Western University - Lebanon (COMP) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II yesterday! OOS. Scheduled the interview for 12/4, pretty excited about checking out this campus.

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be interviewing on 11/15 and landing in PDX airport on the 14th at around 1:30pm if anyone would like to share a car ride to Lebanon near the school. Still deciding on a hotel but definitely something close to the school.

Hope everyone does great :D
Me too! I get in at 11a and am driving a rental in from PDX. I'm staying at the Phoenix.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Are you aware of the remaining interview dates?

The email they sent me only gave me two options- Dec 4th and Jan 10th. I don't know about other interview dates, I didn't see them but I would assume there are later dates. By the way, to anyone still hoping for an interview just know that a phone call goes a long way. I called the school and left a message last Friday and had an II in my inbox on Monday.

Just FYI for those interviewing on 11/15, there is a winter weather advisory out right now for the metro Portland area with a mix of snow, sleet, and freezing rain until 10 pm tonight. So if you are flying in from elsewhere, I would advise you to bring very warm clothing as it is around freezing right now! Hopefully, it is clear when you all travel down to Lebanon tomorrow/ Saturday. Be careful and good luck with your interviews :)

Reactions: 1 user
Congratualtions! Mind sharing stats, IS/OOS? @Momo11 @beingmortal

@UACOM-T2017 Thanks! IS and pretty average statistics. I felt very comfortable and did well during my interview, I think that played a big part in the decision. I also have extensive background in research, working as an RA, scribing, and shadowing multiple physicians.

The email they sent me only gave me two options- Dec 4th and Jan 10th. I don't know about other interview dates, I didn't see them but I would assume there are later dates. By the way, to anyone still hoping for an interview just know that a phone call goes a long way. I called the school and left a message last Friday and had an II in my inbox on Monday.

@DonQuijote Congrats on the II! I totally agree with the phone call. I was pre-interview wait listed twice. I had called Jeannie to ask what I could do to better my application to get an interview, and within the next few days, I had received an II. She's a really awesome resource.

anyone coming to the pizza thingy tomorrow night? :)

II! :DComplete 10/31. Interviewing on 1/10

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone coming to the pizza thingy tomorrow night? :)
Yes I'll be there too. ...I'm feeling pretty rough after my 0500 flight. How casual is casual?? Pretty comfy with my mussy hair and sweats, but not thinking that makes for much of an impression. :/

Anyone staying at the Phoenix and attending the pizza social tonight? If so I'd like to ask if anyone would be willing to let me ride with them to campus in the am? I was planning on grabbing a cab to campus-but found out that is horrifically expensive! I'd be happy to pay for gas!!!!

Anyone staying at the Phoenix and attending the pizza social tonight? If so I'd like to ask if anyone would be willing to let me ride with them to campus in the am? I was planning on grabbing a cab to campus-but found out that is horrifically expensive! I'd be happy to pay for gas!!!!
You can ride with me! ~Amanda

Yes I'll be there too. ...I'm feeling pretty rough after my 0500 flight. How casual is casual?? Pretty comfy with my mussy hair and sweats, but not thinking that makes for much of an impression. :/
I'm planning on jeans/sweater?

All done with the interview! This is truly such a great school, I really enjoyed having the opportunity and privilege of interviewing here. Now I'll be waiting with baited breath for the next few weeks! Good luck to everyone who was there this Saturday, and good luck to those who will be there soon!

Reactions: 2 users
All done with the interview! This is truly such a great school, I really enjoyed having the opportunity and privilege of interviewing here. Now I'll be waiting with baited breath for the next few weeks! Good luck to everyone who was there this Saturday, and good luck to those who will be there soon!

What did you enjoy the most?

The atmosphere of the school. You can tell that the teachers and staff are there because they really care about their students and wish to help them be the best doctors that they can be

Just curious, how long did it take for you to recieve western's secondary? I submitted my primary to western 3-4 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing. I've gotten secondaries from every other school so wasn't sure if it was a pre-screen or what

AACOMAS released: 9/18. Received 2o: 9/26. From what I understand, they screen fairly selectively. I received II 10/27. So I would have expected you would have heard by now. I don't think they'd flip if you inquired though.

Best of luck!

Just curious, how long did it take for you to recieve western's secondary? I submitted my primary to western 3-4 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing. I've gotten secondaries from every other school so wasn't sure if it was a pre-screen or what
Sorry, I forgot to hit reply, but see my post below yours. :)

AACOMAS released: 9/18. Received 2o: 9/26. From what I understand, they screen fairly selectively. I received II 10/27. So I would have expected you would have heard by now. I don't think they'd flip if you inquired though.

Best of luck!
Thanks! I'll give the admissions office a call today.

You guys are going to love COMP NW! Good luck to everyone on their upcoming interviews!
Did a Facebook page get started for Class of 2019??

To those who have interviewed, any tips or pointers? I'll be there on Dec. 6th

Reactions: 1 users
11/15 Interviewees - has anyone heard anything back yet?

To those who have interviewed, any tips or pointers? I'll be there on Dec. 6th
Just be yourself! And go with lots of questions, so you come away as educated as possible. It's got to be a great fit for both you and the school. Hope it goes well! Remember to smile and be friendly. Enjoy your day! Best of luck!

I am a second year at COMP-Northwest... I would like to say congrats to those of you that have already gotten in. We welcome you to the family, and for those that are wait listed, we hope you will be apart of our family eventually!

Here is a tip I share with all the interviewees: Be yourself, share who you are, smile, be engaged, look professional, and freakin' have fun.

I love our faculty/staff, and I truly mean that. I would never have accomplished the things I have done thus far in medical school if it was not for them. We have a great thing going here. If you want to attend a program that is all about acceptance, hard work, and plain awesomeness, then look no further!

Good luck everyone!

Just be yourself! And go with lots of questions, so you come away as educated as possible. It's got to be a great fit for both you and the school. Hope it goes well! Remember to smile and be friendly. Enjoy your day! Best of luck!
Appreciate it!

I interviewed Nov 15th and I haven't heard yet! I spoke with Jeannie about a week or so ago and she said they were hoping to have decisions by December 1st (Today!!!!!)

I'm sending out positive vibes for everyone :)

For those that got those wonderful acceptance calls, what time of the day did you get the calls? Morning, afternoon, or evening?

I'm getting ready to go to work...gah, call now!

For those that got those wonderful acceptance calls, what time of the day did you get the calls? Morning, afternoon, or evening?

I got my call in the evening around 6pm PST!

Just got my acceptance call last night-7:48, Mountain time. Yay! Congrats to everyone else who has gotten their acceptances, and good luck to everyone still waiting!
I have another acceptance so it's going to be a tough decision!

Anyone else get accepted that interviewed 11/15? I'm wondering if they have more calls to make today?

Congrats to those that got accepted yesterday!!! For those that did not receive a call, I was in the same boat 2 years ago and called Jeannie Davis who informed me I was on the alternate list and what areas my application could be strengthened. I'm a second year and there's quite a few of us who were originally wait listed, so if you fell in love with the school like I did, hang in there and keep trying! Feel free to message me if you have any questions, etc.

I just got accepted from the Nov 15th date today! So don't worry, I think they are making calls now you guys!!! I can't wait to see you all there :) COMP NW class of 2019!

Congrats to those that got accepted yesterday!!! For those that did not receive a call, I was in the same boat 2 years ago and called Jeannie Davis who informed me I was on the alternate list and what areas my application could be strengthened. I'm a second year and there's quite a few of us who were originally wait listed, so if you fell in love with the school like I did, hang in there and keep trying! Feel free to message me if you have any questions, etc.

Hi Maester aemon,
Would you mind answering a few questions that I have right now? I am also waitlisted as well and I called Jeannie Davis, who was so helpful in letting me know the reason I was wailisted and offered a few pointers for me to improve my application. So the question is:
1. When did you interview 2 years ago? and is the waitlist ranked? I asked her but she did not answer me anything about the ranking.
2. Do they only look at those waitlisted in March?
3. When should be the best way to send in letter of intent and update letter about current activities? I am attempting to send it now, but will it look like I am so desperate?
4. In the previous thread, you said that we should continue to let them know that you're committed. In what way should we do this? I don't want to update them monthly with what I am doing since it may backfire lol.
Thanks a lot and I would really appreciate your feedback.

I got the call! Good ol' Dr. Pham.

I got the call early this afternoon. Accepted! I can't wait to begin next fall!