Western University - Lebanon (COMP-NW) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
All of my letters were sent via AACOMAS and been in since early July, but still shows no letters on my checklist. It does look like my MCAT score was updated yesterday though

Members don't see this ad.

Do you think their campus visit invitations that they are sending out will help get an interview if you go?

Do you think their campus visit invitations that they are sending out will help get an interview if you go?

Doubt it. I think those are just to get more people to apply to their school

Members don't see this ad :)
My checklist shows everything there, so I think I am "complete".
Secondary submitted - 7/23
MCAT received - 7/29
LOR received - 7/30

I wish there was an actual confirmation though!!
Same status as well I'm assuming that we're complete.

I'm an in-state who has been verified since 7/22, but I have not received a secondary from this school, nor the pomona campus. Should I call?

I'm an in-state who has been verified since 7/22, but I have not received a secondary from this school, nor the pomona campus. Should I call?
Did you check your junk mail?

Did you check your junk mail?

Yes, deleted messages as well. I got their campus tour invite just fine yesterday

EDIT: Just talked to admissions, they received my app on 8/3 so they told me to wait for about another week for the secondary

Last edited:
secondary submit: 7.23 | "ready for review" email: 8.6

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how COMP-NW handles multiple Mcat scores? Do they take the highest? The most recent?

Submitted my secondary on 7/20. Application still shows that I have items missing (just my letters of recommendation). Tried emailing the staff multiple times and they are unbelievably not helpful at all. Definitely stinks, tried to submit my application early and still incomplete at this school. All the other DO schools I have applied to received my letters of recommendation without a problem. Hoping something changes soon.

29 MCAT (retake; raised exam from 25 MCAT)
3.79cGPA
3.67sGPA
Chemistry Degree

Reactions: 1 user
Interview invite!!!! This is my first one, and for one of my top choice schools!!! SOOOO excited!!

Reactions: 1 users
II as well!

congrats guys! that's awesome, the doctor I shadowed told me a lot of good things about Western!
I am excited to hear back from this school as well :)

What are the dates?

September 12th or October 24th. Saturday interviews! That just seems very considerate to me, scheduling interviews on a weekend. Now I only have to take one day off from work.

Reactions: 1 users
September 12th or October 24th. Saturday interviews! That just seems very considerate to me, scheduling interviews on a weekend. Now I only have to take one day off from work.

Agreed. Do you think it would be better to do September? I was leaning towards October purely for financial reasons.....I'm pretty depleted after paying for secondaries and it would be great to have a few more paychecks to save from. But I know the general advice is go early if you can.

Just got the under review email - hope to follow the II soon!

Agreed. Do you think it would be better to do September? I was leaning towards October purely for financial reasons.....I'm pretty depleted after paying for secondaries and it would be great to have a few more paychecks to save from. But I know the general advice is go early if you can.

I'm going to take the September date for that reason and it works well with my schedule. Although I can understand holding off until October for financial reasons. My wallet hates me right now....

might be a dumb question, but who did you reply to? It says "reply to admissions," but there's no generic admissions email on the website....I just replied to the email then realized that might be wrong??

I replied directly to the email as well!

II!!!!!!! My first one of the season! And my stats are lower! I couldn't be more excited! 26 mcat with 3.33sgpa 3.44cgpa

Reactions: 2 users
II as well super excited and would love to go here. Do we schedule via the email sent to us? I replied via the email and hope that was the right thing to do.

Last edited:
Just got an interview! Scheduled for Sept 12th. If anyone wants to share a ride from the airport or something, let me know! Its a bit far from Portland so if anyone knows an easy way to get from PDX to Lebanon, I'd appreciate it!

According to the website, they received around 5,000 applications and only interviewed 300

Submitted my secondary on 7/20. Application still shows that I have items missing (just my letters of recommendation). Tried emailing the staff multiple times and they are unbelievably not helpful at all. Definitely stinks, tried to submit my application early and still incomplete at this school. All the other DO schools I have applied to received my letters of recommendation without a problem. Hoping something changes soon.

29 MCAT (retake; raised exam from 25 MCAT)
3.79cGPA
3.67sGPA
Chemistry Degree
I am in the exact same situation. Submitted 7/20

Just got the complete email. I had to call into admissions and told them it had been three weeks since someone told me my letters should be complete later that day. The lady said they are scanning letters one by one so it may take a while.

Just got the complete email. I had to call into admissions and told them it had been three weeks since someone told me my letters should be complete later that day. The lady said they are scanning letters one by one so it may take a while.
Ugh....

There are many awesome hiking spots around Lebanon, if you are into outdoorsy stuff, I strongly encourage to stay and explore. The trail of ten falls in Silver falls state park is probably only 30 mins away. :)

a few questions for those with II's.
a) OOS/IS? ties to PNW?
b) complete date?
c) stats?

Just kinda trying try and figure out where I stand in the process/timeline :)

Thank yall!

a few questions for those with II's.
a) OOS/IS? ties to PNW?
b) complete date?
c) stats?

Just kinda trying try and figure out where I stand in the process/timeline :)

Thank yall!

OOS, but I'm a PNWer.

I never received a complete email, but they had everything marked received on their website by July 31st.

3.6/26

I hope that helps!

I am OOS with no ties to PNW
I also never received a completion email but everything was marked received on 8/10.

3.44/26

II recieved yesterday, Ill see everyone in October! As an outdoorsy person myself, I cant wait to visit.

OOS, no ties to PNW but talked it up in my secondary, grew up in a very rural area. Complete email on 8/10. cGPA 3.54 sGPA 3.52. MCAT 29

I just got the confirmation email for the interview. I will be there Sept. 12th!

Does anyone know what kind of research opportunities are available here?

I just got the confirmation email for the interview. I will be there Sept. 12th!
Same here, look forward to meeting all of you on campus :).

Congrats to all who scored interviews! For those of you who did, stats/experience?

Anyone else's LOR not showing up as received on the application portal? I submitted my LORs well over a month ago when I received the secondary and to this day for both the Pomona and Lebanon campuses it shows my LORs haven't been received?

I wonder if this is keeping my application from being complete and reviewed by admissions

I emailed both schools multiple times and it sounds like they are incredibly backlogged/have many more applicants than expected at first. There is nothing that we can do, but wait for them to process in the LOR. They receive their letters through AACOMAS too. I was worried that they didn't because mine have not showed up either and I submitted my application nearly a month ago as well