Western University Podiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

souvorj

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten an interview from Western University's new podiatry school? I'm still patiently awaiting mine =( I don't know what's taking them so long to respond.

Members don't see this ad.

making more threads about the same subject won't get responses. i think its a violation of TOS too. STOP!

Sorry, I'm new to this website, but you really shouldn't be this rude to people.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, I'm new to this website, but you really shouldn't be this rude to people.
sorry, after things like this happening it can drive a person crazy over time. just have patience. people are good about responding here, so if someone can offer you help/advice they will.

I can say 100% that people have gotten interviews. I believe they started interviewing last week.

yes, i have gotten an interview invite there. make sure all your application stuff is submitted and give them a call if you really wanna know where you stand. :thumbup:

yes, i have gotten an interview invite there. make sure all your application stuff is submitted and give them a call if you really wanna know where you stand. :thumbup:

For all of your applying to western, what are your reservations in regards to no knowledge on board pass rates or residency placements? Are all of you that want to go there just hoping for the best, or is their evidence that the school will be good about pass rates and placements? Thanks all

For all of your applying to western, what are your reservations in regards to no knowledge on board pass rates or residency placements? Are all of you that want to go there just hoping for the best, or is their evidence that the school will be good about pass rates and placements? Thanks all

Their DO school is one of the best in the country. Their board pass rate is very high. Their DO students are smart and the instruction is good. That's enough for me.

Their DO school is one of the best in the country. Their board pass rate is very high. Their DO students are smart and the instruction is good. That's enough for me.

So you are planning on testing/taking their podiatry program like are you going to go there this fall? why not some other school with years under its belt? just wondering because i was contemplating applying there

i agree that western should have something great going for them combined with the other programs they already have. it'll may be a slow start at first, but i'm sure they'll follow up quite well with the rest of the pod schools. :thumbup:

Here's my two cents:
The school will probably have excellent pass rates, considering its track record with the DO school and the fact that it's going to be headed by L. Harkless, a significant figure in the podiatric community. BUT, I think the problem is the lack of accreditation. They are currently applying for accreditation and PLAN on the school being accredited by 2012. Those applying now will graduate in 2013. So, it's a bit risky to attend a school that may or may not be accredited by the time you leave.

I am no expert on this issue. My podiatrist, who is a very good friend of Harkless, and a few residents warned me about attending Western...

Here's my two cents:
The school will probably have excellent pass rates, considering its track record with the DO school and the fact that it's going to be headed by L. Harkless, a significant figure in the podiatric community. BUT, I think the problem is the lack of accreditation. They are currently applying for accreditation and PLAN on the school being accredited by 2012. Those applying now will graduate in 2013. So, it's a bit risky to attend a school that may or may not be accredited by the time you leave.

I am no expert on this issue. My podiatrist, who is a very good friend of Harkless, and a few residents warned me about attending Western...

People said this same thing about AZPOD when they started enrolling students before they were accredited and it worked out fine. The APMA would not grant a school probationary status to begin accepting students unless they where confident that there would be no problems in obtaining accrediatation in time for the first class of graduates. If I were starting over I would consider Western along with DMU and AZPOD. The schools that are integrated with the DO programs are excellent and always end up with board pass rates to prove it.

Members don't see this ad :)
People said this same thing about AZPOD when they started enrolling students before they were accredited and it worked out fine. The APMA would not grant a school probationary status to begin accepting students unless they where confident that there would be no problems in obtaining accrediatation in time for the first class of graduates. If I were starting over I would consider Western along with DMU and AZPOD. The schools that are integrated with the DO programs are excellent and always end up with board pass rates to prove it.

Don't forget though only about half (50%) of the original class graduated though. That is a pretty high attrition rate. Maybe that's what a lot of people are concerned with.

Don't forget though only about half (50%) of the original class graduated though. That is a pretty high attrition rate. Maybe that's what a lot of people are concerned with.

That's what I heard too. I understand the program is crazy intense during the year and no real summer vacation either (the DOs' are off though).

Hi

i just got an interview for western podiatry school. I have the interview next week. Does anyone remember the questions that were asked in the interview. I'm worried and i want to go to western badly.

Thanks!

Hi

i just got an interview for western podiatry school. I have the interview next week. Does anyone remember the questions that were asked in the interview. I'm worried and i want to go to western badly.

Thanks!

Stop necro-ing old threads.

Stop necro-ing old threads.
I have a question, how are people even able to necromance such old threads? I only see two pages of old threads, and the latest they go back to is 9/9/12. I'd love to see more threads in this pre-podiatry section, but I can't even see far enough to become a necromancer.

How are they doing it? :confused:

There's a filter on the bottom of the page right below "New Thread" that allows you to change the visible threads from today till the very beginning of the forum.

anyone going to be first year podiatry student at Western? Im down !!!

hey,
how competitive is Western in terms of admission?
would a 3.2/28mcat cut it?
So what you're saying is..."What are my chances?"...there's a thread specifically for that purpose...

So what you're saying is..."What are my chances?"...there's a thread specifically for that purpose...

chill mate i'm still learning how to use sdn. thanks for the feedback

hey,
how competitive is Western in terms of admission?
would a 3.2/28mcat cut it?
Sounds like you'll have a fair shot at an interview at Western. Your GPA is slightly below average but your MCAT is pretty far above average. Good luck, mate.

you know exactly what they tell you when you ask them this question.
lousy answer mate
So in one thread there are people getting mad because the advice given to them was wrong and you are upset because you don't get that advice. The reality is that you need to call the schools you want to go to and get a good idea of the candidates they are looking for. It may take talking to a few people but it works. Before applying to Western I talked to Dr. Harkless. Great guy but I learned that the school wasn't for me. He understood and we have talked a few times during the last few years. The connections I made during the interview process were great and I am excited to be these individuals colleague in a couple of years. I was pretty surprised at how open some schools are.

Give them a call.

Reactions: 1 users