Western University - Pomona (COMP) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would you mind linking to what kind of diagnostic set we get? Just want to get an idea of which one the school is giving us.
It's a WelchAllyn. I don't know what specific model it is. Stethoscope is a Littman Cardio 3.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha I think I must have gotten the call after you. I was accepted a spot and will accept it. Thanks for denying yours! Good luck this year!

Reactions: 1 users
Does Western give the WelchAllen and Littmann for free or does it come out of our deposit/tuition or something? Input from current students? @AlbinoHawk DO

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone gotten accepted from the waitlist after send a LOI?

Any waitlist movements? It is July already; and Greek already defaulted on its debt. I guess it is too late to hope. Oh well

Hi everyone

I applied this cycle for a seat in Fall of 2016. What are my chances at an interview?

GPA = 3.1
sGPA = 3.2
MCAT 2015 = 513 (33-34 on old)
ECs- ER scribe for over a year (1500+ hours); 2 semesters of research (150+ hours); surgery center shadowing (300+ hours), a few more .

Hi everyone

I applied this cycle for a seat in Fall of 2016. What are my chances at an interview?

GPA = 3.1
sGPA = 3.2
MCAT 2015 = 513 (33-34 on old)
ECs- ER scribe for over a year (1500+ hours); 2 semesters of research (150+ hours); surgery center shadowing (300+ hours), a few more .
That GPA will be something that will hold you back. Can you do some grade replacement to boost that?

That GPA will be something that will hold you back. Can you do some grade replacement to boost that?

I'll be starting the Global Medicine Master's at USC this coming August, which is basically a SMP. Figured with the 33-34 on the MCAT I might as well do well at a SMP and reapply to both DO and MD again if I don't get in anywhere this cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be starting the Global Medicine Master's at USC this coming August, which is basically a SMP. Figured with the 33-34 on the MCAT I might as well do well at a SMP and reapply to both DO and MD again if I don't get in anywhere this cycle.
That's probably one of the most useless masters there is. It's not real science, not a real SMP and it's overpriced.

For those on the waitlist or rejected, don't lose hope guys. I remember getting getting rejected from Western post-interview: no waitlist no nothing. Pretty low point for me, because Western is a good school and I would have liked attending. So I took the gap year to improve my app and eventually ended up at another med school which I just love. We will all end up where we belong, i think. No knock on Western. If you don't make it off the waitlist, just go back to the drawing board and work a bit harder. Your time will come, and if not here, then somewhere else!

Hey guys, does anyone know what a typical Friday schedule is like for 1st yr students?
I'm asking because my brother is getting married on the east coast in the fall, and while the actual wedding is on Saturday, I was hoping to fly out on Friday so it wouldn't be hectic. I don't wanna miss out on anything important though.

ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST TODAY!!!!! Holy cow, see you all in 10 days.

Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST TODAY!!!!! Holy cow, see you all in 10 days.

DUDE, awesome, awesome job. I can't imagine how excruciating the wait must have been. You've been so patient and it all paid off. Congratulations!

Just got accepted today!!!! Dont know where to start!!!! See you all soon:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Accepted yesterday! Good luck to those still waiting!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone,
I am looking for the 2015-16 thread, but couldn't find one, and I apologize to be posting here. I'm still waiting to hear back after submitting my secondary for 2015-16 cycle. Do they offer interviews post-October??

Hi everyone,
I have applied to WesternU Pomona campus for the 2015-16 cycle, but couldn't locate the thread. I apologize to be posting here but does anyone know if they offer interviews after October? I haven't heard back since being complete.

Thanks

Oops sorry never mind just found it. Please ignore :)