Western University - Pomona (COMP) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any 12/3 interviewees hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted on Friday :) Very excited and hoping to get the letter soon. I didn't feel that good about the 2 on 1 interview so I'm pretty relieved.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted on Friday :) Very excited and hoping to get the letter soon. I didn't feel that good about the 2 on 1 interview so I'm pretty relieved.

12/3 group? which color? congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an II after being put on hold last week

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted! Got the call at around 5:15 pm pacific time. 12/3 interview date

Reactions: 3 users
If you are on pre-interview hold, there is hope! I got the pre-interview hold email last week and just got an interview invitation email today!

To those of you that have been accepted, how quickly do you have to commit?

Reactions: 2 users
If you are on pre-interview hold, there is hope! I got the pre-interview hold email last week and just got an interview invitation email today!

To those of you that have been accepted, how quickly do you have to commit?

January 29th for my date

Accepted today! Nice work on the 2 week timeline, Western! Interviewed on 12/3.

accepted today! interviewed on 12/3 as well

hey, i was plaed on hold a week ago but I just got the interview!! everybody hold tight honestly anything can happen :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the IIs!!

I sent in my secondary in 2 weeks ago and they barely marked my letters of rec as received on Tuesday. I got an email saying that I should be receiving an email stating I that my app is complete "shortly", but I have yet to receive it. How long did it take you guys to receive your complete email after your letters were marked as received?

Congrats on the IIs!!

I sent in my secondary in 2 weeks ago and they barely marked my letters of rec as received on Tuesday. I got an email saying that I should be receiving an email stating I that my app is complete "shortly", but I have yet to receive it. How long did it take you guys to receive your complete email after your letters were marked as received?

Took me 3 weeks to go from secondary submitted to complete/under review

For those of you accepted, what group were you guys in?? If I didn't get a call today, does that most likely mean that I won't be hearing an acceptance in the mail :(
I would like to know this as well. Interviewed on 12/3 but did not receive a phone call. Assumed that I would hear about the decision via a letter in the mail

For those of you who received II after placed on hold, what are you stats?

Yea I'd like to know as well. I was placed on hold pre-II on 10/16 and haven't heard anything either.

I would like to know this as well. Interviewed on 12/3 but did not receive a phone call. Assumed that I would hear about the decision via a letter in the mail

I was in red group! A friend of mine (I think he was in the blue group) who interviewed on the same day told me that they would be making calls today as well

Put on hold pre-II yesterday. "Ready for review" email 12/7. IS LizzyM ~67-69

hold pre-II on 12/09, and II yesterday on 12/16!

Stats are 3.5 cgpa/sgpa and 513 MCAT to help those on hold.

I was in blue group

Accepted today, received a call around 10:30 am :happy::soexcited: interviewed 12/3 blue group!

Reactions: 3 users
Hold today... Hopefully I can get an II soon. Seems like some people are having some luck getting off of hold. Hopefully I am one of them!

Accepted! Got the phone call today and stammered like a blathering idiot. interviewed 12/3 & red group represent

Got a pre interview hold email last night (since I'm east coast). Disheartening but better than a rejection.
Anyone know what us hold applicants can do to get our name on that interview list?

Got a pre interview hold email last night (since I'm east coast). Disheartening but better than a rejection.
Anyone know what us hold applicants can do to get our name on that interview list?
Bribery might work.
tickets-on-sale-october.jpg

Hey all, so I know there's quite been a bit of posts. I was placed on hold but got the interview like a week later so please do not worry if you're on hold. My stats were (to the person asking) 3.7 cgpa, 3.7 sgpa. 30 MCAT. Best of luck y'all!

When were you complete/under review?

sent my LORs on Dec. 3 via Interfolio and the school's portal still has blank spaces next to them -- anyone have trouble with this? I'm gonna try to call Western on Monday.

Received an II after being put on hold as well. 27 MCAT 3.5/3.5

Never been so excited for 2016. Over a month and counting.