Western University of Health Science Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey Rxhalo,
is it for real that there is still hope!! did she said how many spot left....? I'm getting ready to receive a rejection letter from them.... still no word or anything from them... I called and asked about my status they still saying that it;s still under review..... blah blah.... maybe they think it;s too harsh to say rejection...
i know some ppl even got their invitation 2 days before the interview. just prepare for the interview now and u will be ready when they do call u. :) good luck

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Rxhalo,
is it for real that there is still hope!! did she said how many spot left....? I'm getting ready to receive a rejection letter from them.... still no word or anything from them... I called and asked about my status they still saying that it;s still under review..... blah blah.... maybe they think it;s too harsh to say rejection...

its true! theres still hope! i got called 2 days before my interview for february 26th interview and i just got accepted on friday :]

I received a phone call today from a professor who interviewed me on February.
He told me "See you in August"
I said "YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I did not get an acceptance email, but I just got email to turn in my green card. I interviewed on Feb.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yay! :D I'll see you in August tooo!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

Wow thats some special treatment! :thumbup: :) Congrats!

Did you also get the acceptance email on Friday?
I'm wondering if Friday was the only day they sent out acceptances...

I received email about turning in additional document on Friday, but i did not receive email after that. I just got a phone call.

Wow thats some special treatment! :thumbup: :) Congrats!

Did you also get the acceptance email on Friday?
I'm wondering if Friday was the only day they sent out acceptances...

I received email about turning in additional document on Friday, but i did not receive email after that. I just got a phone call.

That's so awesome Bora! Congratulations!!

I just got the phone call interview invitation yesterday morning too!! I couldn't believe it! So excited... :xf::xf::xf:

Can some of the people accepted tell us about how interview day goes? What kind of questions do they ask? Is it just one on one, you and a professor? Any advice you wish you could have had before going into it? Any advice at all!?

Thank you everyone! and Congrats to everyone who has been accepted, and for those still waiting... NEVER GIVE UP! This is my 3rd cycle applying!! :luck:

The interview day is pretty relaxed. They split everyone up into groups in which you do the writing portion, the interview, ask questions to current students, and discuss financial aid information. My interview was with a professor and a student. The only advice I would give is be yourself and have great communication skills. Practice your answers, but don't sound rehearsed.

The basic questions were:
1. Why Pharmacy?
2. Why Western?
3. Group related questions: what if someone in your group isn't participating, what kind of role do you take in a group setting?
4. Talk about Pharmacy experiences and about yourself

Good luck!
I was put on hold from the december interview and also accepted on Friday and received a call on Tuesday from the professor who interviewed me.

That's so awesome Bora! Congratulations!!

I just got the phone call interview invitation yesterday morning too!! I couldn't believe it! So excited... :xf::xf::xf:

Can some of the people accepted tell us about how interview day goes? What kind of questions do they ask? Is it just one on one, you and a professor? Any advice you wish you could have had before going into it? Any advice at all!?

Thank you everyone! and Congrats to everyone who has been accepted, and for those still waiting... NEVER GIVE UP! This is my 3rd cycle applying!! :luck:

The interview day is pretty relaxed. They split everyone up into groups in which you do the writing portion, the interview, ask questions to current students, and discuss financial aid information. My interview was with a professor and a student. The only advice I would give is be yourself and have great communication skills. Practice your answers, but don't sound rehearsed.

1. Why Pharmacy?
2. Why Western?
3. Group related questions: what if someone in your group isn't participating, what kind of role do you take in a group setting?

Good luck!
I was put on hold from the december interview and also accepted on Friday and received a call on Tuesday from the professor who interviewed me.

Also don't forget to ask them questions! The more questions you ask the more you seem interested in their school and that you did your research. However, don't ask such general questions like "when do your students start rotations?" Cause that just shows that you obviously didn't do your research or else you would've known that they have rotations the last year and a half and a mini rotation during the first year. They try to make the interview a half hour so take your time and answer your questions thoroughly. Don't rush through them. But if they run out of questions, you better have questions for them.

I got a missed call today during class and when I called back it was the hospital! I was like freaking out thinking somebody in my family had gone to the hospital. Then a few hours later I got a call from the hospital number again but it was the professor who had interviewed me. He was just calling to congratulate me and to welcome me. Phew! Almost gave me a heart attack.

1. Why Pharmacy?
2. Why Western?

Good luck!

Awesome! Amazing advice.. thank you very much!! Hopefully all will work out for the best. :xf::xf::xf:

So I just got my "Hold" status via snail mail. However, I wanted to spread a little positivity for anyone else that got "held," as it were, rather than out right accepted. I believe there was mention that about half of the class last year was originally on hold status so keep hopes high. You all have my empathy. Good luck to those interviewing on the 19th, those on hold/alternate, and those already accepted. To everyone else, never say die. :xf::xf::smuggrin::xf::xf:

Also don't forget to ask them questions! The more questions you ask the more you seem interested in their school and that you did your research. However, don't ask such general questions like "when do your students start rotations?" Cause that just shows that you obviously didn't do your research or else you would've known that they have rotations the last year and a half and a mini rotation during the first year. They try to make the interview a half hour so take your time and answer your questions thoroughly. Don't rush through them. But if they run out of questions, you better have questions for them.

I got a missed call today during class and when I called back it was the hospital! I was like freaking out thinking somebody in my family had gone to the hospital. Then a few hours later I got a call from the hospital number again but it was the professor who had interviewed me. He was just calling to congratulate me and to welcome me. Phew! Almost gave me a heart attack.

Will definitely ask my own questions! Any good ones you asked during your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys
I recently found this thread cuz i was trying to find out when i would be hearing back from western. I interviewed on 2/26, and still havent heard back yet, and based on what u guys said, lol i am most likely on hold, waitlisted or rejected :(:(. I do have a backup school in Midwestern CPG but Western is my top choice since i first heard about the school. lol based on what u guys said theres still hope but mannn its really hard when i have fill out all these forms and stuff for Midwestern since it starts june 1st :(

Awesome! Amazing advice.. thank you very much!! Hopefully all will work out for the best. :xf::xf::xf:

Be prepared with the "tell me about yourself" Its such an easy question, but difficult at the same time. I kinda froze when they asked me b/c I didnt know how much to talk about without losing their interest. Yes like someone stated earlier, have questions prepared to ask the interviewers depending on the questions you ask it just shows them how much research you've done on the school and it reveals more about your personality.

I know its so much easier said than done, but really try to relax, it gets easier after they've asked you a few questions.
some other questions I was asked were:
1) what would you do if someone in your group wasnt participating
2) why not nursing, doctor? why pharmacy?
3) I was talking to another interviewee and she was asked to sum up the role of a pharmacist in one sentence

Hi guys
I recently found this thread cuz i was trying to find out when i would be hearing back from western. I interviewed on 2/26, and still havent heard back yet, and based on what u guys said, lol i am most likely on hold, waitlisted or rejected :(:(. I do have a backup school in Midwestern CPG but Western is my top choice since i first heard about the school. lol based on what u guys said theres still hope but mannn its really hard when i have fill out all these forms and stuff for Midwestern since it starts june 1st :(

wow they start early June? Is that a 3 yr program?

wow they start early June? Is that a 3 yr program?
yea its a 3 year program, school all year long including summers :(, plus its 100+ degrees everyday during the summer months lol. i know i should feel fortunate that i got into a school, but its jus hard haha since i wanna stay in Cali and to go western

Midwestern CPG is in Arizona right? Don't you think AZ is safer than LA (WesternU is near LA)? Time Magazine makes its predictions for the next big earthquakes, and LA is on the top list.

check this out: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1930622_1930614,00.html

Full List:
- Los Angeles
- Tokyo
- Tehran
- Pacific Northwest
-Indonesia

They predicted it last year, and they were right about Japan....

I don't see the point of this post. I think people in LA already know that earthquakes could happen. If you have lived here all your life, you would have experienced a couple. Not a sufficient reason to go to school in AZ.

hahah heyyy stop trying to make Western look bad lol i mean Western is why we are all here on this forum rite? Im from SD, lived there all my life, so I know what earthquakes are like. Anywho, I was wondering how many of u guys are in the same position as I am, people who interviewed on 2/26 but havent heard back yet, but have a backup school? I wanna know how u guys would handle this situation..

hahah heyyy stop trying to make Western look bad lol i mean Western is why we are all here on this forum rite? Im from SD, lived there all my life, so I know what earthquakes are like. Anywho, I was wondering how many of u guys are in the same position as I am, people who interviewed on 2/26 but havent heard back yet, but have a backup school? I wanna know how u guys would handle this situation..

I definitely know how you feel. I was in your position not too long ago. I was accepted to MWU-Glendale and didn't hear back from Western (had the December interview). I put down the 1K deposit down for MWU and it was a good thing that I did because I was eventually placed on hold for Western. Luckily I was accepted to USC a month after (although I lost my deposit :thumbdown:).

But prior to hearing from USC, I was pretty much ready to go to MWU. I was just being realistic with the fact that I may have to move to AZ in May to start school in June. I also thought about what would happen if I got off the hold or waitlist in the middle of the summer after I moved to AZ. So there were definitely a lot of thoughts and scenarios going through my head.

I know it must be agonizing. The wait can be unbearable but you have to realize that there's nothing else you can do. You did the best you could do at your interview and you worked your butt off to get to where you are. So if things don't work out the way you want them to this year, then you just have to be realistic and think about whether or not you want to go to a different school or reapply next cycle to keep trying.

Sounds cliche, but life goes on. You just gotta keep moving forward. So hang in there!!! :luck::luck::luck:

Hi guys

i know how you feel...i was placed on hold for western from december interview..and had to pay my deposit for midwestern cpg..fortunately i just got accepted. so don't don't give up hope..i'm sure western will accept you!

wow u guys were exactly like me then, im also guessing yur those ppl who are all leaving the MWU fb group these past couple weeks hahah. thats great tho!! but yea i have renewed hope now after hearing yur stories haha :). what u said BabyBelle is exactly what im going through right now, having to deal with housing and stuff for MWU right now. mucho thanks on yur input :):) and wish me luck!!! i still believeeeee!!! lol

wow u guys were exactly like me then, im also guessing yur those ppl who are all leaving the MWU fb group these past couple weeks hahah. thats great tho!! but yea i have renewed hope now after hearing yur stories haha :). what u said BabyBelle is exactly what im going through right now, having to deal with housing and stuff for MWU right now. mucho thanks on yur input :):) and wish me luck!!! i still believeeeee!!! lol

Yeah! I put a deposit for on-campus housing and even looked at housing off-campus as a back up. It's okay! There should be some movement going on within the next month since the final interview will be this weekend and people will be hearing from other schools soon (since it's March). So just hang in there and stay positive! Good luck!!! :luck::xf:

Best of Luck for those Interviewing tomorrow! :luck:

So, It's the Last Interview Day, How was it? :)

So, It's the Last Interview Day, How was it? :)

The current students at Western are super nice. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. It was definitely a great atmosphere!

For those of you still waiting to hear from Western, we were told during the interview welcome presentation that 60 of the 120 seats have been filled. So there is still a great chance to get in, and that usually it takes 180 acceptances to fill the 120 spots.

Good luck everyone!

So, this means there are 60 seats left?? This is unbelievable

So, this means there are 60 seats left?? This is unbelievable

There actually might even be more after people start hearing from other schools and give up their seats.

Anyone on here that messed up the scenario question given on the piece of paper still got accepted.

Anyone on here that messed up the scenario question given on the piece of paper still got accepted.

I felt like I messed up on that! I wonder if we had the same Scenario question.

i think i messed up on the scenario question...i had a good answer up until they threw a curve ball in and confused me..then i just started stuttering...

i think i messed up on the scenario question...i had a good answer up until they threw a curve ball in and confused me..then i just started stuttering...

oh same thing happened to me too but I also got company A and B mixed up. I didn't like how one of the interviewers were secretly timing me when I was reading the scenario.

oh same thing happened to me too but I also got company A and B mixed up. I didn't like how one of the interviewers were secretly timing me when I was reading the scenario.

What surprise? I got Company A B and C too! Recommendation for your friend?
I didn't know there was a surprise or a timer.

What curve ball? i didn't know there was a curve ball! :confused:

What surprise? I got Company A B and C too! Recommendation for your friend?
I didn't know there was a surprise or a timer.

Yup, recommendation for your friend. Mine was actually timing me when I was reading the scenario. I think it just depends on your interviewer because most of the people that I talked to after the interview didn't get timed.

So, does this mean that western is a back up school for most people?!

No, I wasn't trying to infer that. I was actually trying to say that since it's March, applicants should be hearing from all the schools they've applied to soon since interviews are wrapping up and schools will be making final decisions. So there should be some movement going on for ALL schools, not just Western.

Yup, recommendation for your friend. Mine was actually timing me when I was reading the scenario. I think it just depends on your interviewer because most of the people that I talked to after the interview didn't get timed.
They did not time my reading.
After the interview, however, I asked other interviewees and knew that some of them did not have scenario question.
I thought they would ask that question to every single interviewee.
I really don't know why some have, and some don't. :confused:

I totally screwed up that question! I had an answer but I kept looking back at the paper and I started stuttering at the end since they weren't allowed to give feedback!! ahhaha in the end I got accepted though! I still kind of wonder what they were looking for with that question... I ended up running through all the choices and saying what I thought was and wasn't advantageous about each one... But I didn have a clear argument. Hopefully that makes some of you feel better! :)

I totally screwed up that question! I had an answer but I kept looking back at the paper and I started stuttering at the end since they weren't allowed to give feedback!! ahhaha in the end I got accepted though! I still kind of wonder what they were looking for with that question... I ended up running through all the choices and saying what I thought was and wasn't advantageous about each one... But I didn have a clear argument. Hopefully that makes some of you feel better! :)

Yeh I gave two questions then my interviewer wanted more but I was like I can't think of anymore. So that made me feel really down about the critical thinking question. But like you, in the end I got accepted too! I think they were just looking to see if you know how to ask the right questions. Cause in order to be a pharmacist, you have to know how to ask the right questions to safely help a patient and recommend the right products.

I think I messed up that question as well and was still accepted. It was definitely confusing!

yay, i feel better about my interview now. :xf:

Don't worry about it! According to Lyndan, There were some interviewees that weren't even asked the scenario questions! It's probably just a kind of fill-in in case the interview went too short or a standard procedure thing.