Western University Fall 2014 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've recieved an email from them last Friday saying that my requirement course for Biochemistry is not met ;(( I've been asked to take a molecular biology course to fulfill the requirement. I honestly wasn't aware that my Biochemitry was a 4 unit course instead of 5 unit as listed.

Unfortunately, my school doesn't offer Molecular Biology, and my counselor told me that the course is only offered by 4 year colleges. I am currently a sophomore at a community college, so I am not be able to take classes in any junior colleges ;((( . Does anyone know any 2 year colleges where offer either Biochemistry (5 units) or Molecular Biology?

If I do not summit the course planning/processing by 1/24, then it would be an end for me in this cycle T.T
You should look at western's course database and look up schools in your area that offer it.

Hopefully it works out!!

Members don't see this ad.

I've recieved an email from them last Friday saying that my requirement course for Biochemistry is not met ;(( I've been asked to take a molecular biology course to fulfill the requirement. I honestly wasn't aware that my Biochemitry was a 4 unit course instead of 5 unit as listed.

Unfortunately, my school doesn't offer Molecular Biology, and my counselor told me that the course is only offered by 4 year colleges. I am currently a sophomore at a community college, so I am not be able to take classes in any junior colleges ;((( . Does anyone know any 2 year colleges where offer either Biochemistry (5 units) or Molecular Biology?

If I do not summit the course planning/processing by 1/24, then it would be an end for me in this cycle T.T
If you are living in Southern California, Saddlebakc College is offering BIO3C which is 5 units and has been qualified by WesternU. They offer it once a year in spring semester and it is to start this Wednesday. It is full and I guess many people are on the waiting list already, but you can always talk to the professor with your acceptance letter. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
sac city college also offers molecular biology (biol 402)

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview for this school and Feb 1 is the last interview date they are offering? any ways I can prepare for the interview I am from Ohio.

I got an interview for this school and Feb 1 is the last interview date they are offering? any ways I can prepare for the interview I am from Ohio.
Wow ohio!! You're def coming a long way!! I'm also interviewing the 1st. But I'm a Southern California native. I'm really excited to be interviewing here!! :) see you in a few weeks! Good luck!!

Also interviewed on Dec 14 and received an acceptance email on Jan 14 from Daniell. Got the actual letter today. Definitely excited as it was my first choice...Good Luck to everyone waiting!

I applied the last day, received a "application under review" email about 2 weeks ago. Haven't heard from them since, called them up and they said to just wait it out. The last interview date is already coming up a week from today.. I'm a little worried considering i've heard nothing, constantly checking junk mail / regular inbox. I hope they either add an interview day or tell me to come on the 1st... supposedly no news is better than some news, eh?

For those who haven't heard anything, don't lose hope. I read old threads from 2012 and 2013 cycle, Western had additional interview dates ( usually on March with a smaller group ). I am not sure if it was for international applicants only or not. But from what I read that there was someone who was regular applicants got interview on that day. So hang on there, guys.

I recieved an email from Elaine saying my application was ready for committee review last Friday, and I've anxiously checked my phone and email day and night expecting some news.

I hope this news would calm ur nerve as I'm trying to calm mine ;((

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/western-university-of-health-sciences.946257/page-6

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2016-western-university-of-health-science.858213/page-18

Last edited:
I just spoke to Ms. Julie Smith, and she said there weren't any additional interview dates that she is aware of at this point, but what the previous person said about additional interview date does help me a little.

Anyone else got a bad vibe from the pharmacy students and their interviewer? My interviewers did not seem to want to be there at all. The P3 student looked very disinterested and I think she rolled her eyes once when she had to ask a question. I was also scared I was dragging the interview too long because the professor did not speak English very clearly and sometimes I had to ask him to repeat some things. He told me to stop being nervous in the interview, but I wasn't! I just couldn't clearly understand his English.

The questions were also the trickiest questions I've had compared to other interviews. One of them was something like, "Give me a reason why you would build a clinic next to a CVS." When I gave my reasons, the student still asked "well give me a reason." That threw me off because I gave three reasons... Did everyone else get situational questions only? They gave me all random situational questions and it felt like they were trying to test me.

Also someone else posted something about the students standing around in their cliques while we were waiting to be called out for our interviews. That was somewhat true, but the student that I talked to while I was waiting was very nice and I had a nice conversation with her. However, the conversation with the student was the only nice thing I can say about the interview day. The interview itself was very uncomfortable, but maybe it was just my interview in particular. I was really excited about this school's interview because I know it's a great school.

Anyone else got a bad vibe from the pharmacy students and their interviewer? My interviewers did not seem to want to be there at all. The P3 student looked very disinterested and I think she rolled her eyes once when she had to ask a question. I was also scared I was dragging the interview too long because the professor did not speak English very clearly and sometimes I had to ask him to repeat some things. He told me to stop being nervous in the interview, but I wasn't! I just couldn't clearly understand his English.

The questions were also the trickiest questions I've had compared to other interviews. One of them was something like, "Give me a reason why you would build a clinic next to a CVS." When I gave my reasons, the student still asked "well give me a reason." That threw me off because I gave three reasons... Did everyone else get situational questions only? They gave me all random situational questions and it felt like they were trying to test me.

Also someone else posted something about the students standing around in their cliques while we were waiting to be called out for our interviews. That was somewhat true, but the student that I talked to while I was waiting was very nice and I had a nice conversation with her. However, the conversation with the student was the only nice thing I can say about the interview day. The interview itself was very uncomfortable, but maybe it was just my interview in particular. I was really excited about this school's interview because I know it's a great school.
My interview is tomorrow and I'm really nervous!!! I thought the questions were behavioral based? Not situations? And when they asked you about the clinic next to CVS... They meant like a hospital clinic right?

For the clinic thing, they just said clinic. He might've meant to say minute clinic since he said it was about CVS. And yeah they are behavioral. I guess what I meant was that they gave some situations and asked what I would do in that situation and why. Don't worry! Even though that was my honest opinion about the interview, I may be biased because it was the first interview where I felt I did poorly. I think there are other people who said the interview was easy.

Members don't see this ad :)
February 1st, so nervous. On the email it's said that this might be the last interview. This might mean my chances won't be as good since my grades suck and they probably accepted a lot of people already. Sad and scared...
Don't worry they I interview until AprilApril

I had a great experience during the interview on Feb 1st. I would say this school is very organized and student-oriented. The interview questions were not hard to answer because they just want you to respond based on your own experience. One of the professors there said currently they have only filled no more than half of their seats in the program. The interview in March will be held for international applicants and few more applicants here at states. Good luck guys!:happy:

Just got an update from Western. I am still on hold. URH, IT SUCKS!!!

when did you interviewed?

I recently interviewed on the 1st! There was so many people there, i was really intimidated to be honest. Everyone seems to be on their game.

As for the interview, the part I enjoyed the most was definitely the interview itself. I did not feel well for the essay or the critical test (wahhh).

There were so many people, 100 at least, therefore I think my chances are not great...

Oh wells,

Hope everyone else is doing great

Just got an update from Western. I am still on hold. URH, IT SUCKS!!!

when did you interviewed?

I recently interviewed on the 1st! There was so many people there, i was really intimidated to be honest. Everyone seems to be on their game.

As for the interview, the part I enjoyed the most was definitely the interview itself. I did not feel well for the essay or the critical test (wahhh).

There were so many people, 100 at least, therefore I think my chances are not great...

Oh wells,

Hope everyone else is doing great
December 14th

There were 151 ppl for 02/01 interview, 94 for the jan interview and ~150 for the first interview.

I spoke with Jenny after the interview and these numbers came up in our discussion. And from the 1st two interviews less than 50% of the seats have been filled for the class of 120 seats (possibly more depending on who they accept). They said they will probably add more seats bc they interviewed over 100 more this year than last yr

WOW thank you for the stat....

thats crazy, i guess my chances are down down down

There were 151 ppl for 02/01 interview, 94 for the jan interview and ~150 for the first interview.

I spoke with Jenny after the interview and these numbers came up in our discussion. And from the 1st two interviews less than 50% of the seats have been filled for the class of 120 seats (possibly more depending on who they accept). They said they will probably add more seats bc they interviewed over 100 more this year than last yr

WOW thank you for the stat....

Thats crazy, i guess my chances are down down down

I don't know much, but I feel since from the first two interviews only less than 50% of the seats have been filled thus far, there might be a big chance for a lot of the students to be accepted from the last interview. Considering it IS their last interview (other than the March interview they'll have for the international students) but even with that, only ~20 seats will be filled. Idk I'm hoping a lot of us from the 3rd interview will be accepted...they said on countless accounts that there seemed to be a lot of talent from our interview...so let's think positive!!! =)

I share your feelings though in thinking my chances are down, just because I feel my interview could have gone better. But as I was speaking with one of the pharmacy students there, he said the interviewers have no say in who gets accepted or not..so I'm not really sure how they play into the acceptances. I know western works based on a "point system" but not really sure how that point system works. I also read earlier that the interview only counts for 30% of the whole "total" (points). But then again, no one can tell for sure how it really works...Any whoooo good luck to those who interviewed on the 1st! (crossing my fingers) :)

wow thank you for the info

I don't know much, but I feel since from the first two interviews only less than 50% of the seats have been filled thus far, there might be a big chance for a lot of the students to be accepted from the last interview. Considering it IS their last interview (other than the March interview they'll have for the international students) but even with that, only ~20 seats will be filled. Idk I'm hoping a lot of us from the 3rd interview will be accepted...they said on countless accounts that there seemed to be a lot of talent from our interview...so let's think positive!!! =)

I share your feelings though in thinking my chances are down, just because I feel my interview could have gone better. But as I was speaking with one of the pharmacy students there, he said the interviewers have no say in who gets accepted or not..so I'm not really sure how they play into the acceptances. I know western works based on a "point system" but not really sure how that point system works. I also read earlier that the interview only counts for 30% of the whole "total" (points). But then again, no one can tell for sure how it really works...Any whoooo good luck to those who interviewed on the 1st! (crossing my fingers) :)

Does anyone know if there's a Facebook group yet for the class of 2018?

Anyone know if there is another interview???
When I went for my interview last week, they said.. at the moment they don't have any interviews planned other than that for the international students (sometime in march). There's always a possibility but considering they've already interviewed over 400 people (100 more than last year) I don't really think they'll have another interview. But this is just my opinion, like I said.. Anything is possible :) good luck!!

Does anyone know if there's a Facebook group yet for the class of 2018?

I was thinking the same thing! lol I don't think anyone has yet. There was a lot less acceptance activity on SDN in comparison to the last few years. I guess there's more of just SDN readers this year?

I was thinking the same thing! lol I don't think anyone has yet. There was a lot less acceptance activity on SDN in comparison to the last few years. I guess there's more of just SDN readers this year?
I definitely agree!!!! I literally check SDN every hour. lol Thank god for the app! haha

Hi, why not we create a group by ourselves instead of waiting?
When I went for my interview last week, they said.. at the moment they don't have any interviews planned other than that for the international students (sometime in march). There's always a possibility but considering they've already interviewed over 400 people (100 more than last year) I don't really think they'll have another interview. But this is just my opinion, like I said.. Anything is possible :) good luck!!
I went for UCSF interview, and they also interviewed more people than past years...I don't know it is good or not. But no matter how many people they interview, at the end of the day, they will still accept a fixed number of the students. Literally more people fly around, more people hold multi-offers, more people put multi-deposit, and more people have to wait for the spot...

Hi, why not we create a group by ourselves instead of waiting?

I went for UCSF interview, and they also interviewed more people than past years...I don't know it is good or not. But no matter how many people they interview, at the end of the day, they will still accept a fixed number of the students. Literally more people fly around, more people hold multi-offers, more people put multi-deposit, and more people have to wait for the spot...
Well idkk that's what the associate dean said, that since there were more interviews, that they would try to add more seats

I interviewed on Dec. 14th and honestly this school was my least favorite interview so far...But I think it was just my personal experience. First, the P3's who were supposed to make us feel welcomed and relaxed came off obnoxious and snobby. When we were in the lecture hall waiting to be interviewed, they seemed to just stay in their little pharmacy cliques so it was confusing if they were there to answer any of our questions about the school or to just call out our names when our interview time was near. Also when I did have the opportunity to finally ask them questions, they answered with sarcastic tones and responses that did not seem genuine. For example, I asked a student why he decided to attend Western over other pharmacy schools and he responded, "Well you're here aren't you? Why don't you answer that question." I was shocked because it was a genuine question and to be honest, it was plain rude. Overall, I got the impression that these students felt like they were above us and we weren't worthy of their time. As for the actual interview, I think I did well, but the interviewers gave off a vibe that they didn't really care for my answers because they were so unresponsive. I don't mind a hard interview at all, but it really just got to the point where I felt I was, again, just wasting their time.

Also the test was torture haha. But we took it at the end of the day and I was already disappointed with the school..I really just wanted to get out of there.

Overall, Western is a wonderful program, but I just don't think it's the right fit for me. But again, this was just my personal experience.

Good luck to everyone!
I had the same feeling :(

Has anyone who interviewed on the 1st heard anything yet?

Has anyone who was put on hold heard anything yet?

I still haven't heard anything from them. Should I contact them for an update?

For those of you that haven't heard do not lose hope. I had pretty much given up all hope of being invited but Western just added an additional interview date on March 8th and I received an invite about an hour ago!!

I also recieved interview invitation on March 8. Finally !!!

Yes, I was put on hold Jan 14 and I just got accepted!!
congrats! did you do anything differently on your app since you were on hold?

Has anyone who was put on hold heard anything yet?
nope...i interviewed on 12/14 and they put me on hold in january. they updated me earlier this month saying they're still putting me on hold...i dont know how long i'll be on hold for...

nope...i interviewed on 12/14 and they put me on hold in january. they updated me earlier this month saying they're still putting me on hold...i dont know how long i'll be on hold for...
I am in your exact same shoes.

Has anyone who interviewed on the 1st heard anything yet?

I also interviewed on Feb. 1st and still haven't heard anything from Western :(
It's almost the 3 week mark!

I just received my acceptance email!! I interviewed on Feb. 1st as well. Check your emails!!

Hey everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I interviewed at western on feb 1st, still no email :/

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they only send out one batch of emails? Or is it possible that some of us will still hear later today or even tomorrow?

I received an acceptance via email at 11:30AM today! I'm from the Feb 1 interview.

However, I will be declining the offer, so congrats to whoever gets my spot :)

Thanks for the info, bruin415. I haven't heard back yet so I have a feeling I'll be put on hold, so I hope I get your spot!

What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?