western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thebigaristotle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ad

Members don't see this ad.

Oops, I meant to ask if anyone has heard anything from Western yet.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My friend is currently in the western program. He noticed that in early Jan they were holding interviews and asked if I had been invited. I haven't and he doesn't think I have a good chance of being accepted. Well my application was a little late so that may have been a factor.

I have an interview this month on the 24th. They usually have a series of interviews... I think the interviews start as early as Dec. Or Jan. and they go until April. Just be patient I was offered a march interview last year in late February. It may take a while longer since you said you submitted later. Good luck!!!

Last edited:
I also submitted my application late. I didn't have all the content to complete the app by the deadline but I sent whatever I had and sent the rest later. I ended up calling them about this matter and the person on the phone told me that I might not get my application reviewed because of it. I gave it a shot anyway and still waiting to hear from them.

I submitted my application back in October and just got offered an interview yesterday at Western (Feb 24) They'll definitely be holding more in the spring so keep checking your email...good luck! :luck:

I was offered an interview earlier this week. I believe they are holding interviews between now and the end of March.

Is there anyone who submitted their app early November and still waiting from Western? I'm anxiously waiting :p ps. How were your interviews go? :thumbup:

I interviewed on Wednesday and got accepted on Thursday! :soexcited:

DeePT, I also interviewed on Wednesday and also got accepted! Congratulations!

i interviewed wednesday the 24th and got accepted the next day. but i'm debating between UOP and Western

Congrats oschrndz & ptballer! I was at the morning interview session. I'm still deciding too but I'm leaning towards it so far. I'm from NY so if anyone has any input I'd appreciate it!

In case anyone has not heard from Western yet, I finally received an interview from Western last Friday. There is hope for people that are still waiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those who got accepted! Very happy for you guys that all the hard works are finally paying off. :thumbup:

@ SoCalPT: Thank you very much for you comforting words to those that are still waiting, including me. Thank you! :)

For everyone still waiting: I was told our interview day was one of the biggest yet...about 15-20 people. All the previous ones only had about 5. Western accepts around 45 people so there are PLENTY of spots left and many more interviews to go! Good luck to those still waiting :luck: Keep us posted :xf:

I was wondering if anyone here already interviewed with western. My interview is tomorrow and I wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations. Any particular questions I should be aware of?

I was wondering if anyone here already interviewed with western. My interview is tomorrow and I wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations. Any particular questions I should be aware of?

I've heard that they asked questions relating to the schools mission statement - how you can relate to it and stuff.

I interviewed last Wednesday and was accepted last night. From what they told me they are still a lot of spots left. Good luck.

Congrats SoCalPT! Are you planning on going there? If so, I'll see you in August!

Good luck dny22! I think their interviews go throughout March and April so you still have plenty of time for an interview offer. Keep us posted! :)

Good luck! :xf:

Last edited:
Thanks DeePT. I just recieved an offer for an interview and scheduled it for next week. Excited, but I seriously suck at interviews.

That is exactly what happened to me. I had my application sent to review. The next day I had an interview scheduled for the following Wednesday and then I got my acceptance email two days later. It seems pretty standard for Western. If you have any questions about the interview just PM me.

Aside from getting a pretty bad cold, I finally got my interview offer from Western this week. Thank you guys for keeping the thread going and my hopes up. :laugh:

Got my interview on Wed and got my acceptance today. They've told me that they have 2 or 3 more rounds of interview, and they're still keeping spots opened for potential candidates. Best of luck~

I'm just so glad the round of waiting for news was over. Now, I just need to make a decision. I've always thought Western is my school of choice because it has a very solid program and it is only 15 min away from my house. It's times for some deep thinking.

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site (my brother tells me great things about it) and I just wanted to start off by saying congrats to everyone who got in! Excited to start the journey?? This is my second time applying to Western and I got an email stating my application is being processed on March 30. I received an email yesterday (April 7) stating I got an interview for Wed the 14th. I'm so nervous and excited! Does anyone who already interviewed have tips on how to do well? Or know of anything I should be familiar with? Was there an essay to write during the interview process? All the help would be really appreciated!

I've recently been accepted to Western U and I was wondering if anyone had information regarding housing for PT students? Is anyone looking for a roommate for next fall?

Congrats on your acceptance! I'm going there too. There isn't any housing through the university. There are two apartment complexes right next to campus where some students live. Other than that I've heard people end up commuting, especially if they're from the area. There are plenty of surrounding areas within a short driving distance or with public transportation. You can look at some through your BanWeb account.

Personally I'm looking into living near the downtown LA area. I'm from NY, but have a lot of friends that live there. It's a bit far but there's a bus I can take so I wouldn't have to worry about traffic. I guess it just comes down to what works best for you personally.

Do you know where you're planning to live at all yet? I'm hoping to fly out there and take a look sometime this summer. If anyone else has any input it would definitely be appreciated! :)

I have no idea what specific area that I'm planning on living in, but I know that I was concerned about downtown LA area being really expensive and kind of far to commute. Do you know other western students that commute? I'm in norcal right now but I'll probably head down sometime over summer to check out some places.