WesternU C/O 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
*sigh* I got my app complete e-mail on 1/19 and still no news here. Really starting to feel like it's over already.

C'mon. They just got their interview invite yesterday. Keep your head up. Plenty of hope left. :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Jan 25th. No reply.

Maybe alphabetically? Maybe they have monkeys running around and picking up random apps for the Adcom to look at. I'm goin with that theory

I'm not so sure about monkeys, they are pretty evil. I would imagine a kinder, gentler animal picking up random apps. Like...a sloth! And that's why it's taking a bit longer!

I'm not so sure about monkeys, they are pretty evil. I would imagine a kinder, gentler animal picking up random apps. Like...a sloth! And that's why it's taking a bit longer!

Definitely a sloth. That takes multiple naps

Members don't see this ad :)
Jan 25th. No reply.

Maybe alphabetically? Maybe they have monkeys running around and picking up random apps for the Adcom to look at. I'm goin with that theory
It could be alphabetically... My last name starts with B. But I don't think it is any sort of order. I turned in all of my application materials in September and my application was not complete until last week!!! I definitely won't loose hope.

It could be alphabetically... My last name starts with B. But I don't think it is any sort of order. I turned in all of my application materials in September and my application was not complete until last week!!! I definitely won't loose hope.

Eh, my last name starts with a D, and I got an interview invite on December 15. But I had all my stuff turned in well before the deadline and got the File Complete email the first week of October. I think they just get overwhelmed with so much paperwork and so many applicant files that it does indeed become random albeit in the order they received all of your materials.

The office that does all this, however, must be staffed by sloths. I imagine a humongous pile of folders, laid out on desks much like a deck of cards....and the staff telling each other, "pick a file, any file! Let's see who gets lucky today!! " :D

Eh, my last name starts with a D, and I got an interview invite on December 15. But I had all my stuff turned in well before the deadline and got the File Complete email the first week of October. I think they just get overwhelmed with so much paperwork and so many applicant files that it does indeed become random albeit in the order they received all of your materials.

The office that does all this, however, must be staffed by sloths. I imagine a humongous pile of folders, laid out on desks much like a deck of cards....and the staff telling each other, "pick a file, any file! Let's see who gets lucky today!! " :D

Lacey said they only have one person in EDS entering everything received from applicants and the online application system went down at the beggining of October which put them way behind. They are going through a bit of a learning curve I guess considering this is the first year their supplemental app is online.

I just got my interview invite on Tuesday. Crazy that people have already been accepted!

What?! I don't think anyone's been accepted....

Marsala, you sure they are sloths??? They seem like evil creatures to me for having me wait this long!!!!

I just got my interview invite on Tuesday. Crazy that people have already been accepted!

Trust me, no one has been accepted yet. All interviewees will be notified of their status no sooner than March 15.

Trust me, no one has been accepted yet. All interviewees will be notified of their status no sooner than March 15.

Yeah, they said not a single person will know anything before March 15th. Every decision is sent that day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Marsala, you sure they are sloths??? They seem like evil creatures to me for having me wait this long!!!!

Well, they may seem evil, but sloths have those long, curved toenails, which make it very difficult to pick up applications. So they are likely well-meaning sloths, but their morphology is holding them back.

oh my bad guys. I thought I read on this thread that people had been accepted. I guess I've been on SDN too long and got my threads confused.

oh my bad guys. I thought I read on this thread that people had been accepted. I guess I've been on SDN too long and got my threads confused.

Hahaha. Know where you are coming from. :)

Hi. I am new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone knows if WesternU will be adding additional interview dates? Thanks.

I have heard that theyhave interview dates until the 21st...admissions said they should be done with the process by the 26th of this month because the dean has to pick everyone for the entering class and letters go out march 15.

I have heard that theyhave interview dates until the 21st...admissions said they should be done with the process by the 26th of this month because the dean has to pick everyone for the entering class and letters go out march 15.

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know if they have sent any rejection letters yet?

Any SDNners interviewing tomorrow?

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know if they have sent any rejection letters yet?

Rejections after interviews or just in general? I know quite a few people who have received rejections but for some reason nobody has posted them on sdn.

Rejections after interviews or just in general? I know quite a few people who have received rejections but for some reason nobody has posted them on sdn.
Just in general. I haven't received an interview or a rejection. Does anyone know if the committee is still reviewing files?

I know someone who got an interview invite on Saturday for the 21st so I think they're still reviewing files

Does anyone know if rejection letters will be sent via email or snail mail this year? I recieved my rejection from Western last year in the mail..... Just wondering.

Hello! Notifications will be sent via e-mail this year. We have found that candidates would rather hear sooner than later about their status. Post interview status notifications will be sent via e-mail and followed up with a hard copy via postal mail in March. Best of luck to all of you!

Sincerely,

We apologize for the delay. We have files still out for review. You will be notified via e-mail once a decision has been made regarding your file. Feel free to contact our office if you do not hear from us by Friday, February 24th. Safe travels to all this interview season!

Last edited:
Hello, everyone!

Files are sent to the Admissions Committee for review as they are deemed complete by the Admissions Office. From there it is up to the committee to conduct the review and notify the Admissions Office with their decision. On behalf of the Admissions Office we sincerely apologize for the delay. File review typically takes 5-7 business days from the time you are notified via e-mail that it is being sent. You are always welcome to contact our office to see if your file is still out for review. Hang in there. We have just schedule an additional interview day for Saturday, February 25th for candidates who are out of state and expect to complete file review by Friday, February 17th.

Dear Marsala:

We certainly understand the anxiety candidates are experiencing during this busy time of year. However, I can assure you that the admissions staff are hard-working, efficient and do their best to process applications and notify candidates in a timely manner. As I am not on the Admissions Committee I can only tell you that the committee does not randomly select applications to review and that they are not sloths or monkeys. Rather they are dedicated, hardworking faculty with a strong commitment to students. This could possibly explain the delay rather than the proposed animal-like characteristics. I wish you the best of luck in the process and hope that you hear from us shortly if you have not already heard.

Dear Marsala:

We certainly understand the anxiety candidates are experiencing during this busy time of year. However, I can assure you that the admissions staff are hard-working, efficient and do their best to process applications and notify candidates in a timely manner. As I am not on the Admissions Committee I can only tell you that the committee does not randomly select applications to review and that they are not sloths or monkeys. Rather they are dedicated, hardworking faculty with a strong commitment to students. This could possibly explain the delay rather than the proposed animal-like characteristics. I wish you the best of luck in the process and hope that you hear from us shortly if you have not already heard.

Thanks for the updates! We know you guys are working hard, and we appreciate your efforts!:)

Hey y'all, check your e-mails. I just got an interview offer *so excited* The dates they gave to choose between are 2/21 (Tues) and 2/25 (Sat, limited avail) so there's still time and hope for y'all!

Hope to see others here soon, so glad I got an interview!

Hey y'all, check your e-mails. I just got an interview offer *so excited* The dates they gave to choose between are 2/21 (Tues) and 2/25 (Sat, limited avail) so there's still time and hope for y'all!

See that... it wasn't over after all. Great news. Congrats. And for those still waiting, keep your heads up. ;)

Congrats!:thumbup:

Wanted to let you all know I am declining my interview at Western. Hope someone from SD gets my spot!! Good luck you guys!!:soexcited:

By the way.... My interview was on the 21st.

I hope everyone had a good month before Western Decision day!!! :laugh:;):p

Sadly declining yesterday's interview offer :( If I got to pick my school solely based on programs, Western would be my top choice, hands down. I just can't do a 1000 mi move with 2 horses, leave my boyfriend behind, and pay more than double my IS tuition. I really hope that this opens up another interview slot for someone! Good luck!!!:luck:

Own it up, ftb.

Sadly declining yesterday's interview offer :( If I got to pick my school solely based on programs, Western would be my top choice, hands down. I just can't do a 1000 mi move with 2 horses, leave my boyfriend behind, and pay more than double my IS tuition. I really hope that this opens up another interview slot for someone! Good luck!!!:luck:

I feel the exact same way. LOVE their program, simply can't afford it! :(

I actually just got offered an interview. Does anyone have any ideas questions they ask etc? Thank you so much for your help!!

I actually just got offered an interview. Does anyone have any ideas questions they ask etc? Thank you so much for your help!!

They ask 4 standardized questions. It's a closed interview, so the interviewers don't know anything about you. The questions are all behavioral based questions, like "explain a time blah blah blah". I think if you do a google search for western vet school interview questions you should be able to find some good examples of the kinds of questions they ask

Looks like someone panicked in admissions as the day was coming to an end and had to fulfill the interview quota. Just got one. ;)

Am I the ONLY one who hasnt gotten one?!?!?!

Am I the ONLY one who hasnt gotten one?!?!?!

I just called Western with a question regarding the interview and asked them about you. Evidently, you are in fact, the only person that has yet to get one. I was surprised at how candid they were.

I just called Western with a question regarding the interview and asked them about you. Evidently, you are in fact, the only person that has yet to get one. I was surprised at how candid they were.

Gah!!!!! I knew it. Curses

Hahaha.

August West: I am not sure who you spoke with here as I and one other staff member are answering the phone today and neither of us have informed a caller that a particular individual has not yet been invited for interview. We do have files still out for review and hope to have them back by the end of the day. We encourage anyone wanting to know the status of their application prior to interviewing to contact our office directly. We do NOT disclose any information about candidates to anyone other than the candidate him/herself. Tiger Willow please contact our office directly and we will gladly let you know where in the process your application is.