Western University Fall 2014 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bailey24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
12 years pharmacy experience
3 good LOR
BS in kinesiology

Can anyone help shed some light on my chances and share some stats

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!! I gonna apply to this school too. Good luck to us!!

I think your overall GPA is a bit lower than their minimum GPA for consideration (2.75 for both overall and science). You should try to bring your GPA up a little by taking few classes over the summer, which I think would help a lot.

By the way, your 12 years of pharmacy experience is amazing. Good luck!!

Hey guys,

I applied last year but for reasons beyond my control, I had to defer (at the last minute :( ). There was really an awesome batch of students this year and I only hope those who get in next yr are just as awesome!

So as soon as the application is available,start getting everything in!

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone hear anything back yet?

Nope nothing yet, I believe they start inviting in November.

Does anyone know if western takes repeated courses into consideration at all? Or is the repeated course chart for something else? :confused:

I just got an e-mail today for an interview on Nov. 9th!

Congrats! Would you mind letting me know when you submitted everything? I'm getting a bit antsy myself :scared:

Congrats! Would you mind letting me know when you submitted everything? I'm getting a bit antsy myself :scared:
Thanks!
I submitted my pharmcas application on 9/8. I sent the secondary application around the same day. They have been sending me e-mails telling me that they received my application and is ready for evaluation. But I didn't expect an interview e-mail this soon.

Good luck to you and I hope you hear from them soon!

congrats! what are your stats?
Thanks!

Science GPA: 3.27
Non Science: 3.69
Math: 3.88
Overall: 3.42

I worked at my college as a supplemental instructor for 2 years
I volunteered for an internship at a community hospital for about 2 years as well.
Member of Pre-pharmacy club
I took the PCAT but I don't think they look at it.

Received an e-mail yesterday for an interview invitation on November 9th.

Me2. Did they really have to schedule the interview on the same day as USC's interview? I haven't heard back from USC yet but we have to commit to Western's interview before we'll hear back. I'm in a pickle...

Me2. Did they really have to schedule the interview on the same day as USC's interview? I haven't heard back from USC yet but we have to commit to Western's interview before we'll hear back. I'm in a pickle...

Yeah I know what you mean, it's really weird. I haven't responded yet, but I don't want to have the last interview for Western. I've been invited to a USC interview before, so I feel like I would have a good chance this year as well.

Let's give it a few days, we'll just have to wait to see if USC sends them out soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

When did you submit your supplemental application to WesternU? I'm hoping to hear back from them.

When u guys submitted the form to confirm your attendance, did Western e-mail you back to confirm as well? Or you haven't submitted the form yet?

Got mine on 11/09 and already confirmed my attendance :oops:

For those who have gotten the interview invitation to Western, can you please share your stats? Thank you.

what's your stats?
I summit my 1st mid of Sep, 2nd mid of October, no response yet.
this is the only pharmacy school I applied, is it too risky????

Did Western e-mail back about your confirmed attendance? Just wondering..
I didn't get any confirmation e-mail. Just an automatic response from the assistant director because she is out of the office..I didn't get any confirmation from the google doc either

Last edited:
anyone know whether Westernu includes graduate coursework when they calculate GPA? any of you have graduate GPA? counted or not? one of the counselor said yes, another said no, and I am confused.

thanks.

About early August, late July. I forgot exactly
When you submitted your supplmenetal application did you get an email confirmation? I didn't receive any automated email once I submitted my application. I'm worried.

Also, in the application summary when I sign in, there is nothing under the "application data". Is this how everyone's is??????? PLEASE HELP!!!

anyone know whether Westernu includes graduate coursework when they calculate GPA? any of you have graduate GPA? counted or not? one of the counselor said yes, another said no, and I am confused.

thanks.
I would think graduate coursework would be calculated differently, as it's own gpa. I don't think it would be considered into your undergraduate gpa. I would assume if your graduate gpa is higher than your undergraduate gpa, it should help you!!! =)

Nope nothing yet, I believe they start inviting in November.

Does anyone know if western takes repeated courses into consideration at all? Or is the repeated course chart for something else? :confused:
They take the highest grade

for those of you who have gotten an interview in november, how long did it take for you to get a response/invitation after you submitted your supplemental application? I submitted my supplemental around mid september and I havent heard back from them yet...i've heard they take a long time to respond.

for those of you who have gotten an interview in november, how long did it take for you to get a response/invitation after you submitted your supplemental application? I submitted my supplemental around mid september and I havent heard back from them yet...i've heard they take a long time to respond.

I turned in my supplemental in mid-September and got an invite in early October

When you submitted your supplmenetal application did you get an email confirmation? I didn't receive any automated email once I submitted my application. I'm worried.

Also, in the application summary when I sign in, there is nothing under the "application data". Is this how everyone's is??????? PLEASE HELP!!!
That means either they didn't receive it, or they didn't pass it to admission counselor. I submitted mine late Sep, and it took long time to get response from then but i was told that they didn't receive enough information. I resubmit immediately and again it took them a long time to process it. They must be very busy now.
I suggest you call the counselor directly, and they can check your profile to see what's going on.

Did anyone get an email saying that they need to fill out a course in progress paper and snail mail it to the admission office? I sent in it 1.5 weeks ago but I have no idea where to check if it's received :(

Did anyone get an email saying that they need to fill out a course in progress paper and snail mail it to the admission office? I sent in it 1.5 weeks ago but I have no idea where to check if it's received :(

on the e-mail they should have a link that says visit banweb to check the status of your application and that's where I saw I was missing things as well

Do you mention about pre-requesite course work paper? If so, it is part of the supplemental supplemental material. Unless specially requested, you need to send the document to EDS through email or fax. It will take them a while to process it and they will send you an email to inform you that they received it. The next step is from admission office, which will email you that your profile is ready for evaluation.
I suggest you log in your account (the supplemental essay submission account) to check the status. It will be listed there if they are received and processed.
Hope it helps and good luck.

Do you mention about pre-requesite course work paper? If so, it is part of the supplemental supplemental material. Unless specially requested, you need to send the document to EDS through email or fax. It will take them a while to process it and they will send you an email to inform you that they received it. The next step is from admission office, which will email you that your profile is ready for evaluation.
I suggest you log in your account (the supplemental essay submission account) to check the status. It will be listed there if they are received and processed.
Hope it helps and good luck.
Nope, I actually turned the pre-requisite worksheet already. They followed up with me through an email, saying that some of my courses don't count as pre-requisites and that I need to submit a course-in-progress worksheet but via snail mail. I've emailed them to check but no reply and they don't seem to pick up the phone either :/ I'll just email the form to EDS to be sure. Thanks though

Reactions: 1 user
I got interview invitation today. yeah!
Congrats on the interview!!! I tried contacting their office today, but looks like they're majorly busy.... I do have my receipt of the supplemental which the payment went through. So the application should have gone through as well right?

Nope, I actually turned the pre-requisite worksheet already. They followed up with me through an email, saying that some of my courses don't count as pre-requisites and that I need to submit a course-in-progress worksheet but via snail mail. I've emailed them to check but no reply and they don't seem to pick up the phone either :/ I'll just email the form to EDS to be sure. Thanks though
I think you have to follow their approval pre-requisite classes.
I attach the link here, and find your school, and look at if the pre-requisite classes you took were on the list. If not, you better take it somewhere approval. Meanwhile list course-in-progress, and course-in plan along with the finished coursework on the same worksheet, and send to them. Make sure you will finish every course by the end of spring semester. Good luck.
http://wsprod.westernu.edu/wu/admn_prerequisite/cw_view/index.jsp?DEPT_NAME=Pharm

Congrats on the interview!!! I tried contacting their office today, but looks like they're majorly busy.... I do have my receipt of the supplemental which the payment went through. So the application should have gone through as well right?
The admission office conselors are all very nice. You can call the conselor assigned to you (by your last name), or any other one, and I am sure they will help you. The receipt means you paid for it, doesn't mean all the supplemental material have been reviewed by the conselor. I myself was requested to provide more information. Eventually there will be a conselor mail saying "Your file is ready for evaluation by the department. After your file has been evaluated, you will be contacted by phone or receive a letter regarding your status". At this stage, you just need to wait for the interview invitation. Before you received that particular email, your profile should be still there pending.
That's my experience from my application for your reference. I think the conselor has the best answer about the whole process. Good luck.

This means your profile has not been reviewed yet. If it is more than two weeks since you submitted your application, I suggest you call them, just in case.

be careful, I submitted my files way early and received a confirmation email that said your file has been received,
but after 1/5 month I called the admission office, and my file was not there so I submitted the file again to my consular at WU directly.
See you guys on Nov 9th, good luck :)

Anyone interview with an older gentleman today?

We will have P1 student here to help to answer questions. Those who have any question regarding the application, say it, then they will show up to help.

I was interviewed by a young lady, its funny nobody remember interviewer names :)

I had my interview with Dr. Emmanuelle Schwartzman and Erica (Yoo?) P3 at 8:15.

Erica talked about her job at the hospital working in outpatient care, and Dr. Schwartzman talked about being in charge of a clinical intern program in ambulatory care. They were both super nice and very informative. :woot: I was just a bit nervous in the beginning, but I hope I was able to prove to them that I genuinely want to be a WesternU student! Crossing my fingers over these next few weeks!! Good luck to everyone!

Hmm it was either dr. klotz or dr Murray. Didn't have my glasses they have similar build or at least I think.

Last edited:
Anyone know when they will notify candidates for the second interview :laugh:?

Just wanna let you guys know that they sent out invitations for the December interview:)

hey guys so i faxed them my prereq sheet on 11/1 and under application summary it says received on 11/8. does this mean i still made the deadline? so far i have received one email saying my supplemental was received and another saying my pharmcas application was received. also under application status it says application materials received.