Western University or CSUN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychkid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have been accepted to both Western and CSUN DPT programs. I am having a little bit of trouble choosing between programs. I am leaning towards CSUN because it is closer to home, cheaper, and offers a dodgers internship to one student ( I plan on doing sports PT) . I got a good vibe from both campuses when I visited. Does anyone have any input?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
CSUN. No need to tack on that extra debt.

csun without a doubt. I have heard many negative things about western university. There might even still be a thread about it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
csun without a doubt. I have heard many negative things about western university. There might even still be a thread about it.
I read that thread actually. What have you heard? The students I spoke to loved the program

I read that thread actually. What have you heard? The students I spoke to loved the program

I think that's the problem. Most student ambassadors will usually speak highly of their program while holding their tongue on the negatives. Its everywhere. That's why I'd take it with a grain of salt.

I can't say the program is bad. Anecdotally, a few graduates did tell me that they did not enjoy the program. Bad faculty, admin, etc etc. But what program doesn't? However, if it was me, I'd have less to complain about when comparing tuition costs.

I think that's the problem. Most student ambassadors will usually speak highly of their program while holding their tongue on the negatives. Its everywhere. That's why I'd take it with a grain of salt.

I can't say the program is bad. Anecdotally, a few graduates did tell me that they did not enjoy the program. Bad faculty, admin, etc etc. But what program doesn't? However, if it was me, I'd have less to complain about when comparing tuition costs.

Keep in mind that student ambassadors for CSUN will also hold their tongues on the negatives. I've heard a few graduates tell me that they did not enjoy the CSUN program, actually. They said because it is a state school (similar to what my CSULB pt friends told me) you aren't getting that private school education - less 1 on 1 etc. Some told me the administration was disorganized, which surprisingly makes a huge difference.

So yes, take what everyone says with a grain of salt. ultimately you are the one attending the school, so base it off of what you are looking for in a school.

So I have been accepted to both Western and CSUN DPT programs. I am having a little bit of trouble choosing between programs. I am leaning towards CSUN because it is closer to home, cheaper, and offers a dodgers internship to one student ( I plan on doing sports PT) . I got a good vibe from both campuses when I visited. Does anyone have any input?

Hello! How is it going? I have also applied to Western and CSUN and was wondering if you could please share your interview experience with me and the people who might be reading this thread. Thank you in advance ^^