
I know Western just bumped up thier tuition to 34k a year, is there a school out there more expensive? I can't imagine paying more than 136k on tuition alone.

What do you guys think the chances are of the c/o 2010 eventually paying 40k before they leave? Guess some dreams are expensive

:eek: Yes, it is. Dreaming of becoming a pharmacist really is expensive. By the way, why did they have to increase their tutition like that??? Just curious to know. I didn't apply there, but I have a friend who really want to go western...

When I went to a Pharmacy school open-house at Western back in February, one of the presenters said the tuition increases about 5% a year.

This increase to 34 k seems to be a little more than 5%. Wasn't it 32k last year?

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe that NOVA and Palm Beach Atlantic are way up there too
Like $40 grand a year if I'm correct..VERY EXPENSIVE..especially for out-of-staters like me :(

cosmicstarr said:
When I went to a Pharmacy school open-house at Western back in February, one of the presenters said the tuition increases about 5% a year.

This increase to 34 k seems to be a little more than 5%. Wasn't it 32k last year?

It was 32k at my interview in March....whatever, if its the only place for me to go, I'll pay it of course. Just seems odd they raise it a week after the interviews are over.

Actually, Nova is only $21k/yr for out of staters and $18k/yr for residents.

Alwayzsmilingxo said:
I believe that NOVA and Palm Beach Atlantic are way up there too
Like $40 grand a year if I'm correct..VERY EXPENSIVE..especially for out-of-staters like me :(

Csillag said:
Actually, Nova is only $21k/yr for out of staters and $18k/yr for residents.

I think the $40k a year i saw in the book that came with the supplemental app. was the $21K a year plus the like $14k room and board and then other expenses...maybe i misinterpreted it

South was 34K a year when I went to the interview, and they will bump it up 4-6%. :scared:

Alwayzsmilingxo said:
I think the $40k a year i saw in the book that came with the supplemental app. was the $21K a year plus the like $14k room and board and then other expenses...maybe i misinterpreted it

We are talking the tuition only. MCPHS-Worcester is also $34k a year now and they raised about 5~6% from the last year.

imkim01 said:
We are talking the tuition only. MCPHS-Worcester is also $34k a year now and they raised about 5~6% from the last year.

Thank GOD it's only 3 years. Phew.

UOP ~$41K/year (3 year school), tuition only... I don't know if they will be rasing it this year though.

ICA said:
UOP ~$41K/year (3 year school), tuition only... I don't know if they will be rasing it this year though.

But the third year is only 26K for UOP. Western does not adjust for rotations.

Oh yeah, you're right- that's our "budget" to work with, as they called it... I'll be going to Nova & will easily come out oweing $200k when I finish... :wow:

Alwayzsmilingxo said: