Western University - Pomona (COMP) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you all for your help! Best of luck to everyone in this next batch!

Also, rhedr001 that made me laugh out loud haha it is absolutely not mine either.:highfive:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone get the Join us for WesternU Preview email?? I thought it said Join us for WesternU Interview!!!

Did anyone get the Join us for WesternU Preview email?? I thought it said Join us for WesternU Interview!!!

I did, and of course went to check my portal to see if I was accepted since the whole trivia email thing earlier was for accepted students. Alas, still waiting for my decision....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! First off, congrats to those of you that have been accepted! I am hoping I have the opportunity to join you. Secondly, I am in that "nervous-constantly-checking-emails-and-online-portals" state, hoping for a little mercy. It has been 2 and a half weeks since I had everything submitted, almost 2 weeks since receiving the "Application Ready for Review" email. I have heard nothing yet, and wondering if anyone is in the same boat/ knows how much longer I should be waiting. Thanks for the help, team!

When did you interview?

Withdrawing acceptance, good luck everyone.

For those who interviewed on Oct 6th, i called the adcom today. They told me that today is adcom meeting and they will make decision for half of the Oct 5th interviewee and the other half will be decided on Oct 27th. WE should expect to hear back within 2 weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
For those who interviewed on Oct 6th, i called the adcom today. They told me that today is adcom meeting and they will make decision for half of the Oct 5th interviewee and the other half will be decided on Oct 27th. WE should expect to hear back within 2 weeks.
THANK YOU FOR THIS... I interviewed that day as well and have been waiting anxiously since Monday. Glad I now know I can wait until at least NEXT Monday to freak out! Do you know if they send rejections as well, or is it a silent rejection?

Sorry if this is a dumb Q, but do you mean 2 weeks after today?

THANK YOU FOR THIS... I interviewed that day as well and have been waiting anxiously since Monday. Glad I now know I can wait until at least NEXT Monday to freak out! Do you know if they send rejections as well, or is it a silent rejection?

I'm not sure about rejection letter. But you can call in to check your status. They will let you know if you are rejected or accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Right now I am in the post-secondary, pre-interview waiting phase. I constantly check my application and email (naturally), and see that my application status is just staying as "Application Materials Received". Does this ever change prior to receiving an interview, altering me that my application is being reviewed? Or should I not even bother checking the online portal anymore, and just wait (and wait..) for news via email of either and interview or a hold or a rejection?

Right now I am in the post-secondary, pre-interview waiting phase. I constantly check my application and email (naturally), and see that my application status is just staying as "Application Materials Received". Does this ever change prior to receiving an interview, altering me that my application is being reviewed? Or should I not even bother checking the online portal anymore, and just wait (and wait..) for news via email of either and interview or a hold or a rejection?

I've already interviewed and nothing has changed on the portal for me. I got my II via email.

how long did it take you guys to hear back for an II invite after getting the "application ready for review" email?

Oh nice I got the email on 9/30 so I'm hoping to hear some good news soon
Do u mind sharing your stats?
LizzyM < 65, ORM

I'm sure this month is super busy for the admin office since they're processing /sorting interviewees as well as applications, so I wouldn't be surprised if they got back to applicants a little later!

Has anyone else been getting emails to apply? I've taken a look at the website but I am not sure if I should or not seeing as I am across the country and it is sort of late-ish.

Got the application ready for review email 10/21 now the wait is on! Definitely my top choice so fingers crossed

How long does it take to receive a secondary? I submitted my app a while ago but I think they may have forgotten about me.

Well, rejected post-interview today. -.- (interviewed 10/6)

Good luck to all! (LizzyM ~68 for those curious)

They did email me, but I was kind of expecting it, definitely felt I could have interviewed better. First time interviewing is the hardest I think.

Best of luck to all of you! :)

Reactions: 2 users
They did email me, but I was kind of expecting it, definitely felt I could have interviewed better. First time interviewing is the hardest I think.

Best of luck to all of you! :)
Thanks deforestasian! :) Hoping this cycle goes well for all of us!:luck::luck::luck:

Anyone in the yellow group from 10/6 hear anything (status updates, etc)? Literally been checking my e-mail nonstop :help:

Last edited:
anybody email completed between Sep 15 and Sep 30, are you still yet to receive an II?

Complete 09/08, no news either way...this is definitely one of my top schools so I'm really hoping they just missed my app/will be looking at it soon!

Anyone in the yellow group from 10/6 hear anything (status updates, etc)? Literally been checking my e-mail nonstop :help:
I was that day, different group. Got my notification in the mail yesterday. Best of luck :)

Reactions: 3 users
Hi, for interviews how many minutes did the students have to read the MMI questions and how many minutes was each scenario? was it 1 and 5 or 2 and 8...thank you

I was that day, different group. Got my notification in the mail yesterday. Best of luck :)
Are you by any chance in the Red group? :D
I live pretty close to the campus and so far, no mail. Guess I have to wait another week to know because I heard the Committee divided the 10/06 interviewees into two groups.

Are you by any chance in the Red group? :D
I live pretty close to the campus and so far, no mail. Guess I have to wait another week to know because I heard the Committee divided the 10/06 interviewees into two groups.
yea I was! and ya I guess that they do it that way. good luck!

Hi, for interviews how many minutes did the students have to read the MMI questions and how many minutes was each scenario? was it 1 and 5 or 2 and 8...thank you
They will explain it. pretty straightforward. i don't remember the time though

Interviewed 10/6 and was accepted according to the portal!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 2 users
For the secondary essay about shadowing, would it be okay also bring up my own personal experience with being treated by a DO? Or do they just want shadowing experience?

I did my own experience being treated, but was sure to add shadowing as well. Not saying I should have done it, because I'm yet to receive an interview. But I did it haha

Has anyone else in the 10/6 interview group not received a response at all yet? I was in the red group.

I called yesterday, and they said that we should hear back within the next week as they have officially decided on the entire 10/6 interview group. I believe they decided on the first two groups (red, blue) already, so people should have received a notification this entire past week (rejections: sent via e-mail on Monday, acceptances noted on portal/mail, alternate waitlist <- not too sure how they notify). They most likely are sending out decisions for the latter two groups (green (?), yellow) next week.

Do you guys think it's okay to include the physician's name in the first secondary essay regarding shadowing an osteopathic physician? Or should I just use first letter of last name when referring to him? He's a faculty member of the school.

Does Western accept update letters (like finally getting some DO shadowing for one of their professors and attending a few Western org event clinics)