Western University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi anyone from March 30 interview received an email ?

Do you mean the IPBP program? not yet

Members don't see this ad.

For those students who are not IPBP: In regard to March 30 interview, I too am curious if anyone has received email in regard to acceptance or otherwise. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is IPBP?

It's for International students who start in year 2 instead of year 1. They have to take an exam on the day of their interview on year 1 material to see if they will be ready to attend year 2.

Oh ok thanks.. I didnt have to take that test, starting as a p1, but I know ppl hear back about their status after 2 weeks from their interview. And from my interview on march 30th it has already been 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything yet

Anyone from Feb 23rd interview that's on hold have heard back from the school yet? Thanks !

no not yet but they said two to three weeks, so we have one more week to go.

hi~pharmacyxx17
I got my accepted letter today.
Do you check your email toady? Hope we can become classmate~

hi~pharmacyxx17
I got my accepted letter today.
Do you check your email toady? Hope we can become classmate~

Hey Chiu congrats i havent recieved anything yet. Did u get a mail or email ?

For those students who are not IPBP: In regard to March 30 interview, I too am curious if anyone has received email in regard to acceptance or otherwise. Thanks.
Hi I had my interview on march 30 too and haven't heard anything yet..

I interviewed on January 26th and was placed on hold in February. I finally got the acceptance email today!!!!

Does anyone know if Western accept extension classes? I'm missing molecular biology. I've already submitted my deposit for another school but I'd rather go to Western.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on January 26th and was placed on hold in February. I finally got the acceptance email today!!!!

Does anyone know if Western accept extension classes? I'm missing molecular biology. I've already submitted my deposit for another school but I'd rather go to Western.

Yes, I believe Western accepts extension classes. I'm taking anatomy through UCLA extension and they told me it was fine. I would email/call just in case though.

Thanks! I called them yesterday and they said I can also take a class from SCU Integrated Science Program! Yay!! I'm so excited!

Hey guys!! I don't know if this post is appropriate for this thread but..

I have a LARGE master bedroom (which is 1/3 of our house) located in Pomona. It has a private bathroom (shower+ tub) and a walk-in closet. The room is available starting June 1 for $625 per month (not including utilities). We pay the rent in 2 installments (6 months each time) and that's how we're able to keep the rent really CHEAP esp for the size of room you're paying for. The lease is usually for a year. There's also a security deposit of $625.

This is a 4 bed 4 bath house located 5 MINS away from school and 15 mins away from the nearby cities (Claremont, Chino Hills, Montclair, La verne..etc). For the upcoming year, you will be living with 2 pharmD students and 1 dental student.

Let me know if you're interested or have any additional questions! email me [email protected]

THANKS and CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN class of 2017!!! :) :)

hey im just wondering if any of those who have already been accepted have received their financial aid statement?

Hi , all
My interview was on Dec 15th, and I was placed on "hold" until now. I haven't heard anything back from Western yet, please let's me know if you know any updated information about the "on hold" status. Thanks.

Hi , all
My interview was on Dec 15th, and I was placed on "hold" until now. I haven't heard anything back from Western yet, please let's me know if you know any updated information about the "on hold" status. Thanks.

same here. i've been on "hold" since my december 15 interview. in february, i got a email saying that my status "remained on hold." i haven't heard anything since :(

same here. i've been on "hold" since my december 15 interview. in february, i got a email saying that my status "remained on hold." i haven't heard anything since :(

Same. They said they'd update us every month. I feel ignored now.

hey im just wondering if any of those who have already been accepted have received their financial aid statement?

I've been waiting on that and they haven't sent anything. They did send something through email but it only said they got my fasfa? =T Have you heard anything yet?

They said you won't find out anything about the financial aid till August I believe.

I got an alternate email with some attachments I cant even open.

I just got an email this afternoon regarding my alternate position. I really want to go to Western but I don't know how good my chances are...

Same, I am on an alternate position as well : ( Can someone who's been in this situation let us know what is the chance of getting in if you're an alternate? Thank you.

Hi, I am an alternate too, I am so confused, does anybody know does an alternate have a chance?

Has anyone from hold tried calling the admissions lately? I did so last week but the lady only told me that there were "no updates". I wonder when they intend on telling us their final decisions.

And, silly question but, is "alternate" a different name for "wait list" or is that a new category aside from being "accepted" or "rejected"?

On the interview day they told us that after the interview u r either accepted, alternate , or rejected. But to tell the truth i did not really got the meaning of being alternate?!

According to my understanding (I may be wrong), alternate meaning that a decision has been made and if seats are available, they will make offers to these students. Being on hold meaning they are still considering you application and no decision has been made yet. I mean, there is a subtle difference but to be honest, I don't know what the alternate chances are. Fingers crossed for everyone who's still waiting!

Had anyone been on an alternate and then been accepted??

why I haven't heard anything from Western yet about my "on hold' status? I'm so confused ..

Just turned down my offer. Good luck to everyone!

It's a new school, they are not accredited, I don't know does it worth it to apply?!

It's a new school, they are not accredited, I don't know does it worth it to apply?!

its a new school on North Hollywood. I applied because its close to where I live, but I probably wont attend because its not even accredited. I heard chapman U its opening one in Orange next year.

I guess people who interviewed but not accepted got all alternate status...
Did anyone get declined letter?

So far as I know, there are still quite a few people on hold. With still no update sadly. :/

Okay I take that back. I just got the alternate email 7 minutes ago it turns out.

Last edited:
Does anyone get off from the alternate list?

This is my first post, but I want the people who are waiting to still have hope. I was on hold from the February interview and then was placed an alternate on May 1st. I just received an acceptance offer for admission yesterday and I am taking it. Good luck to everyone who are still waiting.

Last edited:
This is my first post, but I want the people who are waiting to still have hope. I was on hold from the February interview and then was placed an alternate on May 1st. I just received an acceptance offer for admission yesterday and I am taking it. Good luck to everyone who are still waiting.

congrats! did they contact you via email or phone?

did they notify through phone call or email? Congratz, thanks in advance.

Congratz, thank u for letting us know ...

Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
12 years pharmacy experience
3 good LOR
BS in kinesiology

Can anyone help shed some light on my chances and share some stats

Thank you!