Western University - Pomona (COMP) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed Feb 5th. Received an acceptance letter and voicemail yesterday! The voicemail surprised me haha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Are they still handing out II? I applied late, but I'm still waiting for one...
I'm so SoCal resident

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so SoCal resident
I went to the admission office on Friday to put down my deposit and I also asked them about future interviews. They said they might be having more interviews in April but they are not sure yet. They have to see how many students are actually accepting the offer.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm so SoCal resident
How long ago did you submit? They were quick on the secondary for me, and I submitted pretty late. Also, they took a couple weeks to grant the interview, so I recommend having all your letters of rec sent in already.

I submitted mid January, and have been complete for more than a month....
I guess I'm still hoping....

I submitted mid January, and have been complete for more than a month....
I guess I'm still hoping....
Give them a call. I submitted to them early January and I think they got back pretty quickly with a II.

Thanks. I just called, and they said they are still reviewing my app... its been almost 6 weeks... its like I can't wait much longer....

Thanks. I just called, and they said they are still reviewing my app... its been almost 6 weeks... its like I can't wait much longer....

I submitted mid January too and I still haven't heard back yet. I might call this week to inquire but not sure yet.

@GirlDOc2017: did you send in letter of intent or any update to be pulled off the wait list? I know they are still interviewing people but the wait is killing me. Not sure when will they review applicants of the waitlist though. Mond shedding some hope? Thanks a lot :)

@GirlDOc2017: did you send in letter of intent or any update to be pulled off the wait list? I know they are still interviewing people but the wait is killing me. Not sure when will they review applicants of the waitlist though. Mond shedding some hope? Thanks a lot :)

Yes, I sent a letter of intent and got another recommendation letter added to my file.
They review all the applicants on the wait list every time a seat opens up.

Saw a bunch of interviewees today at school. Hope you all enjoyed the day!

What kind of rents do current students pay living close to the school?

Members don't see this ad :)
when do people generally come off the wait list?

does anyone know how many more interview days are left and which dates?

Anyone receive any updates on Alternate List status? Or anyone recently admitted?

really? When did you get this email? I have been on the waitlist for about 3 weeks now but didn't get that email...

really? When did you get this email? I have been on the waitlist for about 3 weeks now but didn't get that email...
wait-list since Oct 2014, they will send you an email every month update on your status. So I have been receive about 5 such emails for the last 5 months, yours will come next month I think. Have fun waiting, :sleep:

That's a big bummer. When did you last receive the email? Like what day should I be expecting it?

Im on the alternate list but havent received aby of that sort of email. Should i start freaking out? Lol

Im on the alternate list but havent received aby of that sort of email. Should i start freaking out? Lol
Oh, you guys, there is no reason to freak-out, yet, since they will accept the alternate list until the first day of class (August). And if you have been placed on the wait-list for less than 31 days, chances are you will receive your update-status email the following month. I have been following this wait-list since oct last year, and so far, no one post the acceptance off the wait-list yet in this forum. In fact, I have not seen any acceptance announcement for a while; the only list that filled is actually the alternate list.

i guess i must've completely zoned out during interview day, but is there a dress code at western?

anyone know if II's are still going out?

I got an email yesterday and yeah I'm quite bummed.

"Thank you for applying for admission to Western University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific. The admissions process is now closed for the class of 2019. If you are not accepted into a medical program this year, I encourage you to apply early for a place in the class of 2020. Applications will open early May, you may apply at www.aacom.org. Good luck to you in your future educational endeavors."

"Thank you for applying for admission to Western University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific. The admissions process is now closed for the class of 2019. If you are not accepted into a medical program this year, I encourage you to apply early for a place in the class of 2020. Applications will open early May, you may apply at www.aacom.org. Good luck to you in your future educational endeavors."
Sorry to hear that. I hope you are accepted to other DO programs. To be honest, I think all DO programs are very similar; the only reason I want Western is because it is so close to my home and family. I just hate to move my life away, again.

Has anybody got a deffered acceptace?! Are they doing that this year?! If so do they pull people off that list first then the alternate list?! Thank u :)

@FortheWIN_DO I just received the same email. I never heard anything from them after submitting my secondary application in January. Did you get into any programs or are you going to re-apply here? I just wonder if submitting a late application was the only reason we received this response.

@FortheWIN_DO I just received the same email. I never heard anything from them after submitting my secondary application in January. Did you get into any programs or are you going to re-apply here? I just wonder if submitting a late application was the only reason we received this response.

I got the same email today :/ I had been on pre-II hold since late October so it kind of stings. I'm on an alternate list for another school at the moment, but studying for the new MCAT in case I need to re-apply.

The thing that worries me about reapplying is they often ask why you are reapplying, and in this case I'm not even sure quite why I didn't get an II since I submitted my primary early (early June), submitted my secondary before their 10-day deadline and sent several update letters as well.

does anyone apply both Western campus, lebanon and pomona? I received the same email but it says WesternU-Lebanon campus; I suppose I still am in the running for Pomona campus? thanks

does anyone apply both Western campus, lebanon and pomona? I received the same email but it says WesternU-Lebanon campus; I suppose I still am in the running for Pomona campus? thanks
Lebanon is done offering interviews as far as I know. Not sure about pomona

I applied to both and received the same email for both campuses. So, Pomona is done with their application process as well

My friend called the admissions office and found out that the admissions committee hasn't made final decisions for the March interviewees yet. We will have to wait until the second week of April....:(

Hey guys!!

I am 98% sure I will be matriculating in the fall and I was wondering if there is a Facebook group that I can join or tips from current students regarding housing and just things for me to start my medical career off on the right foot!

Thanks!!

My friend called the admissions office and found out that the admissions committee hasn't made final decisions for the March interviewees yet. We will have to wait until the second week of April....:(

Yeah they said they would be meeting first week of April and decisions would be sent out the second week of April.

Sorry to ask again but Has anybody got a deffered acceptace?! Are they doing that this year?! If so do they pull people off that list first then the alternate list?! Thank u :)

Hi everyone! To those who have already put in their 2 deposits, have you seen in your bank account that WesternU taken the money yet? I got an email confirmation that both deposits have been received but no money have been taken out yet. This is since March! Thanks!

Hey guys I'll be applying in the 2015/16 cycle and wondering if someone could share the secondary prompts here? Good luck with the interviews!

anyone know if newly accepted students can benefit from the gym/fitness reimbursements?

Hi everyone! I'm usually a follower rather than a poster on SDN, but since I've been watching this thread like a hawk since since my interview, I thought I'd share my status since other people are probably watching too.

I got my deferred acceptance today in the mail!

Stats:
Submitted primary: Oct 2014
Submitted secondary: Feb 2015 (late for personal reasons)
II: Feb 2015
Interview: March 2015
MCAT: V7P10B9 (third attempt)
GPA: 3.92

Good luck everyone with the process, both for this cycle and next! :)

Hi everyone! I'm usually a follower rather than a poster on SDN, but since I've been watching this thread like a hawk since since my interview, I thought I'd share my status since other people are probably watching too.

I got my deferred acceptance today in the mail!

Stats:
Submitted primary: Oct 2014
Submitted secondary: Feb 2015 (late for personal reasons)
II: Feb 2015
Interview: March 2015
MCAT: V7P10B9 (third attempt)
GPA: 3.92

Good luck everyone with the process, both for this cycle and next! :)
Congrats!!! But can I ask what a deferred acceptance is?

Yes I think so! According to previous year threads when they start giving out deferred acceptances the class is full and whoever drops out they start calling the deferred acceptance people then the alternate list people to fill out the class! Im on the alternate list and The wait is killing me!!! Does anybody know when the last day of interview was?!