Western University Pre-req Sheet Questions?

predentalgirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am filling out this Prerequisite Worksheet for Western right now, and it seems slightly confusing, esp biology classes.

So I am guessing from this website (http://prospective.westernu.edu/dentistry/requirements-2/), I cannot use my Bio 151/152 classes (which are listed as Introductory Biology) on my transcript.

So I am going to put Immunology (which doesn't have a lab), and General Survey of Microbiology (which has a lab, and IP at the moment).
Would that be okay?

I called the admissions office today, and the lady wasn't very clear.

It also says on the website that 8 semester hours are required with lab. I can't fit my IP classes on that worksheet, but I will be taking Anatomy with Lab and Physiology with Lab this upcoming year. Should I include those in my sheet instead of Microbio and Immunology?

It also says for the rest of the sections, none of the courses can be introductory.
Aren't all courses basically introductory? Like Both general chems, and then both organic chems, and both physics? (On my transcript they read "General", but I am just curious).

ALSO, my school does not have A-/B+/B- deal. We use the AB/BC system. So in this sheet, what does a BC convert to? Or an AB?

Basically, they are going to have my transcript regardless, so I guess this sheet isn't the most important thing. But I am just covering my ground.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am filling out this Prerequisite Worksheet for Western right now, and it seems slightly confusing, esp biology classes.

So I am guessing from this website (http://prospective.westernu.edu/dentistry/requirements-2/), I cannot use my Bio 151/152 classes (which are listed as Introductory Biology) on my transcript.

So I am going to put Immunology (which doesn't have a lab), and General Survey of Microbiology (which has a lab, and IP at the moment).
Would that be okay?

I called the admissions office today, and the lady wasn't very clear.

It also says on the website that 8 semester hours are required with lab. I can't fit my IP classes on that worksheet, but I will be taking Anatomy with Lab and Physiology with Lab this upcoming year. Should I include those in my sheet instead of Microbio and Immunology?

It also says for the rest of the sections, none of the courses can be introductory.
Aren't all courses basically introductory? Like Both general chems, and then both organic chems, and both physics? (On my transcript they read "General", but I am just curious).

ALSO, my school does not have A-/B+/B- deal. We use the AB/BC system. So in this sheet, what does a BC convert to? Or an AB?

Basically, they are going to have my transcript regardless, so I guess this sheet isn't the most important thing. But I am just covering my ground.

Thanks!

Some schools have "introductory" science courses that are meant for non-science majors to complete general education requirements or for people with a weak high school science background to get up to pace. The first year "general" course for science majors/pre-health students is not what is meant by introductory in this case.

I would suggest you use the AADSAS grade.

Some schools have "introductory" science courses that are meant for non-science majors to complete general education requirements or for people with a weak high school science background to get up to pace. The first year "general" course for science majors/pre-health students is not what is meant by introductory in this case.

I would suggest you use the AADSAS grade.

AADSAS uses the intermediate grades too.. It's okay. I probably will try to call again and ask how this works!

Thanks for the advice/input though!