Western University - Pomona (COMP) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats, guys! I can't wait to start ISAC.

Anyone else notice that we don't have a facebook group anymore? Sure, it has the name and all, but it has become the c/o 2017's sublease craigslist.

Yes, and it's incredibly irritating.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, and it's incredibly irritating.

It happens every year. Once your second year comes people will post on c/0 2019 about housing too. It's near the end of the school year, people are moving out, new people are coming in, so it happens. Once the school year starts and everyone is settled, ads are rarely seen.

Congrats! Same for me! Did you receive any follow up information on what we have to do? I know on the phone they said a lot of stuff but I was so excited I couldn't keep track lol
I received an email from Martha Huizar with links to the pre-matriculation checklist, immunization and physical forms and lab forms for titers. I also recall that she said she would be sending information and forms to fill out in the mail, but I haven't received those yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, guys! I can't wait to start ISAC.

Anyone else notice that we don't have a facebook group anymore? Sure, it has the name and all, but it has become the c/o 2017's sublease craigslist.
well played sir, you got me to actually laugh out loud. doing ISAC too? we'll be meeting soon. are you on that groups page? the pleasant thing over there is that we don't allow classified posts

well played sir, you got me to actually laugh out loud. doing ISAC too? we'll be meeting soon. are you on that groups page? the pleasant thing over there is that we don't allow classified posts
Maybe we could appeal to the mod/admin of the bigger group to delete all those posts. Under "WesternU groups" there could be a "Rentals" page where people interested can go.

Maybe we could appeal to the mod/admin of the bigger group to delete all those posts. Under "WesternU groups" there could be a "Rentals" page where people interested can go.
oh but then my secret identity would be outed...what's batman without a mask?

Perhaps someone who is friends with a lot of the 2018 class on fb could create another Facebook group and just keep it private and exclusively for 2018?

The rental and for sale posts are really really starting to annoy me! I know a lot of other schools don't allow as many 2017 and older students to join newly admitted classes so that the new peeps can all get to know each other.

Every class has their own "exclusive" group they make, while the other one is open to all classes. Search for your 2018 exclusive page or create one if it hasn't already been made. The ads are something every class does, something your class will also do by the end of next year, they will stop sometime by the start of the next school year. Also there's an option to "stop notifications" if they bother you. Looking forward to meeting your class in the fall.

Edit: also if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Every class has their own "exclusive" group they make, while the other one is open to all classes. Search for your 2018 exclusive page or create one if it hasn't already been made. The ads are something every class does, something your class will also do by the end of next year, they will stop sometime by the start of the next school year. Also there's an option to "stop notifications" if they bother you. Looking forward to meeting your class in the fall.

Edit: also if you have any questions feel free to PM me.
So because maybe we'll do it you feel it's okay for you to do it? It doesn't work that way. Two wrongs don't make a right. And besides, why should I bother to change notification settings when it's the other class that has invaded our class page? It's bull**** and it needs to stop.

So because maybe we'll do it you feel it's okay for you to do it? It doesn't work that way. Two wrongs don't make a right. And besides, why should I bother to change notification settings when it's the other class that has invaded our class page? It's bullcrap and it needs to stop.

Dang guy, chill out. If you're already this uptight about just the class facebook group you're going to stroke out before you even make it to IDIT.

Reactions: 1 user
So because maybe we'll do it you feel it's okay for you to do it? It doesn't work that way. Two wrongs don't make a right. And besides, why should I bother to change notification settings when it's the other class that has invaded our class page? It's bullcrap and it needs to stop.

As I mentioned, start an exclusive page. How is it wrong to post students selling material for cheaper and cheap housing options? Many student benefit and save money, gain ideas on where to live with some of those posts. I found a place to live because of last years ads and bought books for dirt cheap. Just because a select few don't like seeing them doesn't make the act of posting an ad "wrong." Totally agree with MRSAful Fate.

Dang guy, chill out. If you're already this uptight about just the class facebook group you're going to stroke out before you even make it to IDIT.
You're reading it angrier than it was intended, but I am annoyed.

As I mentioned, start an exclusive page. How is it wrong to post students selling material for cheaper and cheap housing options? Many student benefit and save money, gain ideas on where to live with some of those posts. I found a place to live because of last years ads and bought books for dirt cheap. Just because a select few don't like seeing them doesn't make the act of posting an ad "wrong." Totally agree with MRSAful Fate.
Start your own exclusive WesternU-Craigslist group and people interested can join. Why should we move from the group you invaded? Judging by other posts and likes, I'm not the only one annoyed. Good for you for finding a place to live and cheap books.

Start your own exclusive WesternU-Craigslist group and people interested can join. Why should we move from the group you invaded? Judging by other posts and likes, I'm not the only one annoyed. Good for you for finding a place to live and cheap books.

I am not a member of the 2018 group but thank you for the personalized attack. Good luck in your first year :nod:.

I received an email from Martha Huizar with links to the pre-matriculation checklist, immunization and physical forms and lab forms for titers. I also recall that she said she would be sending information and forms to fill out in the mail, but I haven't received those yet.

I guess this question's more for people who were called from the deferred acceptance group, will the Academic Requirements Hold in Banweb be lifted after they receive our transcripts?

Accepted off of the deferred list this afternoon! Beyond stoked to be part of CO2018!

Reactions: 3 users
Those forms are in the links, look on the admitted students webpage.

Just wondering, do most of you guys already have a place and roommate all lined up?

I still haven't decided on a place lol!

Nope. And now I'm tripping balls thinking everyone's found a place already.

I wouldn't be too worried, you still have time to figure it out. I would look on the ban web for a roommate and places. Some people didn't have a stable living situation until well into the first semester. FB is also a good option to find ideas/roommates. More people will join the group as the weeks go on and more people will be looking for roommates.

I wouldn't be too worried, you still have time to figure it out. I would look on the ban web for a roommate and places. Some people didn't have a stable living situation until well into the first semester. FB is also a good option to find ideas/roommates. More people will join the group as the weeks go on and more people will be looking for roommates.

Thanks for the reply. It seems like everyone started posting on Banweb since March/April and might have already found roomies. I also had my posting up for a few months but no one has yet contacted me.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the reply. It seems like everyone started posting on Banweb since March/April and might have already found roomies. I also had my posting up for a few months but no one has yet contacted me.

Trust me as the days go by and people decide on different schools people will be in need of roommates again and new people will be adding posts. There are also 2nd and third years looking for roommates that have posted on the Facebook groups and that's also a great option since they have already been through the first year and can probably be of assistance whenever you have questions. Maybe fix your original ban web post to sound more open-minded/friendly, not sure what you wrote but some of those posts can be a real turn-off depending on the wording and how picky you sound.

Just wondering, do most of you guys already have a place and roommate all lined up?

I still haven't decided on a place lol!
My wife and I just signed a lease today for an apartment near the claremont village. Don't worry about it, I'm sure there are many people in the same boat.

Is there anyone on here still waiting on the waitlist?

Is there anyone on here still waiting on the waitlist?

I was on the waitlist since December-ish after interviewing in October (not a deferral, straight waitlist), and received a call earlier this week that they had a seat open.
I'll be attending another school, so I hope you get the call soon! Good luck!

I was hoping for some advice, here is my situation: So I'm growing more concerned as to why I have not received even the secondary application invitation at Pamona? I am in state, 3.7 GPA with trends towards 4.0 over the last two years, 29 MCAT ( 8 VR 10 BIO 11PS) and only received the secondary for northwestern. I submitted my AACOMAS on 6/19, what do you guys think it could be? Should I contact the school? There have been many ppl who have submitted after me to AACOMAS and with worse numbers that received secondaries... whatsup here?

I was hoping for some advice, here is my situation: So I'm growing more concerned as to why I have not received even the secondary application invitation at Pamona? I am in state, 3.7 GPA with trends towards 4.0 over the last two years, 29 MCAT ( 8 VR 10 BIO 11PS) and only received the secondary for northwestern. I submitted my AACOMAS on 6/19, what do you guys think it could be? Should I contact the school? There have been many ppl who have submitted after me to AACOMAS and with worse numbers that received secondaries... whatsup here?
chilllllllllll, you'll get the secondary. just be patient. it's literally the second week of august. if it doesn't arrive then there is some HUGE glaring red flag on your app that you're not mentioning. have you ever been convicted of lascivious conduct or regicide?

also, I'd recommend posting in the 2014-2015 page. this is a year old and everyone on this page has already matriculated by now...which means they're not checking SDN much anymore

chilllllllllll, you'll get the secondary. just be patient. it's literally the second week of august. if it doesn't arrive then there is some HUGE glaring red flag on your app that you're not mentioning. have you ever been convicted of lascivious conduct or regicide?

also, I'd recommend posting in the 2014-2015 page. this is a year old and everyone on this page has already matriculated by now...which means they're not checking SDN much anymore

lol had to look up regicide... but I do have a DUI from February 2009, I am a reapplicant and got the secondary from Pomona last time around (applied in January)

Anybody going to the Western U Open House next week-end? Has anyone been to one of theirs before? If so, was it helpful or just touristy?

Hello all,
Since you have all applied if not already interviewed at WesternU do you know the match rates for residency? I looked online but for some reason I am not finding what I'm looking for.