WesternU MSMS Fall 2012/2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone give any advice for those interviewing next week that have already had an interview or share your interview day

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone give any advice for those interviewing next week that have already had an interview or share your interview day

It was pretty straight forward. You have presentation first followed by a tour and essay. You have 2 interviews one with current msms students and the other is with faculty. Basically they just ask you why you want to do your specific field and other situational type questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Who else is going to the interview tomorrow (3/28) at 8:30am?

I hear there's one spot left for tomorrow's interview group. I had to turn it down because having only contacted me this morning, it was too last minute and finding a flight (and someone to cover my shift at work) was too difficult. Next interview date is scheduled for April 13th. Just an FYI for all those still waiting! Good Luck!

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow! They really make it a nice experience.

How many people are normally invited to interview? For those that went on March 1st, how many people showed up?

for those that have an interview, were you contacted just by phone or also email? (cause I recently lost my phone...so I'm wondering if I should call them and let them know)
And if by phone and you missed the phone call, did they leave you a message?

for those that have an interview, were you contacted just by phone or also email? (cause I recently lost my phone...so I'm wondering if I should call them and let them know)

I got contacted by email.

I was contacted by email. Did not get a phone call.

Members don't see this ad :)
How is your interview day going? Good luck

Did they say anything at the interview yesterday about when they would be reviewing the files of the first and second interview groups?

Did they say anything at the interview yesterday about when they would be reviewing the files of the first and second interview groups?

Jodi said the admissions committee is getting together next week to review the first 2 groups. She's going to try to get them to decide and send out acceptances at least for some people in about two weeks. But they also said that people might get accepted up to the first weeks of the programs.

For those who are still waiting for interviews, according to their curriculum calendar they have interviews scheduled for April 13th and 25th.

For those who are still waiting for interviews, according to their curriculum calendar they have interviews scheduled for April 13th and 25th.

thank you so much for the info :) i wonder how many completed applications they received this year

thank you so much for the info :) i wonder how many completed applications they received this year

I wonder how many applications they received last year...is there a waitlist for Western?

For those who have already interviewed, have you heard anything from Western?

If you're still waiting for an interview, check your emails! I just got invited for April 13th a few hours ago! Hope to see you there!

Thanks. I posted the question before the invite came. I will see you there.

Hopefully they review the first two groups soon...I am driving myself crazy waiting to hear back

Hey, just got an email about coming in for an interview on April 25th! Good luck everyone!

I can see where it would be hard just waiting for an acceptance. have you been accepted anywhere else?

I hope they let people know soon since the program starts around June 1st and people still need to find housing and other accommodations.There's less than 2 months left to go.

During the interview, Jodi said they are meeting this week (according to a previous poster, they were supposed to meet yesterday) and that she hopes that they can notify some applicants, about their status, next week. So next week would probably be the earliest anyone will hear anything. She did also say that some people might find out about their acceptance up to the first week of the program.

Just like everyone else, I'm also dreading this wait time =/

I got my acceptance email about n hour ago :)

Congratulations to everyone who has received an acceptance.

It seems like according to the Facebook page only 2 people got accepted so far? Can someone confirm that?

Update: I just received an email saying that I'm on hold.

"On behalf of the Graduate College of Biomedical Sciences, Master of Science in Medical Sciences (MSMS) program, I wish to inform you of the status of your interview.

After your interview, the Admissions Committee has decided to place your application on "hold". Although we cannot guarantee that you will be accepted into the Doctor of Pharmacy program entering in August 2012, or that you will be selected as an "alternate", we wish to let you know that you are still being considered.

Your admissions status could change to accept, alternate or non-accept between now and April. If your status changes you will be notified by the Admissions Office in writing; otherwise final decisions will be made after all interviews have been completed. From this point forward we will update you on your admissions status on a monthly basis until you receive a final decision."

What is kind of weird is that they said "we cannot guarantee that you will be accepted into the Doctor of Pharmacy program entering in August 2012" I'm pretty sure I didn't apply to the Pharmacy program.... so that tells me that they pretty much just copied and pasted this crap without double checking it. Pretty lame, you think they would take the extra 10 seconds to double check their emails before sending them out. I know the program is new but I feel that this lack of professionalism doesn't reflect well on the school/program.

Last edited:
For the ones who were accepted, do you mind listing your science GPA and MCAT? Thanks

I received the email stating that my application has been placed on hold also. My email also referred to the Pharmacy program. Maybe they sent us the wrong emails, and we were actually accepted :) When did you interview? I was on the 28th.

I received the email stating that my application has been placed on hold also. My email also referred to the Pharmacy program. Maybe they sent us the wrong emails, and we were actually accepted :) When did you interview? I was on the 28th.

Haha, that would be cool if that happened. I interviewed on March 1st.

I was wondering did anyone get an email saying that they were an "alternate?" According to the email it seems like being on "hold" is worse than being an "alternate." From the guidebook we got during the interview day it seemed that there were only 3 options; accept, alternate, or non-accept.

I was wondering did anyone get an email saying that they were an "alternate?" According to the email it seems like being on "hold" is worse than being an "alternate." From the guidebook we got during the interview day it seemed that there were only 3 options; accept, alternate, or non-accept.

I was wondering the same thing. I tried calling admissions yesterday to ask but just got a voicemail. I'll let you know if I hear anything. It would make sense if they did not designate alternates until they've conducted all the interviews. It would be nice to know how many acceptances were offered.

I was wondering the same thing. I tried calling admissions yesterday to ask but just got a voicemail. I'll let you know if I hear anything. It would make sense if they did not designate alternates until they've conducted all the interviews. It would be nice to know how many acceptances were offered.

From what Jodi was saying on interview day, I don't even think they have sent out all the acceptances from the first two sets. They might be waiting for the next two interviews before they decide for sure about some applicants. So it would make sense not to be sending out alternates yet.

It seems like according to the Facebook page only 2 people got accepted so far? Can someone confirm that?

There are now 7 accepted students on the fb page.

Last edited:
Talked to a counselor and she said outcome status letters were mailed out yesterday.

Has anyone heard if any of the candidates from the first two interview groups have been rejected?