Western University - Pomona (COMP) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Our interview (9/12) ended at pretty much 3:00 pm on the dot. Expect the interview to run till 3 (assuming yours starts at 7:45 am like ours).

As for preparing for MMI, there isn't much you can do to prepare yourself. Just go in with some confidence!

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the "Application Ready for Review" email. Any idea on the wait time between this email and a decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the "Application Ready for Review" email. Any idea on the wait time between this email and a decision?

Same here.

"Good News! Your application has been processed and sent to the College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Admissions Committee for review. Should you be selected for an interview, we will contact you via phone or email to schedule a convenient interview date. We will provide further details at that time."

Seriously, just tell me already, lol. +pissed+

Same here.

"Good News! Your application has been processed and sent to the College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Admissions Committee for review. Should you be selected for an interview, we will contact you via phone or email to schedule a convenient interview date. We will provide further details at that time."

Seriously, just tell me already, lol. +pissed+

Getting nervous for my interview. Glad I have a 5 hour flight to review my interview questions and answers etc.

I received an email Sept 17.

I was complete August 20.

Most recent ii so far! Congratz :) Thanks for giving us that info! Btw ur sig is really encouraging ^_^

I'm so anxious; all my materials were received on Aug. 12, and I received the "Application Ready for Review" on Aug 26. I really hope more II's are sent out soon. I'm so grateful for SDN or I would be a lot more stressed than I already am.

Last edited:
Most recent ii so far! Congratz :) Thanks for giving us that info! Btw ur sig is really encouraging ^_^

I'm so anxious; all my materials were received on Aug. 12, and I received the "Application Ready for Review" on Aug 26. I really hope more II's are sent out soon. I'm so grateful for SDN or I would be a lot more stressed than I already am.

Haha thanks. Second time applying to med school in general. First time was MD. Hopefully I get in somewhere this time.

for 9/12 ers are we gonna hear back by friday :scared::(

Starry you get an ii from Western yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
No. That's why I'm so anxious. :scared:

Don't be. I turned my secondary in like the day I got it, was complete on the first date they were completing people and received an ii just recently, MUCH later than the people completed after me.

Best of luck!

BAHHHHHH I keep checking my mailbox everyday after work. I only live 30 miles away so I should receive the letter the day after they send it out. Still no sign

so are we getting decisons tomorrow or what?

I hope so! I'd love to know how well you all did before my interview on Saturday :)

Hi I was wondering how long did it take for you to get an ii after you received you were complete . Thx

II. Got it by e-mail just an hour ago, SO EXCITED AND RELIEVED.
After weeks of keeping my phone on day and night and through class, they didn't even call me. One simple e-mail made my day :D:thumbup:

They offered me a choice btwn 10/26 and 11/9. I'm hoping for 10/26, and hope to see some of you guys there too! :cool:

All files received 8/12. Files sent for review 8/26. 3.4/3.4/33. OOS. WOOHOO.

II. Got it by e-mail just an hour ago, SO EXCITED AND RELIEVED.
After weeks of keeping my phone on day and night and through class, they didn't even call me. One simple e-mail made my day :D:thumbup:

They offered me a choice btwn 10/26 and 11/9. I'm hoping for 10/26, and hope to see some of you guys there too! :cool:

All files received 8/12. Files sent for review 8/26. 3.4/3.4/33. OOS. WOOHOO.

Wow congrats!!!!! :)
The waiting is a pain :/

BAHHHHHH I keep checking my mailbox everyday after work. I only live 30 miles away so I should receive the letter the day after they send it out. Still no sign

No signs of a letter again today :scared: :(

How strict is Western on the behavioral sci requirement? I've been complete for a while but am I being held back because I don't have psychology/sociology classes?

I've taken tons of religion/humanity classes and Touro said they would find something on my transcript to fill the behavioral sci prereq and not to worry about it. Is Western the same?

How strict is Western on the behavioral sci requirement? I've been complete for a while but am I being held back because I don't have psychology/sociology classes?

I've taken tons of religion/humanity classes and Touro said they would find something on my transcript to fill the behavioral sci prereq and not to worry about it. Is Western the same?

You aren't being held back because of the behavioral sci requirement. I haven't completed credits for those at all.

However, if you get an acceptance, definitely ask if some of your other classes can substitute. Otherwise, you would have to get those credits before matriculating.

You aren't being held back because of the behavioral sci requirement. I haven't completed credits for those at all.

However, if you get an acceptance, definitely ask if some of your other classes can substitute. Otherwise, you would have to get those credits before matriculating.

I see, thanks for the reply. Hopefully I end up with good news earlier so I don't have to scramble to take care of that stuff with 2 months left haha.

I see, thanks for the reply. Hopefully I end up with good news earlier so I don't have to scramble to take care of that stuff with 2 months left haha.

A simple intro to Psychology course can satisfy it.

I called the admissions office yesterday. The adcom was still reviewing our apps/interviews. Here's to good mail next week!

To anyone already interviewed: is the MMI and panel take about 30 min total or each? And they're in the morning?

To anyone already interviewed: is the MMI and panel take about 30 min total or each? And they're in the morning?
Please refer to the AACOM CIB for Western U. Interviews are 30 min long and MMIs are an additional 6 mins each. The day is done by 1400.

Hi I was wondering how long did it take for you to get an ii after you received you were complete . Thx
I received my 'complete' on 7/18, and received the ii on 8/20 for the 9/12 interview. Good luck to you!

I called the admissions office yesterday. The adcom was still reviewing our apps/interviews. Here's to good mail next week!

Ok, Western U must have finished reviewing some of the interviewed apps because I just got my acceptance letter this afternoon!! So stoked!!! It took exactly 15 days after the interview.

Non-traditional, OOS (born and raised in SoCal), MCAT 26, sGPA 3.47, cGPA 3.62. 33 y.o. RN with awesome wife, 4 kids, and 2 cats. :)

Ok, Western U must have finished reviewing some of the interviewed apps because I just got my acceptance letter this afternoon!! So stoked!!! It took exactly 15 days after the interview.

Non-traditional, OOS (born and raised in SoCal), MCAT 26, sGPA 3.47, cGPA 3.62. 33 y.o. RN with awesome wife, 4 kids, and 2 cats. :)

Woot congrats!!!!
I interview tomorrow :( good luck everyone!

Wow. Congrats. You gave lots of hope since my stats are similar to yours (slightly lower GPA, slightly higher MCAT). I reside 25 miles away from WesternU, so you could say this is my home school.

I interview on the 10th of October, do you have any interview tips, aside from "be yourself"?

what? so they dont send them out all at once? interesting

if we didnt get anything today is that a bad sign?

Accepted also, non-trad, 9/12'er

Congrats to both of you! 15 days isn't bad at all.

Congrats :))))