WesternU MSMS Fall 2012/2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just receive an email saying that it is ready for evaluation. How long will it be until they contact me?

Members don't see this ad.

It took several weeks before I was invited for an interview. I would imagine the process would be faster now since the interview cycle has begun.

Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for the MSMS 2012-2013 students?

Members don't see this ad :)
There is just a facebook page for the 2012/2013 applicants right now: WesternU MSMS Q&A Prospective Student. You can just request to join it and someone will accept your request. Once applicants start to be accepted into the class, there will be a page for the new 2012/2013 students

thanks! is there any hotels you would recommend to stay at while interviewing?

thanks! is there any hotels you would recommend to stay at while interviewing?

I stayed at the Comfort Inn...it was super close to the school. Did you get an interview?

i did for march 28th. is there any advice you would mind sharing?

when was your interview scheduled? When was your file complete?

I got a phone call last week on Thursday and was complete Feb 10th

thanks. My file was also complete in Feb. so maybe there is some hope.

Would any of the students having interviews mind sharing your stats?

File complete on Mar 9, yay! Good luck to everyone interviewing!

I mean all my materials were marked recieved...I did not know they give phone calls in their applcation process, is that true?

Ah ok, I read the back posts....I do not think they evaluated my application yet, I submitted it the day before the deadline.

Last edited:
Complete means you got phone call after they have evaluated your application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete just means they received all of the necessary materials to evaluate my application

are they still going to interview people or is it over?

When I went to interview on March 1st they said they were planning for 3 interview dates but it was subject to change depending on how many they accept from the previous groups

When I went to interview on March 1st they said they were planning for 3 interview dates but it was subject to change depending on how many they accept from the previous groups

Hopefully we hear sometime this week. I think the earliest they said is two weeks. I am not having fun waiting!

File complete: 02/10
File sent for evaluation: 02/22

Still waiting..emailed Jodi and got a reply about linkage and application status. Might know more after Wednesday she said.

What do you mean? They will let you know about your application status or give you more information about linkages?

Opps. I meant I might know more about my application. Here's what Jodi said:

"Yes your file is being reviewed by a faculty member on the admissions committee. I think we should have it back to move forward no later than Wednesday."

Last edited:
about how long after peoples files were sent for evaluation did they receive interview invites?

Just received an interview invite for March 28th via email.

I also received an invite for March 28th on thursday morning. Has anyone gotten the 2nd email with the details after you confirmed that you will be attending on the 28th?

I just receive an email saying that it is ready for evaluation. How long will it be until they contact me?

Jodi Olson said it takes 2-3 weeks for them to begin looking at your file after it's ready for evaluation by the department. It took them just under 3 weeks to notify me of my interview.

they put me on hold. I guess I need to apply next cycle....

they put me on hold. I guess I need to apply next cycle....

Did they tell you that? Or are you just assuming? Because I know someone who applied right before the deadline, and they are still waiting for their file to be ready for evaluation by the department. So they are not even done looking at everyone. I'm sure they'll have more interviews coming up. Don't give up!

yea they emailed me yesterday and told me that mine will be on hold and I am not guaranteed an interview.

This is what they wrote.

After review of your application, the Admissions Committee has opted to place your application for the Fall 2012 entering class on "hold". Although we cannot guarantee that you will be granted an interview, you are still being considered.

Your admissions status will remain unchanged until you are notified by the Admissions Office. If you are granted an interview we will contact you immediately. From this point forward we will update you on your hold status on a monthly basis until you receive a final decision.

3.3 gpa and 1100 GRE maybe that is why stats no good?

Stats seem good. If anything, you probably submitted your app in too late. When was it ready for evaluation?

mcat: 28S
gpa (this is probably the reason): 2.66 sci, 3.1 overall
really really good EC/clinical

That might have been the case but to be placed on hold It means that they have already evaluated my app and decided that the other applicants were more qualified.

For those that interviewed on March 1st you guys hear anything yet?

Jodi said the committee will meet on 4/2 and we'll hear more then when I asked about my application status (haven't received interview).

When you say you have not received interview does that mean you were placed on hold?

"When you say you have not received interview does that mean you were placed on hold?"

No, it means I have not heard anything either way, and app was ready for evaluation on 2/28. When was yours ready for evaluation? Wasn't it after mine was? I'm surprised you heard from them before me, but then my app is very complicated... with a lot of different transcrips

Last edited:
"When you say you have not received interview does that mean you were placed on hold?"

No, it means I have not heard anything either way, and app was ready for evaluation on 2/28. When was yours ready for evaluation? Wasn't it after mine was? I'm surprised you heard from them before me, but then my app is very complicated... with a lot of different transcrips

I was ready for evaluation on 2/14 and I have not heard anything either. I'm guessing it is not looking good for me.

mine was ready around 3/2 or 3/4 and they put me on hold so I think I am more screwed since it dosent seem like they like my application.

Nothing yet.....Hopefully soon, but maybe not until after the next group

It's starting to get annoying that they keep telling us a certain date but they never follow through with the date. I understand they are busy but it's getting a little bit ridiculous.

It's starting to get annoying that they keep telling us a certain date but they never follow through with the date. I understand they are busy but it's getting a little bit ridiculous.

I know. This is definitely the program I want to be in but it would be great to hear soon so we can get prepared/ figure out where to live. I hope it is not long after the interviews next week. I'm guessing they will evaluate both our group and next week's at the same time

I know. This is definitely the program I want to be in but it would be great to hear soon so we can get prepared/ figure out where to live. I hope it is not long after the interviews next week. I'm guessing they will evaluate both our group and next week's at the same time

Yeah I guess all we can do is wait. Lame because now I have to pay the deposit for another program as a back up. :/

Yeah I guess all we can do is wait. Lame because now I have to pay the deposit for another program as a back up. :/

Look on the bright side. You got an interview, and a backup school you already got into :) Some people only applied to Western and have not heard from them.

What other schools have you guy applied to? Or are planning on applying to?