Western University - Lebanon (COMP) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sounds gooood, would love to check out Oregon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Could any current students give some information about the community outside of school?

Not a current student but I have spent some time in that area. The people of Oregon as a whole are very nice, health conscience, and tend to be left-leaning politically. There are a lot of outdoor activities to do such as hiking, skiing, water sports, etc. The cost of living is pretty typical, not high or low. Get used to not pumping your own gas; it's illegal in Oregon. Overall, a nice place to live.

Could any current students give some information about the community outside of school?

Lebanon is a very small town, not much to do here. But if you drive 30 minutes to an hour you can hit bigger cities, and great places for hiking, skiing/snowboarding. About 2 hours away you hit the coast, which is beautiful. The school is a very close knit community, and we are active participants in the community

Born and raised in Oregon and attended undergrad in Corvallis which is about a 30 minute commute to Lebanon. Lebanon isn't a very exciting town but located central to a lot of great places and outdoor recreational activities. Check out my page on facebook "Exploregon" if your interested in seeing how beautiful the state of Oregon is.

Received secondary for Pomona today and the instructions said that if I applied to both campuses, to go ahead and complete secondary for Lebanon. So I did. Secondary submitted. Good luck everyone!!

Received secondary for Pomona today and the instructions said that if I applied to both campuses, to go ahead and complete secondary for Lebanon. So I did. Secondary submitted. Good luck everyone!!

What were the secondary prompts?

Just received secondary invite!

So I applied to WesternU both Panoma and Lebanon. I received a secondary application, but I have no idea which one it's for.

When I click on the email link it brings me to a page with the secondary application link. After logging on I have to choose either Ponoma or Lebanon. Should I just create 2 accounts, one for each?

I believe that you only need one account and that you can start a second application from there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is Lebanon still considered a satellite campus or has it moved on?

Received a "complete" email this morning that said my file was going to the Northwest Admissions Committee for review!! Woohoo!

I don't think I saved my Pomona secondary answers, which bums me out. Unsure if I will turn in the Lebanon secondary as I will need to write new essays and pay the $65.

Not sure if they would consider a FL resident for Oregon anyway :)

Submitted both Pomona and Northwest today.

Come onnn bigg moneyy!

I keep having this huge fear that I somehow messed up my Northwest secondary. Don't know why.

I posted this in the CA thread. I got an interview invite to CA, but I also applied to the Northwest campus. Is the CA interview for both campuses?

ii call! The young woman that called was very gracious and personable. Looking forward to checking this place out!

ii call! The young woman that called was very gracious and personable. Looking forward to checking this place out!

Got one yesterday also. Unfortunately, I'm already booked for both days she offered.

Hi, congrats to the ones that got ii call.

I got an email said Application Ready for Review‏, how long does it take to get the ii call?

Thanks!

Hi, congrats to the ones that got ii call.

I got an email said Application Ready for Review‏, how long does it take to get the ii call?

Thanks!

Never got a ready for review, got a secondary received on 22 July though.

Can anyone offer some interview tips for this school? Thanks in advance!

What exactly needs to be done to "complete" the application? Mine just says submitted

Last edited:
Can anyone offer some interview tips for this school? Thanks in advance!

Current first year student with four tips.

1. Be yourself (Hopefully you are a good person)
2. Have a good answer for why osteopathic medicine.
3. Look up MMI interview tips.
4. Be yourself

Last edited:
Got a phone call from my favorite person of the week--Miss Jess Rentals, for an interview invite for 9/14/2013. First interview of the cycle and I am very excited.

Looking forward to meeting some of you!

ii! Took Sept 14th. This one surprised me! Stats: Florida res, 3.5s, 3.6c 26. Many EC's, nurse, non-trad.

I am from FL too on the same day! looking forward to meeting you!

Awesome!!! If I get an acceptance at Campbell I will cancel this interview. Lebanon is closer to my husbands family in upper Oregon but there's no where for him to work. This is a great school and I feel blessed to even get an interview!

Awesome!!! If I get an acceptance at Campbell I will cancel this interview. Lebanon is closer to my husbands family in upper Oregon but there's no where for him to work. This is a great school and I feel blessed to even get an interview!

I totally agree with you, I am very grateful to get an II invite! My Campbell interview is at 9/16, did you interview at Campbell already?

I totally agree with you, I am very grateful to get an II invite! My Campbell interview is at 9/16, did you interview at Campbell already?

Had it Monday! Go look in the thread. I gave a very long post on it lol.

Got a phone call from my favorite person of the week--Miss Jess Rentals, for an interview invite for 9/14/2013. First interview of the cycle and I am very excited.

Looking forward to meeting some of you!

did you get a separate secondary invite through email? I see the app on the pomona portal, but wasn't sure if i could complete it w/o an invite

ii call today!

Was offered Sept 14 but had to take Oct 19, which she said was their second interview date.

I applied the first week of July. It still is in processing stage. How long does that take before getting verified and sent to the schools? Feeling anxious. Any thoughts?

What are some things that my make this school worth an extra 10k/yr?

I am interviewing in Lebanon on 9/14 and have been reading up on last year's interviews. It seems that last year there was a pizza dinner the night before the interview for interviewees to casually meet some of the interviewers. I haven't heard of it happening this year. Does anyone have any info about a pizza dinner for this year? Thanks!

Best Birthday present ever: interview invite call this afternoon!! See you all on 9/14.

ii today! The earliest available for me was Oct 19th! Super excited!!!

ii today! The earliest available for me was Oct 19th! Super excited!!!

October 19th for me as well, still trying to decide if I want to fly or endure the drive up from Utah.....

October 19th for me as well, still trying to decide if I want to fly or endure the drive up from Utah.....

Im definitely flying into Portland. Love any chance to visit that city.

Just left a message to cancel my interview on sept 14th. Call mrs. Davis if anyone wants to pick it up

Also about to call and cancel my interview for Sept 14th.

Good luck to all!!

Wow, congrats!!! I am very happy for you!! Best of luck in Campbell!!

Did anyone from last year get accepted to both campuses? I submitted primaries to both, and so far only my northwest secondary. Since the app straight up asks you which campus you prefer I wonder if there is any point to sending my Pomona one as well.

No, the class is technically only one class, you can only apply to 1 and get accepted to 1. Don't submit an application to both campuses, that would be a waste of money