WesternU C/O 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted my supplemental at the beginning of September and the VMCAS on September 19.... I received the "Application Complete" email on October 7.

Yeah I submitted mine some time in August... received the email around the same time as you

Members don't see this ad.

hey,
do any of you know the deadline for fall transcripts? i can't find the date anywhere, but i assume they are required...

thanks! :)

hey,
do any of you know the deadline for fall transcripts? i can't find the date anywhere, but i assume they are required...

thanks! :)

They are due by January 31, 2012, according to the email that I have.

Members don't see this ad :)
So which day is everyone interviewing...? I've been confirmed for Saturday January 28- I'll only miss one day of work by flying out on Friday & flying home Sunday.

I'm also on Saturday the 28th, bought my ticket.

For all those people going to Western for an interview, I would suggest if you rent a car to check out Claremont. It is super super cute, has good restaurants, is near the claremont colleges. Pomona itself isn't the loveliest city, but Claremont is 11 minute drive away. Just a suggestion from this South Bay (aka beach cities) girlie!

For all those people going to Western for an interview, I would suggest if you rent a car to check out Claremont. It is super super cute, has good restaurants, is near the claremont colleges. Pomona itself isn't the loveliest city, but Claremont is 11 minute drive away. Just a suggestion from this South Bay (aka beach cities) girlie!

Thanks! My mom is actually from LA but I have never been... she will NOT shut up about how excited she is to show me her old house and blah blah blah lol I'm excited to drive around and see her old stomping ground:p

And I am interviewing on the 28th as well

Thanks! My mom is actually from LA but I have never been... she will NOT shut up about how excited she is to show me her old house and blah blah blah lol I'm excited to drive around and see her old stomping ground:p

And I am interviewing on the 28th as well

Well, Los Angeles itself is pretty huge. I went to USC and it would take me an HOUR to get home, which is still technically Los Angeles (I live by the beach). It takes me 30 minutes to get to my job is Hermosa Beach, yet we are all still called the South Bay. I am not sure if Pomona is part of Orange County or Los Angeles County. It really IS that big!!! But yeah, have fun!!! Hopefully I get an interview, because it will be the cheapest trip yet for me!

wahhhhhh. i guess the rest of us waiting to hear about interviews won't hear from western until at least jan 2nd... western is .closed from december 19th through january 2nd according to an automated email response from lacey :shrug:

Congrats for everyone who got an interview invite today!!!! As I turned in my app THE DAY BEFORE IT WAS DUE, I'm suspecting I will be the last to hear. Just curious, when did you guys turn in your supplementals? I haven't even gotten the app complete yet lol

Sorry for the late response to this, I've been asked about it (PM): I turned in my supplemental app on 10/14 and received my 'application complete' email on 11/9.

I wouldn't fret about it. I got an interview invite last year on 1/11 or so.

I'm also interviewing on the 28th! Excited to meet everyone :)

Does anyone know if they need fall transcripts? And if so where they should be sent to? Can't seem to find an address on their website

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone's status still say "Application Materials Received"? :confused:

Does anyone's status still say "Application Materials Received"? :confused:
Yes, and I got an e-mail just before they closed for break requesting the registrar's e-mail them the info from my transcript about my AP scores. Not sure if that's all they need to push me into review but am hoping so.

Yes, and I got an e-mail just before they closed for break requesting the registrar's e-mail them the info from my transcript about my AP scores. Not sure if that's all they need to push me into review but am hoping so.

I got an email saying my app was sent for review, so maybe the online portal is just behind?!?!

Just got an email for my interview invite! :D

Just got an email for my interview invite! :D
YAAY!

I called to check if they had gotten my info from the registrar. They got the e-mail this morning (must have had quite a backlog as I had it sent 12/22) and sent it to EDS. Lacey will be "finishing up my file" in the next couple of days...:scared:not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing due to wording.

I still haven't gotten an application complete email. I am a little worried.... Is there anyone else that has still not gotten that email? :confused:

I still haven't gotten an application complete email. I am a little worried.... Is there anyone else that has still not gotten that email? :confused:

I never got an email. All I got was a status change on the application check list that says "application materials received. "

I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet, but I emailed Lacey and she said that the website meant they had received my materials and that they were gonna finish sending out the confirmation emails the next few weeks.

Ok thanks! I guess it is nothing to worry about. I just saw other applicants have already got interviews set up and was getting a little worried. :)

Well, Los Angeles itself is pretty huge. I went to USC and it would take me an HOUR to get home, which is still technically Los Angeles (I live by the beach). It takes me 30 minutes to get to my job is Hermosa Beach, yet we are all still called the South Bay. I am not sure if Pomona is part of Orange County or Los Angeles County. It really IS that big!!! But yeah, have fun!!! Hopefully I get an interview, because it will be the cheapest trip yet for me!

This is irrelevant to the thread, but Pomona is part of Los Angeles County. Drive east a bit and you'll end up in San Bernadino County; Orange County is roughly southwest. But yes, if you have time while you're here for an interview, check out Claremont! Much nicer than Pomona.

Good luck to everyone who will be interviewing! I volunteered to help out so maybe I'll see some of you around. :)

This is irrelevant to the thread, but Pomona is part of Los Angeles County. Drive east a bit and you'll end up in San Bernadino County; Orange County is roughly southwest. But yes, if you have time while you're here for an interview, check out Claremont! Much nicer than Pomona.

Good luck to everyone who will be interviewing! I volunteered to help out so maybe I'll see some of you around. :)

I figured as much. I live northwest of Pomona. I never know when the counties actuallt change until I'm in Huntington Beach :)

I got an email saying my app was sent for review, so maybe the online portal is just behind?!?!
what day did your application get sent for review? mine was sent 12/14, but i still havent heard anything back...

what day did your application get sent for review? mine was sent 12/14, but i still havent heard anything back...

I got the email on 12/12 that my application was being sent for review, and an interview invitation on 01/04... hope that helps! Best of :luck:!

Please don't freak out that it was 2 days before mine :cool:... you never know what they're doing! :confused:

Just got my interview invite! So excited!

Also, if anyone's curious, I got my application complete email on 11/21.

Does anyone know about the selection process after interview? I was sure I read about this somewhere, but I can't find it!

Does anyone know about the selection process after interview? I was sure I read about this somewhere, but I can't find it!

my understanding is that you will have two interviewers, at least one faculty member, and either an alumni, another practicing vet, or a 2nd faculty member. based on their recommendations the apps will get pushed to the dean who personally selects the class.

This is a very exciting moment for all of you, and I am just as excited to see all the invitees that will start at the end of the month!

Ahh, I wish I wasn't still waiting. I know they're not done offering yet, but I still haven't got the e-mail that says I've moved to review. Talked to Karen last week and she said Lacey had all my info now and would be "finishing up" this batch of applicants to be sent for review on Friday. Still no word, I hate limbo.

Ahh, I wish I wasn't still waiting. I know they're not done offering yet, but I still haven't got the e-mail that says I've moved to review. Talked to Karen last week and she said Lacey had all my info now and would be "finishing up" this batch of applicants to be sent for review on Friday. Still no word, I hate limbo.

Hey FTB, I'm in the same position as you. We are supposed to be hearing "in a couple of weeks" for a file review email. Then we can have an interview invite as late as MARCH. I really hate dragging this out too. Misery loves company!

So for those interviewing on the 28th....is anyone flying in on the 27th? If so, how are you planning to get to the campus the next morning? I'm debating between getting a rental car, hailing a cab from the hotel, or using a hotel shuttle (if there is such a thing available). Any suggestions? Or better yet, anyone interested in splitting the cost of said transportation?

Hello, everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself....I've been lurking for a while and figured I may as well start posting. :) I received my "application complete" email from Karen on 10/11 and my interview invite on 1/9. I'll be interviewing on Jan. 28. yay! (granted, i'm absolutely terrified and this will also be my first time on a plane :scared:) Does anyone have an idea of roughly how many people are interviewing this year? also, any info on how many OOS seats there are?

Since its a solely private school, there are no OOS and IS spots. Shame, bc I live in SoCal lol!

So for those interviewing on the 28th....is anyone flying in on the 27th? If so, how are you planning to get to the campus the next morning? I'm debating between getting a rental car, hailing a cab from the hotel, or using a hotel shuttle (if there is such a thing available). Any suggestions? Or better yet, anyone interested in splitting the cost of said transportation?

I stayed at the Shilo Inn and used the free shuttle. They get tons of kids up there for interview every year so they pretty much expect it. No issues for me with doing that - got me to and from the airport too.

Just got my interview invite! So excited!

Also, if anyone's curious, I got my application complete email on 11/21.
Do you mean "sent to the committee review" or just "all materials received"? :( I wish I could stop freaking out about all of this and just get a response. The anxiety is going to kill me.

Yay I just got my application materials received email! I was getting worried lol.

I stayed at the Shilo Inn and used the free shuttle. They get tons of kids up there for interview every year so they pretty much expect it. No issues for me with doing that - got me to and from the airport too.

Ooo you said the magic word: FREE! :D

Thanks, TT, for the info. I'll look into the Shilo Inn.

Do you mean "sent to the committee review" or just "all materials received"? :( I wish I could stop freaking out about all of this and just get a response. The anxiety is going to kill me.
i got my "sent to the committee for review" email all the way back on 10/11 and didn't receive my interview invite until 1/9. this makes me think it doesn't really matter when you get that "sent to the committee for review" email in regards to when you might expect to receive an interview invite, because i know that there were people who had their applications sent for review way later than me, yet received interview invites before i did.

Wow, that's a long time to wait! I guess I can chill out with the overwhelming panic now, haha. :D

Hi everyone, I didn't want to just be a lurker. I am waiting to hear from Western U, got my materials recieved letter on 10/20. Its so hard waiting! So far I have an interview at KSU. Fingers crossed for everyone!:xf:

Hi all, this will be my first interview & I'm a little unsure what to expect. Recently someone suggested that during the interview it would be a good idea to have a binder that contains notes/responses for possible questions that may be asked as well as my responses written for the supplemental application. They said it would be useful to write a few notes to ensure that questions are addressed completely and if I need I could glance at the notes I put together. I was just curious if this is common or acceptable to do?

Can anyone offer me advice????? I just went to book my flight for my interview and it went up $200 from yesterday!!!!!!!! :(:( I really don't want to cancel my interview but it looks like I may have to. I am flying from Syracuse, NY.... any suggestions!?!?:(:(:(:(

My ticket from Indianapolis was over $400. If I drove the 2ish hours to O'Hare, it would have been about $200. But the times didn't work out, so I sucked it up.

Advice: if you are going to do it, don't wait any longer to book your flight. Southwest usually has pretty good deals.

Can anyone offer me advice????? I just went to book my flight for my interview and it went up $200 from yesterday!!!!!!!! :(:( I really don't want to cancel my interview but it looks like I may have to. I am flying from Syracuse, NY.... any suggestions!?!?:(:(:(:(

First of all where are you flying into? Ontario will be the closest and easiest because I think certain hotels are offering free shuttle services, and also im sure you have all the possible dates for interviews, find one that maybe cheaper and call the office right away on Tuesday to see if you can switch dates and cancel your flight and see if you can get it for cheaper on another date, best of luck and congrats for the interview!

Hi all, this will be my first interview & I'm a little unsure what to expect. Recently someone suggested that during the interview it would be a good idea to have a binder that contains notes/responses for possible questions that may be asked as well as my responses written for the supplemental application. They said it would be useful to write a few notes to ensure that questions are addressed completely and if I need I could glance at the notes I put together. I was just curious if this is common or acceptable to do?

I would suggest having something small and professional looking such as a portfolio. Also I would highly highly suggest going over your personal statement and the answers to your supplemental essays because it will refresh your memory on what you actually wrote and have some examples fresh in your mind to discuss during the interview. You can hold on to it during the interview day and have a notepad to take some notes if you want. However I would not recommend fliping through pages and notes during your actual interview, because it looks like you are not prepared and can't even talk about your self with out a reference, and plus they are looking at your social and conversational skills. You want to have a natural dynamic conversation, not a book report presentation. Also best of luck to you and congrats on the interview!

Does it look unprofessional to not bring anything into the interview with you? When I get nervous, I tend to fidget, so I was planning on bringing nothing with me & just leaving my hands clasped in my lap. :(

Does it look unprofessional to not bring anything into the interview with you? When I get nervous, I tend to fidget, so I was planning on bringing nothing with me & just leaving my hands clasped in my lap. :(

Ditto, I want to bring nothing...

I had nothing just cause i dont like to carry stuff