western university (pomona) interview questions ( for application cycle 13-14)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received an e-mail from them a couple days ago saying that my application is on "hold". After seeing all you guys that have been granted interviews and waitlisted, I'm going to assume that being on hold is a rejection. Why would they just not tell me I was rejected? I have only had problems with this program and it has been very frustrating. I applied there last cycle as well and they never said a word to me about anything. I've been accepted to a couple other schools, so it's not really a huge deal, but this was definitely one of my top choice schools... so I guess that's why it's so frustrating. Anyways, congrats to you guys that have been accepted, and good-luck you guys on the waitlist!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I received an e-mail from them a couple days ago saying that my application is on "hold". After seeing all you guys that have been granted interviews and waitlisted, I'm going to assume that being on hold is a rejection. Why would they just not tell me I was rejected? I have only had problems with this program and it has been very frustrating. I applied there last cycle as well and they never said a word to me about anything. I've been accepted to a couple other schools, so it's not really a huge deal, but this was definitely one of my top choice schools... so I guess that's why it's so frustrating. Anyways, congrats to you guys that have been accepted, and good-luck you guys on the waitlist!
I was on "hold" for about a month and then taken off and granted an interview. So keep your head up it still possible :)

Members don't see this ad :)

Which other schools have you been accepted into if you don't mind me asking and which one are you planning on joining?

So I felt that I would not get accepted because my interview was on 1/29. After exchanging a few emails with Alberto and a phone call today, I found out that apparently I had been accepted on 2/12 but I wasn't sent an acceptance letter. So don't give up hope! After being put on multiple waitlists, this is my first acceptance! I am so excited :).

So I felt that I would not get accepted because my interview was on 1/29. After exchanging a few emails with Alberto and a phone call today, I found out that apparently I had been accepted on 2/12 but I wasn't sent an acceptance letter. So don't give up hope! After being put on multiple waitlists, this is my first acceptance! I am so excited :).
Congrats!

I interviewed on 1/29 and have also been waitlisted. Western U was the only school I applied to this cycle and the only school I wanted to attend. I was very fortunate to receive an interview invite. What this program and school embodied as whole in its humanistic approach to patient care and what current and previous DPT students have done in the program really inspired me to attend here. Unfortunately, I have been waitlisted. I'm going to stay hopeful and positive as much as I can. Praying to my ancestors. x] lol Good luck to everyone.

Congrats!

Which other schools have you been accepted into if you don't mind me asking and which one are you planning on joining?

I was accepted to Touro University Nevada and Touro College New York. I was also offered an interview at a couple schools but I declined them because I would choose TUN over them anyhow. I'll most likely be attending TUN but I still have a couple schools to hear back from.

Got acceptance to Western U from the waitlist today! I am not going to attend, so for those who are waiting to hear from them, you still have a chance!

Got acceptance to Western U from the waitlist today! I am not going to attend, so for those who are waiting to hear from them, you still have a chance!

As someone who is deciding between western and another school, I'd like to know which school are you going to? And why are you deciding to decline your western acceptance?

As someone who is deciding between western and another school, I'd like to know which school are you going to? And why are you deciding to decline your western acceptance?
I am going to University of St Augustine. It's my first-choice school because they have a part-time program (so I will not have to take 20 units at a time) with on-line lectures (I never enjoyed sitting at lectures in the class), and I will need to go there only for labs on weekends.
Downside: they do not offer Grad Plus loan. But I am willing to compromise on that for the "comforts" listed above:).

would you mind sharing your GPA?

I am going to University of St Augustine. It's my first-choice school because they have a part-time program (so I will not have to take 20 units at a time) with on-line lectures (I never enjoyed sitting at lectures in the class), and I will need to go there only for labs on weekends.
Downside: they do not offer Grad Plus loan. But I am willing to compromise on that for the "comforts" listed above:).
What type of loans do they offer? I applied for Jan 2015 class?

@tke
For WesternU: Not sure about the cumulative GPA... Probabaly between 3.1 and 3.2. Prerequisite GPA: probably between 3.6 and 3.7. And I did not do that well on the interview:).
For USA: Last 60 hours GPA is around 3.5. Prerequisite GPA around 3.6. GRE: 294.
Observation hours: 250 outpatient ortho; 210 post-acute SNC; 50 sub-acute pediatric.
USA offers Stafford loan (federal); it's $20,500 a year. No other federal loans are available. Private loans are Sallie Mae and Well Fargo. Or you can go and get a private loan somewhere else. I have no credit history, so a co-signer is required for the private loans.
Another option is a loan that looks like it does not have any interest rate (I did not look very close into it), but you have to pay it while at school: you can get a loan for 9 months, for example, and pay it off by the end of those 9 months. This loan is only for tuition, books, and school fees. (here is the link: http://www.usa.edu/p65-349-Tuition-Payment-Programs.aspx
The loans that they offer may change, I guess... For example, they started to offer Well Fargo just less than a month ago.

Last edited:
I got accepted to WesternU a few weeks ago and have accepted! =D