Western University - Lebanon (COMP-NW) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll be cancelling my interview for this coming Nov. 14th at COMP-NW because I accepted an offer somewhere else. Hopefully my spot goes to someone on here. Good luck everyone with all your interviews this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been able to reach admissions on the phone recently? I sent a updated LOR in and wanted to check on the phone if they received it, but haven't been able to reach jeannie nor andrea :/ If you did reach them what time/day did you end up calling? I've been calling in the morning/noon but always get sent to the answering machine :/

How important would you say the pizza social is? I am hoping to make it in time, but am worried that my schedule won't allow it. Interviewing 12/12.

I would hope it does not factor into admissions decisions at all, as I am catching a late flight in the night before and cannot attend. Seems like a great way to get a feel for the school and student body, though.

I didn't go and I got accepted.

Reactions: 1 user
I would hope it does not factor into admissions decisions at all, as I am catching a late flight in the night before and cannot attend. Seems like a great way to get a feel for the school and student body, though.
I agree, that's why I was hoping for some input. I could probably change flights in and make it, but I don't want to feel rushed the whole weekend. At the same time, I want to give the school its fair shake because it is high on my list, don't want to shortchange it!

Last edited:
How important would you say the pizza social is? I am hoping to make it in time, but am worried that my schedule won't allow it. Interviewing 12/12.

It won't make a difference in admissions, unless you count it as another opportunity to make a positive impression. But there are plenty of opportunities for that on interview day.

FWIW, Jeannie Davis was there, along with about a dozen or more current students, so you get to ask all of the questions you can think of. It was really great for getting a feel for the culture of the place. I found it quite valuable that way, but like I said, I don't think it affects your prospects one way or another.

I was fairly excited to see it, but with my acceptance situation it really doesn't make sense, as it isn't my number one. Would have loved to go just to visit Oregon if nothing else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how to update the application for this school? A paper that I have been working on for the past few years was finally published last week and I want to make sure they consider it while reviewing my application. Thanks

I've been waiting for others to hear back to help with your anxiety, but I can't hold it in any longer... ACCEPTED!! Dr Pham called me on Wednesday, and I am beyond ecstatic that I get to stay in Oregon. During my interview day I knew it was the absolute perfect place for me. As soon as I get my official acceptance letter I'm sending in my deposit.

Reactions: 6 users
I've been waiting for others to hear back to help with your anxiety, but I can't hold it in any longer... ACCEPTED!! Dr Pham called me on Wednesday, and I am beyond ecstatic that I get to stay in Oregon. During my interview day I knew it was the absolute perfect place for me. As soon as I get my official acceptance letter I'm sending in my deposit.
Congrats, hopefully we will be classmates :)

Has anyone else heard anything that interviewed Oct. 24th? I have not heard a peep and am REALLY hoping for an acceptance. I have been on pins and needles since the interview. I really liked the school and I felt like it was a great environment/friendly.

Also, what area code did Dr. Pham call you from? Did he leave a message if you did not answer it? Lastly, did he say how long it will take to get the letter? (sorry for all the questions)

Does anyone know about the grocery shopping in the area? Locations/Proximity? Are there any health food stores in the area?

Also, what area code did Dr. Pham call you from? Did he leave a message if you did not answer it? Lastly, did he say how long it will take to get the letter? (sorry for all the questions)

Look for a 541 area code. I received a VM on Thursday since I couldn't answer the call at the time. He said to expect a letter in the mail "shortly."

Best of luck to you!

Does anyone know about the grocery shopping in the area? Locations/Proximity? Are there any health food stores in the area?

I think you can expect just the basics in Lebanon. But there are some pretty amazing health food stores in Corvallis just 25 mins away.

Congrats, hopefully we will be classmates :)
Has anyone else heard anything that interviewed Oct. 24th? I have not heard a peep and am REALLY hoping for an acceptance. I have been on pins and needles since the interview. I really liked the school and I felt like it was a great environment/friendly.

Also interviewed 10/24 and accepted last Wednesday via phone call

Reactions: 1 users
For all of the acceptances so far, what is the first letter of your last name because I am wondering if they review interviewees randomly or in alphabetical order?

I think you can expect just the basics in Lebanon. But there are some pretty amazing health food stores in Corvallis just 25 mins away.

There definitely are haha. I went to school at OSU, so between Albany, Corvallis, and Lebanon you should have just about everything you need

Hey everyone,
I applied kind of late (beginning of September) and got my secondary in mid-October. They confirmed receiving everything October 27th. I called them and they said that it'll go to committee this week. When should I expect an II? And do you know what dates are currently available? I'm afraid that they will send II only in December and that I'll end up in March interviews. Will I still have a chance? How long did they take to process yours?
Congrats to all those accepted!

UPDATE: Was on committee since around 11/09/15. II Today (11/18/15)!!!! Got interview date set for December 12. The other option they gave me was January 23, but this is my #1 choice and I don't want to lose any time :)
SUPER HAPPY! Good luck everyone, hope to become classmates!

Last edited:
Hey everyone,
I applied kind of late (beginning of September) and got my secondary in mid-October. They confirmed receiving everything October 27th. I called them and they said that it'll go to committee this week. When should I expect an II? And do you know what dates are currently available? I'm afraid that they will send II only in December and that I'll end up in March interviews. Will I still have a chance? How long did they take to process yours?
Congrats to all those accepted!

I cannot answer all of your questions, all I know is interviews were all Saturday options (they do like one per month). & My friend has a January interview but I am unsure of how long ago he scheduled that. Hopefully someone will have more info for you

I also didn't go to this and got accepted. I don't think it factors in at all.

For those interviewing this weekend, I will be flying into PDX and landing ~12:30pm on Fri, 11/13. If anyone was interested in carpooling to the campus, I'll be renting a car and would be happy to!(chipping in for gas is always nice though:D)
I'll also be driving back to Portland some time after the interview on Sat, 11/14, if you need a ride back there as well!

Excited for the interview and hoping for the best! Heard back pretty early from COMP NW so I've been sitting on this interview and waiting for what feels like forever!

Got the official acceptance letter in the mail today! Turning in my deposit ASAP

Didn't see much of this on campus during the quick tour... Where is the simulation lab at COMP NW?

Didn't see much of this on campus during the quick tour... Where is the simulation lab at COMP NW?

I'm not sure if they have one... But many students on here have said that the simulation dummies are not really helpful anyway

Just received an "on hold" email after just being complete yesterday. Is there a good chance of getting an interview later on or not?

I'm not sure if they have one... But many students on here have said that the simulation dummies are not really helpful anyway
We don't have the sim dummies, we have patient actors that are really good

Do they send out an email when your file is "complete"?

Has anybody on here interviewed at both COMP-P and COMP-NW? Is this possible?

Has anybody on here interviewed at both COMP-P and COMP-NW? Is this possible?

Yes. If you are offered acceptances to both campuses, you can only enroll in one of them. Once you accept an offer at one campus, your acceptance is automatically withdrawn from the other. Hope that helps!

I got waitlisted here last year and still have not gotten an interview, kinda worried I may not get an interview or will get an extremely late interview again.

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear a decision? I interviewed on Nov 14. They said the committee was going to meet on the 19th, but I still haven't received anything. Just wondering.

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear a decision? I interviewed on Nov 14. They said the committee was going to meet on the 19th, but I still haven't received anything. Just wondering.
It was less than 2 weeks if I'm remembering right! Good luck!

They told us that ADCOM meetings were Thursday, so they would have been off last week with the holiday. Patience!

Also interviewed on Nov 14 and have not heard anything. You are not the only one. Good luck. :)

I interviewed on Nov. 14th, and just got a call from Dr. Pham 10 mins ago. This is where I'm going! I am very excited!

Accepted from 11/14 interview. Very excited, loved the environment here. The people in charge seem like they are moving the school in a great direction!

What is the story on receiving an official acceptance package? All I have seen mentioned on the forum is phone call from Dr. Pham (perhaps I missed something!) Is it mail/email? Curious about deposit deadlines. Thanks!

Last edited:
What is the story on receiving an official acceptance package? All I have seen mentioned on the forum is phone call from Dr. Pham (perhaps I missed something!) Is it mail/email? Curious about deposit deadlines. Thanks!
You will get an official letter in the mail with deadlines in it. :)

My official acceptance came almost a week after Dr. Pham called me, so it can take awhile!

Also, the deposit deadline for me was Dec 15 (for the first installment of $1000), but my acceptance came in October, so yours may be different!

Still have not received any call. Should I keep my hope up or it is over? Crossing my fingers.

Hey all, I am a current 1st year here at COMP-NW. Good luck to all applying, if anyone has any questions about Lebanon or school here, that they may have forgotten to ask at Pizza night or during the panel, or for those who have not yet interviewed, send me a PM. I will do my best to help answer any questions you may have. It's finals season up here, so my replies may be far and few between, but just offering up some help if you need it. Good luck!

Interviewed 11/14 as well, got a call 15 minutes ago!

Does anybody have the link for the COMP NW 2020 class facebook page?

Still have not received any call. Should I keep my hope up or it is over? Crossing my fingers.
I wouldn't worry. I thought I hadn't gotten accepted because everyone was posting on here that they had gotten calls from my interview day. Got a call 3 days later! Keep your chin up!