Western University - Pomona (COMP) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else's LOR not showing up as received on the application portal? I submitted my LORs well over a month ago when I received the secondary and to this day for both the Pomona and Lebanon campuses it shows my LORs haven't been received?

I wonder if this is keeping my application from being complete and reviewed by admissions

I'm in the same boat...submitted my secondary 7/28 and still "incomplete." Strangely, one LOR is marked as received (from one of my science professors), but I'm still marked as "missing DO/MD LOR" even though one was included with my secondary. From everything I've read on this thread it seems like they're really backlogged, especially with LOR's. But if I were you, I'd probably call them since it's been so long.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
II just now via email!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
the entire process IMHO Is a crapshoot (not to take away from anybody who has II's or anything). I can't imagine how much it is luck as it is legitimacy because there are probably tons of apps that are pretty good.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats guys!

Complete dates for those with II?

Just got the secondary... took them so long to screen me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the complete email on 08/11 and still no II yet. :( For those who got IIs, what are your stats? And in-state or out of state?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Were you guys assigned dates for your interviews? Trying to see when they start.

Anyone's secondary marked complete? I submitted mine at least two weeks ago and it still says it's incomplete even though my letters and scores have been in AACOMAS forever.

The website shows that everything is received but I haven't received a complete email. For those with IIs, did you guys receive a complete email before the interview invite? Thanks.

The website shows that everything is received but I haven't received a complete email. For those with IIs, did you guys receive a complete email before the interview invite? Thanks.
I received a complete email about seven days after I submitted all my materials.

Does anyone who got an II mind sharing their stats? Thanks! :)

Just got my secondary yesterday!

Struggling to answer this:
What is your specific interest in the osteopathic medicine program at COMP – Pomona Campus?

Do they mean, Why do I want to go there/like their school? Seems very similar to the question following it:

Why am I a good "fit" for the school...

Do you guys think its ok if I submitted my secondary after 3 weeks of receiving the email? Should I email them to express more interest? I just checked the site and it said there was a deadline for submitting it 2 weeks after you got the email but I had no idea till now...:(

Source please. I wanted to wait until Preview day to submit the supplementary application. Now, I'm not sure I can.

Just got my secondary yesterday!

Struggling to answer this:
What is your specific interest in the osteopathic medicine program at COMP – Pomona Campus?

Do they mean, Why do I want to go there/like their school? Seems very similar to the question following it:

Why am I a good "fit" for the school...

The "why us?" question is basically "how does our mission and curriculum etc... Match with your goals?"

The "why us?" question is basically "how does our mission and curriculum etc... Match with your goals?"
lol, way to confuse me further! Which question is "why us"; they could both be perceived that way....

What is your specific interest in the osteopathic medicine program at COMP – Pomona Campus
Answer: I like your location

Describe why you see yourself as a great “fit” for our school.
Answer: I have lived in CA for X years and so I share...

Along those lines?

lol, way to confuse me further! Which question is "why us"; they could both be perceived that way....

It's not confusing. "Specific interest in DO program at Western?"

Does anybody know where I can get better info on their curriculum during clerk and preclerk years? I swear their website is nearly useless. It has a lot of info, but hardly gets into specifics. Or maybe, I'm being blind?

I guess I'm also poorly informed on how they educate students in the clerkship years with regards to terminology. What "type" of learning occurs during the clerkship years at Pomona or other schools?

II! :happy: Secondary complete 8/6. II invite 8/13. Super fast!

Anyone going on 9/24?!

My secondary was received 8/3. When should I expect it to be marked complete?

My secondary was received 8/3. When should I expect it to be marked complete?
My secondary was received July 24th and references were sent in even before that... still not complete but there are also applicants who seem to be marked complete relatively quickly. I don't think there is a definite answer to your question. Just sit tight and hope you are one of the lucky ones :)!

II this morning as well! :banana: Also 9/24

I was complete on 8/10 but haven't received a II. Based on this thread many people who are complete after me are already getting interviews. Should I take it as a silent rejection for this school? Or are they just handling things in different orders?

Complete 8/11, II 8/17, IS. Signed up for 9/24 but no confirmation email yet. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
I was complete on 8/10 but haven't received a II. Based on this thread many people who are complete after me are already getting interviews. Should I take it as a silent rejection for this school? Or are they just handling things in different orders?

same boat...

Do you have to have all letters of recommendation submitted to AACOMAS before schools begin to review your application?

Guys my secondary was received 8/3 but it still says "incomplete-items outstanding" even though I know all my letters and stuff are in. Is this normal?

Guys my secondary was received 8/3 but it still says "incomplete-items outstanding" even though I know all my letters and stuff are in. Is this normal?

I submitted my secondary on July 27 and am still not complete. So I'm assuming they're still working on it.

Do you have to have all letters of recommendation submitted to AACOMAS before schools begin to review your application?

I think so; I submitted my secondary and everything except my letters was marked as received mid July and still no updates :( I think it's based on how many they can go through a day, plus they just started classes last week so I imagine it's pretty hectic.. (or that's what I'm telling myself)